Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Strangeville is beautiful!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Wow, those pictures are awesome! I keep meaning to play through it, I just can't decide which sim to use. Maybe I'll just jump in and give it a try.
  • Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,771 Member
    edited June 2021
    I forgot to post my fave Strangerville screenshot last night. (It's slightly digitally edited) It's a bit blurry but there's something a bit creepy/isolated but weirdly pretty about it.
    Nr1S9s3.png
    Strangerville is one of the worlds that has come up a lot in my various bits of storytelling, I remember I ended up coming up with a lot of my own long-winded headcanons... I like the premades in the town as well although I don't really have any sorts of headcanons for them.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Honestly, really wish we had more lots in Strangerville. It really is pretty and I wish there was more...world-building/bb customizable stuff you can do with The Mother and that whole plotline. Like it would've been a good way to expand upon aliens a bit or at least add more content.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

Also, the Star Wars stuff looks great there. I have Batuu styled homes in the whole of the top portion of the world and they look fab.

Oh, that's a great idea! I've been at a loss about what to actually do with my one JtB save (I normally stick to one main save, but I'm trying to keep my SW save separate from my main), but that would work perfectly.

I'm not too crazy about the town neighborhood, but I do really love the bluffs area. It's not the kind of climate where I'd like to live in real life, but it really is stunningly beautiful for a virtual visit. Although we're basically in a drought at home, so I'm spending most of my game time these days (sims or otherwise) in snowy climates, not the desert! :D
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Here's a few of my pics:
    06-29-21_5-57-15%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

I really like this one, for some reason:
    06-29-21_5-57-50%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

And with some of the houses:
    06-29-21_6-00-45%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    If they want to give us some kind of extension to StrangerVille, I would be a fan. They could add some new challenge.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It is a stunning world and a very underrated pack and I feel it gets too much hate. It's been nice seeing other simmers pictures and love for this pack <3
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do agree Strangerville looks good but that is how far it goes for me.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    Its a bit off topic but... they did it again 0.o

Im lucky servos dont get pregnant or my alien would run her own alien orphanage by now :D

a6M9Dhk.png

• Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I haven't really played my Strangerville yet, though I own it.
    My plan for a save file is to make a Scooby Doo team to solve the mystery.
    Right now I have a Sim I created to solve the mystery, and started a bit with her.
    I am holding off a bit, because as listed in the Scooby Doo team above, I kind of want to have a planned team to solve the mystery.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Umbreon12 wrote: »
    Right now I have a Sim I created to solve the mystery, and started a bit with her.
    I am holding off a bit, because as listed in the Scooby Doo team above, I kind of want to have a planned team to solve the mystery.
    I made the Scooby Doo team for it when it first came out, they were fun 😁
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021

I did this recently but as I have an 80 Sim limit I had to shorten the team to fit them in my existing save.
    I imagined they ate some of the strange fruit 🍎 and it had an usual effect of combining them.
    So there’s Fraggy (Fred and Shaggy combined) and Delma (Daphne and Velma). Scooby is very confused! 😂😂😂.

In a new save I’ll make the whole team.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    It's indeed a very cool place. It reminds me of some World of Warcraft zones, expecially Badlands and Redridge Mountains.
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • Options
    I am split between downloading the gang from the Gallery or making my own. If I make my own, Scooby may be a puppy, so he can be with the gang longer.
    Strangerville is a mystery, and more of an actual game, and since it a mystery, I want to create a proper team.
    My first Strangerville Sim is named Erna Gale, and I have seen the world through her when I started it a bit, but I read reviews on how to beat the game, so I plan to add either more Sims with her, or just make the Scooby Doo gang to play it for the actual first time.
  • Options

I did this recently but as I have an 80 Sim limit I had to shorten the team to fit them in my existing save.
    I imagined they ate some of the strange fruit 🍎 and it had an usual effect of combining them.
    So there’s Fraggy (Fred and Shaggy combined) and Delma (Daphne and Velma). Scooby is very confused! 😂😂😂.

I made my Sims unlimited on my PS4, and my PC, because have the ideas I have usually end up surpassing the 80 Sim limit. Makes the system slightly longer to load, but I get to create as many Sims as I want.
    Also, how did Fraggy and Delma look? The combinations sound really interesting.

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021

I made my Sims unlimited on my PS4, and my PC, because have the ideas I have usually end up surpassing the 80 Sim limit. Makes the system slightly longer to load, but I get to create as many Sims as I want.
    I’m trying to find a way to post pictures. I’m not tech savvy nor do I link accounts.

Fraggy ended up looking like a posh surfer dude.
    Representing Fred: short styled hair, white top, creative trait (he makes the plans for the gang).
    Representing Shaggy: stubble, burgundy pants, foodie trait.
    Both: dog lover.

Delma is more unusual:
    Representing Daphne: a purple top, red hair, romantic trait.
    Representing Velma: glasses, orange shoes, geek trait.

I may risk a higher Sim limit on a new save as 80 really isn’t enough.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options

I’m trying to find a way to post pictures. I’m not tech savvy nor do I link accounts.

Fraggy ended up looking like a posh surfer dude.
    Representing Fred: short styled hair, white top, creative trait (he makes the plans for the gang).
    Representing Shaggy: stubble, burgundy pants, foodie trait.

Delma is more unusual:
    Representing Daphne: a purple top, red hair, romantic trait.
    Representing Velma: glasses, orange shoes, geek trait.

I may risk a higher Sim limit on a new save as 80 really isn’t enough.

Don't worry, I am not that tech savvy either.
    Nice, those combinations sound really interesting, and it is an interesting mixture.
    One idea I have is making the Scooby gang, and play through Strangerville with them, or make four Sims from the pairings for them. I may do a Fred/Daphne pairing and Shaggy Velma, and use their kids to solve the mystery, or Fred/Velma and Daphne/Shaggy and use their kids. I may do all of it in the same save file, and just replay it with them. This kind of thought process is why I make my game unlimited.
    If you increase the Sim limit, it will make your game longer to load, but for me it was worth it. i just have too many ideas I want to explore, as well as trying to add in series I like into my game.
  • Options
    DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    I love Strangerville, it is a perfect mix of beauty and strange. It is one of my favorite worlds in TS4.
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    I love Strangerville! It just might be my favorite world!
    1500x500.jpg