Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Concert event was (is) okay but...

It might have been better if it would have been on a new lot type that you could have placed. Somewhere you could continue to have the concert festivals for as long as you choose to (cancel them by removing the lot). Maybe even build your own; I mean, what did you really need other than the stage?

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'd love to keep the festivals, too, and I have an additional request: if you make them permanent, please relocate them from sunday to a different day. The starlight accolades are sheduled sunday afternoon already.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I liked it. The fact it's temporary is what makes it feel like an event. I'm sure we'll see more shows there in future.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    @Benjamilian
    What made this one so special was the trio of real life performers. That really should be reserved for special occasions.

But the same mechanic, using performer sims from our own pool, that could stay.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I like having a new thing, but I dislike some things. It is very difficult to socialize during the show due to the autonomous actions. I wanted to play the love-at-a-music-festival cliche and it was... Frustrating? Frustrating.

Also, probably my biggest annoyance, the new T-shirts permanently insert themselves into all my neighborhoods. I can just scroll through the household manager and see everyone that has ever attended.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited June 2021
    I’ve only had one sim attend, but I haven’t noticed the tshirt stand open, I hope the pictures my musician took come out good.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    So i just checked out the festival now and Im like...."that's it? Its so....dinky."

Im gonna hope for a festival/bands pack in the future. I'd love to have musical festival on a more impressive lot. The set up honestly looks like something someone rigged up in their backyard in one afternoon.
  • Options
    SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    It's okay for me except that the performers do not even have fame levels. They should at least be Rising Stars or B-Listers.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited July 2021
    yeah I wish the stage worked outside festivals so my sims could still perform on it without festival

and i kinda wish it wasn't just sundays given the time limit on this event I'm really not going to have more than one or two sims visit the festival cause i play so slow :sweat_smile:

the shirts? cursed.

also kind of annoying how all sims jump on stage after the performances end so if you do want your own sim to perform its a mess

hopefully if we get music pack this all be corrected for that though

for free event i can forgive
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’ve only had one sim attend, but I haven’t noticed the tshirt stand open, I hope the pictures my musician took come out good.

I found out why the t-shirt stand didn’t open. I had some stands in willow creek park, and one of those stands opened instead, I just had to go into build snd delete the other stands. Sent my sims home and then back to the park, and now I had someone open the t-shirt stand fir the session.
  • Options
    So i just checked out the festival now and Im like...."that's it? Its so....dinky."

Im gonna hope for a festival/bands pack in the future. I'd love to have musical festival on a more impressive lot. The set up honestly looks like something someone rigged up in their backyard in one afternoon.

I’m thinking that they did so much work giving the sims such different animations at the summer session, that they might be planning to use them in a band oack
  • Options
    NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

I’m thinking that they did so much work giving the sims such different animations at the summer session, that they might be planning to use them in a band oack

This is what I think, too. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a band/music pack in the works. They wouldn't put all this effort in for a one week only event and never use it again.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    My Global Superstar was reacted to by the Sims around him. I was able to have him sign autographs, too.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    I loved it! Will be very disappointed if its not left in the game, finally a family activity all can attend
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Anyone notice that your sims bought stuff at the stalls during the intervals? One of my sims returned home with two crystals.

The downer was that the exact same sims turned up every time I went.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    yes @calaprfy I took the Bheedas to the concert. Arun Bheeda autonomously did "browse table" and then autonomously bought a crystal without me telling him to! Fortunately I could sell it back from his inventory for the same price, so no harm done, but it was odd to have a sim I was playing autonomously buy an item.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    @calaprfy My Sims haven't bought anything at the tables. It looked like one was haggling with the vendor, but I checked her inventory and she apparently didn't end up buying it.

I've had a variety of Sims attend the show. There are a few that seem to make it every time: I always see the Heckings. Zoe Patel is a fan. One of the Pancakes, if not both, are in the crowd. I do see some different faces, though. I think almost all the young adults I recognize have made an appearance, but I haven't seen anyone from any other age group in the crowd.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I only had young adults show up. Even the teen my Sim invited accepted the invitation but didn’t come.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I wish that there was an option to talk to performers after they've finished a song. At the very least to get autographs or a selfie or something lol. Once they go behind the stage, they just go poof
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I like the event. I would love it if Maxis uploaded the performers with celebrity status (so GF is pack needed) to the gallery when the festival time is up.
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I like the stage object, the new t-shirt venue & the cool one piece spandex outfit with gloves. B)
    The actual concert boring. Zzz
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I had only heard of Glass Animals, but was excited anyway.

I thought it would be like City Living festivals; a large space full of interesting things, more Sims than usual, and enough to keep Sims busy until the entire thing disappears. This was smaller, had far less to do, and had maybe 8 Sims crowded around a stage big enough for a piano and two Sims. The most fun I had was making my Sims have tent woohoo, because I don't own any packs with tents.

That was acceptable, though. I'm used to disappointment.

But it changed my Sims' clothes permanently. I spent a lot of time setting up my world, dressing my Sims, and unlike festivals, I can't ask Sims to see outfit and have them change back because it replaced their clothes with the festival shirts. My current options are go back to a previous save and don't play again until the 8th (which is sad), or try to remember what all the Sims were wearing (which is frustrating).

TL;DR: I expected disappointment, lowered my standards further, and was still even more disappointed even though I didn't think it was possible.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I only had young adults show up. Even the teen my Sim invited accepted the invitation but didn’t come.

I didn't word my post too well. I had a variety of different Sims, but they were all young adults. I think the teens should have been added to the pool of possible attendees, too. I'm not sure how old a Young Adult is in Sim-world, as opposed to an Adult, but it seems to me that some "full-fledged" Adults would have fit in well.

Update: The next time the Sims Sessions rolled around, a teen called Tony Albrecht showed up to catch the show. Tony and his family were generated by the game to fill a house in Willow Creek.
    Post edited by MoonlightGraham on
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    Zimz4Zimz4 Posts: 354 Member
    I didn't like the performers. I mean it's fun thing Team Maxis came up with. And it was a good thing they added a blog-ish thing explaining who these artists actually are (turns out my first impression of a bunch of nobodies was apparently wrong). And it was probably fun for these artist to do this 'gig' and get improved recognition around the world, but they just aren't my style. I would have liked to be able to roll my own performers in CAS and have me be able to pick songs that are available on the in-game radio stations for them to sing on stage or something. With customizable merch. Kinda like take a photograph with a camera object and have to option for the resulting picture to appear on merchandise like t-shirts in game. You know, keeping the game my sandbox.