Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think it‘s a coincidence that CoL gets released the same day EA Play Live takes place?

dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
It‘s not TS4 like to announce a pack five weeks in advance. I personally think the Sims team have nothing to announce for EA Play Live so they decided to postpone CoL so they have at least something to show.

Iron Seagull speculates that they might announce TS5. It doesn’t make sense to me though. Farming is a highly requested and anticipated pack. Why overshadow it? It would make more sense to announce TS5 when they release a lackluster pack to distract from it.

Edit:
Iron Seagull‘s video
https://youtu.be/ONoO1yf9isY

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,418 Member
    They were recently hacked and hackers stole some source codes. Maybe that got them to reassess their strategies.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    It would make more sense to announce TS5 when they release a lackluster pack to distract from it.
    Which is why they announced Cottage Living, to distract from the backlash of the lackluster Dream Home Decorator.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    They could be announcing the next line up. I dont know about announcing a Sims 5 since I think they will have at least 1 more year to 2 years of Sims.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,418 Member
    JestTru wrote: »
    They could be announcing the next line up. I dont know about announcing a Sims 5 since I think they will have at least 1 more year to 2 years of Sims.

Maybe the next pack will be controversial. Or experimental.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,725 Member
    edited June 2021
    They moved the release date for Cottage Living to Thursday July 22nd (expansion packs usually release on Fridays) so it does sound like maybe they will announce something during EA Play and they didn't want that to overshadow the new pack. It's a bit odd to do that if they didn't have anything to announce unless they just wanted to say "Cottage Living is out now" but that's not much of an announcement.

Also, the offer for the three additional items for cottage living expires on September 2nd. The Sims4 was released on September 2nd, 2014 so that's their 7 year anniversary.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    It would make more sense to announce TS5 when they release a lackluster pack to distract from it.
    Which is why they announced Cottage Living, to distract from the backlash of the lackluster Dream Home Decorator.

@babajayne I agree. Once Dream Home Decorator was out and people started picking out bugs and oversights, they didn't wait at all to announce the new EP.
    Dream Home Decorator came out on the 1st of June and if I'm not mistaken CoL was announced just 10 days later. Why would they want to overshadow their own pack, that was getting hyped by the Game Changers still and announce a new one in just 10 days. Makes 0 sense.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe the next pack will be controversial. Or experimental.

I'm half expected The Sims 4: Exorcise Your Friend Stuff as the next pack lmao. EA's gonna shake the world in some way. And when they do cause the 506045604568576834527843rd controversy in Sims 4 history I'm going ot 1. get enraged and 2. laugh and laugh and laugh

But yeah I'm sure something will happen at EA Play Live, idk what though.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’ve just finished watching iron seagulls video and just seen this thread. I’ve been wondering similar why it’s being released on the day of ea play, being released on a Thursday and the very small time gap between the DHD pack and cottage living announcement. The timing is all a bit odd and I agree with what iron seagull said in his video I think sims 5 will be announced at ea play.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited June 2021
    Keep in mind iron seagull is full of speculation. He’s a pretty annoying gamechanger cause all he ever does is upload click bait titled videos full of speculation, Him and the other guy.

It’s possible they could announce TS5, but didn’t the sims manager Lyndsay(?) or something say they still have years of content for TS4?

Also for the talks about them revéaling it ahead of schedule cause of the hacking is a stretch. They were probably after the new battlefield game info than the sims.
    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-57431987
    They took code so they can make cheats for other online games. It wouldn’t affect sims as isn’t a “online” game
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I just saw a lot of wishful thinking in that video
    I mean he always gets on to people for seeing hints
    everywhere and now he's saying because they are releasing the pack
    on a Thursday instead of Friday it must mean something ?
    I doubt that I really do think there just gonna say the new pack is out
    though I would like a road map or a free baby update or cars
    I don't think we are gonna see anything
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I just saw a lot of wishful thinking in that video
    I mean he always gets on to people for seeing hints
    everywhere and now he's saying because they are releasing the pack
    on a Thursday instead of Friday it must mean something ?
    I doubt that I really do think there just gonna say the new pack is out
    though I would like a road map or a free baby update or cars
    I don't think we are gonna see anything

Speaking of roadmap. If they had something to announce at EA Play Live wouldn‘t they have put it in their Hot Sim Summer roadmap? It‘s in July afterall.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    yes I feel like they would have
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    What i often do with reckless speculation, put it to a side and ignore it. I'm not convinced of this users claim in their video based others comments here about a TS5 announcement simply because coincidence has provided an apparent opportunity to work in and a vehicle to drive along the agenda.

