Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Gameplay Trailer 7/1

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    It IS nice that it's another Not-American world, at least.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I could not help myself, but had to make a blog post with 40 pictures and whatever new info I managed to pick up during that trailer :)

animals-21.jpg

Right now I'm excited for the 16 x canning, cross stitch by reference, lots of new kitchen decor, and that also animals can be entered the contest in the village. I wish we had a world map by now, but hey ho :)

Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    apregeant wrote: »
    I’m wondering how groceries work. I’ve downloaded SRSLY’s cooking overhaul before because I really hate the fridge always being full thing.

Could “grocery store” be a new lot type placeable in any world? I’m really hoping if you have the lot challenge on you don’t always have to go to Henford on Bagley to get groceries.

I think you can also call for grocery delivery -- not sure if that works in any world or just HoB. The "grocery store" is a market stall, similar to the produce stall that's in a couple of the San Myshuno neighborhoods; it'll probably be placeable in other worlds but not sure if it'll automatically spawn a vendor unless you use a mod like LMS' Auto Employees or similar.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2021
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    canning which is pretty clearly just herbalism recycled, cross stitching is blatantly just knitting recycled

Kind of, yes. But... people have been asking for canning and asking for cross stitching, and they gave them to us.

I'm not sure there would have been any logical way to make either of them that didn't recycle a bit from previous skills, and I'd still much rather have them than not.

That's true, but it doesn't really give a good impression on the pack when a quarter of the trailer is spent showing off recycled content
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    The British Llama was a great narrator after all these über-excited women in the previous trailers.

What a breath of fresh air for a change. I’d rather have Harold the Llama do all the VO’s from now on than having to listen to all this other pretentious squeaking. No offense. 😇

Plus they totally did the Richard Ayoade on that one. Did anyone else notice or do folks here even know who he is? (IT Crowd, Crystal Maze).
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I loved Harold the Llama, and for a first-time narrator I thought he was first rate! I also love this pack, it appeals to me in so many ways. I no longer care about the price. I must and shall have it, and I am *gasp* preordering it.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I love Harold I wish he was a sim. Also I loved how British the trailer was with his witt and humour. The world blog sounds interesting I wish they would release an interactive map like they did with mt komorebi. Plus the pre-made sims sound interesting too.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I thought Herold the Llama was a hoot. :D Plus, I so love the second trailer with all the wonderful CAS outfits for both sims, the naughty woohoo in the Animal Shed, the new lot traits, the funny "Burglar" fox with the new alarm, the swan animals & the cool new Venue Pub. ;):D:p
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    That archway gives me nightmares, it looks like a black hole.

ikwXHbo.png
  • Options
    summertaffy68summertaffy68 Posts: 211 Member
    Just finished watching the trailer and it looks amazing! I am so excited, I wish it were already out. Aside from the new animals, the cross-stitching is what has me most excited. And stitching from reference? So cool!
    1500x500.jpg
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've started feeling a bit sorry for that fox!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

ikwXHbo.png

You should have nightmares, that shed is actually full of bodachs. The black and evil kind.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    canning which is pretty clearly just herbalism recycled, cross stitching is blatantly just knitting recycled

Kind of, yes. But... people have been asking for canning and asking for cross stitching, and they gave them to us.

I'm not sure there would have been any logical way to make either of them that didn't recycle a bit from previous skills, and I'd still much rather have them than not.

That's true, but it doesn't really give a good impression on the pack when a quarter of the trailer is spent showing off recycled content

I understand what you're saying. But on the other hand, all food is recycled content in one sense, but I still love getting new recipes in every pack. All clothes are recycled content in a sense, but people anxiously await the CAS reveals. We already have chairs and tables and ovens and beds, etc., but that doesn't make me any less curious about what new styles we will get for each pack.

That's not to say I don't also want entirely brand new content. But I feel like this pack delivers on that pretty well. The chickens, cows, and llamas alone are completely new gameplay; it may not be gameplay that's interesting to you, but it is new.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »

ikwXHbo.png

I really think that they should have put a door on that shed that closes and open on its own kinda like how the doors work in the game.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm super happy about the Fox-B-Gone alarm, I don't necessarily want to be contending with foxes going at my chicken coops all the time so I'm glad we have an option for alarms to take care of that when they come around.... my sims are going to be way too busy with other things in this pack.

And I love how they nicknamed Henford on Bagley as "The HoB". A hob is also a British term for a countertop cooker (and also a stovetop in the counter), which is something we just got in the DHD game pack prior to this EP. So well played dev team, well played indeed! :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Maxis even teased cars in the trailer. There was a pickup truck parked on one of the lots.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Maxis even teased cars in the trailer. There was a pickup truck parked on one of the lots.

There is also a pickup on the soil field next to the large lot in Old New Henford (all to the left). Perhaps it was the same lot, I'll have to watch the trailer again a few more times tomorrow :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WispyeWispye Posts: 141 Member
    i can't wait so excited for this pack :)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I noticed in the trailer there is a Gazebo at the ruins area with a bench in it. I also saw a green arch there. Also the ruins are close to the river.
  • Options
    plutoplumbobplutoplumbob Posts: 47 Member
    > @AncientMuse said:
    > I'm super happy about the Fox-B-Gone alarm, I don't necessarily want to be contending with foxes going at my chicken coops all the time so I'm glad we have an option for alarms to take care of that when they come around.... my sims are going to be way too busy with other things in this pack.
    >
    > And I love how they nicknamed Henford on Bagley as "The HoB". A hob is also a British term for a countertop cooker (and also a stovetop in the counter), which is something we just got in the DHD game pack prior to this EP. So well played dev team, well played indeed! :D

The fox alarm is such a creative way of getting rid of an aspect you might not want while not having to completely get rid of foxes nor simply select an option in settings - really like that attention to detail. It'll also be a fun scare whenever the alarm goes off out of no where :D
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    > @AncientMuse said:
    > I'm super happy about the Fox-B-Gone alarm, I don't necessarily want to be contending with foxes going at my chicken coops all the time so I'm glad we have an option for alarms to take care of that when they come around.... my sims are going to be way too busy with other things in this pack.
    >
    > And I love how they nicknamed Henford on Bagley as "The HoB". A hob is also a British term for a countertop cooker (and also a stovetop in the counter), which is something we just got in the DHD game pack prior to this EP. So well played dev team, well played indeed! :D

The fox alarm is such a creative way of getting rid of an aspect you might not want while not having to completely get rid of foxes nor simply select an option in settings - really like that attention to detail. It'll also be a fun scare whenever the alarm goes off out of no where :D

Heh heh. I'm visualizing our sims getting woken up at 2am from the fox alarm, a half-sleepy sim stumbling down the stairs, and running outside chasing after the fox in their housecoat and slippers waving their fists in the air. :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I love the pub!!! Looks like we’ll be able to sit in and have food/drinks too!

Also, I hope that the guy in the pink shirt who owns the llama is going to be a townie. He’s cute!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Some things I've noticed in the trailer

These Bracelets

This new fountain with the chicken on top

The Green Bench matches the forest tree colors
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Some things I've noticed in the trailer

These Bracelets

This new fountain with the chicken on top

The Green Bench matches the forest tree colors

Good eye!! There are all delightful pieces that I will use constantly. I adore the style of Cottage Living. Can't wait to play this pack! :)