There is no good reason to announce TS5 before a TS4 pack because it will divide the community in their attention and it won't get the full attention it should and it runs the risk of the next pack not selling as well as it should. No, if it were a TS5 announcement it would be at least a week after the TS4 pack just so all the important sales are made and then the focus can be switched with the next pack something like 4 months away (when things are back to as they should be), that would be the window and on top of this it would put any potential release window in feb-mar 22 territory if TS5 were announced the end of july.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    I think at EA play they may announce cars or a generations pack.
  • Options
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

That would be a lot more plausible than this apparent announcement of TS5. It would also be a more welcome addition to the game.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    While it does seem somewhat suspect and out of the usual, I won't believe it is 5 until they tell us. Actually, even if they did announce five it could very well be a logo and radio silence for years. Not much to get excited about there. Certainly not the first or last time that has happened in the industry.

Anyway, going off of what we have Sims 4 has several more years left in it and while it is possible that they could be flat out lying (also not a first or last in the general industry) I personally do not feel that the evidence is strong enough to assume they are.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't think TS5 (or whatever they're calling it) will be announced this year.

Although, I'm personally interested and would be excited to learn more, if for no other reason than to know once and for all, that it's not gonna be for me. I am really interested in seeing the type of graphics and aesthetics they're going for (hair and eyelashes, especially, and if it will have the same thick and chunky, clunky low-poly look for the objects, trees and environment).

I guess announcing it this year is not really unrealistic tho. They could announce it with a release date way in the later part of 2022 or early 2023 and I feel that would be a realistic time frame, plus it would still adhere to the comment about TS4 having years and years of content left. (If you considered 2021 and 2022 as the "years").

And just because it's announced, doesn't mean that production of TS4 suddenly ceases. I'm assuming that TS5 is being developed by a different team than TS4, so TS4 would still be getting new content concurrently while they continue to work on TS5.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member

How is that plausible? Why would they announce generations or cars and overshadow the new Cottage Living EP? Sometimes I think people believe what they wanna believe.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I don't mind speculation, idk it's fun to me. I do think the timing of things with DHD and CoL lately seems very odd. But we've been living in odd times lately.

Also, I think an announcement of the next generation of The Sims would make sense even if it isn't coming out soon. Game companies do that often, it's actually part of being transparent with their audience. So even if TS5 isn't coming out for another 2 years, I wouldn't mind a public confirmation and announcement sometime this year.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,585 Member
    edited June 2021

I actually think that's possible.
    They already did it once in 2019 at EA Play (Island Living, Moschino Stuff Pack, Realm of Magic and a Pride Collaboration)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGZCH2v4Zsk&t=42s

They could very well also show off the Farm Pack in addition to offering a new line up. I mean the more there is going on with the Sims 4, the more player might be attracted to buy.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,988 Member
    edited June 2021

How is that plausible? Why would they announce generations or cars and overshadow the new Cottage Living EP? Sometimes I think people believe what they wanna believe.

Well, I assume we will be getting another Expansion this year, since we usually do before Christmas. I know many people (including myself ) want updated babies, a generations pack, and a cars pack, also a romance pack, it could be a romance GP too, or possible a werewolves GP coming, all of these things are highly wanted, by one person or another. If they are planning an EP or GP to come, and it is going to have several months of scrutiny, I would think it would be something highly wanted. But, I’m rarely right anyway, so who knows….. lol.

Those of us who want farming will probably also want all of these these other packs….. I know I will, so I don’t see how a pack 2-5 months down the line will over shadow it.
  • Options

i said it was a lot more plausible compared to the idea of ts5 , i didn't state it was certain in any way shape or form.
  • Options
    Hoverael wrote: »

i said it was a lot more plausible compared to the idea of ts5 , i didn't state it was certain in any way shape or form.

Cars actually sound plausible to me as they would most likely come in a free patch. It wouldn’t hurt the sales of CoL.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    It‘s not TS4 like to announce a pack five weeks in advance. I personally think the Sims team have nothing to announce for EA Play Live so they decided to postpone CoL so they have at least something to show.

Iron Seagull speculates that they might announce TS5. It doesn’t make sense to me though. Farming is a highly requested and anticipated pack. Why overshadow it? It would make more sense to announce TS5 when they release a lackluster pack to distract from it.

Well they completely ignored all the bugs in dream home decorator to announce a pack the exact same week soo... Expect more broken content with the possibility of a new announcement to distract from it ;)
  • Options
    BatmanFanGirlBatmanFanGirl Posts: 1,298 Member
    edited June 2021
    @SelinaKyles I love Julian and his videos. Especially his speculation videos. Julian is also a very honest game changer. I don't think he makes videos to get clicks he just posts videos on stuff that he ponders.
    heartstopper-couple.gif