Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A pet peeve of mine

Montrase102Montrase102 Posts: 330 Member
Just wanted to vent. I have a pet peeve of being annoyed when I see the curser in the password field in Origin and type out my password, then realize it doesn't type out into he field unless I click into the field, even though the cursor was there in the beginning. There! It's out of my system. I am just an old Gen Xers who is password fatigued lol. If anyone else has a similar pet peeve feel free to express, I won't judge :) I do want to add that I feel grateful that in general the simmer community is very supportive. Thank you all!

Comments

• Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    Gen X here, too. Passwords! BAH! :D

...and yeah, I feel you on that whole Origin password field issue. That one gets me, too. Accidentally IM'd my password to a friend the other day, actually, because the blinking cursor in the Origin sign on screen made me think that's where the active cursor was... :/

My friend was SO confused, too. :D
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Gen X here, too. Passwords! BAH! :D

...and yeah, I feel you on that whole Origin password field issue. That one gets me, too. Accidentally IM'd my password to a friend the other day, actually, because the blinking cursor in the Origin sign on screen made me think that's where the active cursor was... :/

My friend was SO confused, too. :D

believe me I can relate lol!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Baby boomer here, and I feel the same way about the field thing, and the need for a password in general. Even when game is not internet connected. My # 1 peeve (apart from the bugs and glitches) is that screenshots are not tied to households but dumped into a general pile.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Oh vent away! The Sims community is the perfect sounding board! I don't use Origin but have experienced that problem on other websites!

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Just wanted to vent. I have a pet peeve of being annoyed when I see the curser in the password field in Origin and type out my password, then realize it doesn't type out into he field unless I click into the field, even though the cursor was there in the beginning. There! It's out of my system. I am just an old Gen Xers who is password fatigued lol. If anyone else has a similar pet peeve feel free to express, I won't judge :) I do want to add that I feel grateful that in general the simmer community is very supportive. Thank you all!
    I thought it was something I was doing! The cursor is there at the start as well but somehow I’m typing in another program and I’m like... wait what?
    It’s so annoying. Thanks for posting. 😎

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I do like the "Show" option for passwords on login. I have an old keyboard, and not every key stroke registers. I also need to see that I have remembered my raNdom caPitaL letters in the right spots.

I have thankfully gotten used to placing my cursor manually.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    edited June 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I do like the "Show" option for passwords on login. I have an old keyboard, and not every key stroke registers. I also need to see that I have remembered my raNdom caPitaL letters in the right spots.

I have thankfully gotten used to placing my cursor manually.

I like to "show" my password too, but I can't blame my keyboard, I've nearly gotten myself locked out of many accounts. :disappointed:
    Post edited by GirlFromIpanema on
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    I'm a Baby Boomer, once the largest demographic, but has now given way to a much younger Gen. Oh, well. Couldn't keep the title forever, right? I get annoyed over having to click more than once in order to start typing. Don't know if it's me, lately, not pressing on the keys hard enough, or what it is. Oi!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Baby boomer here, and I feel the same way about the field thing, and the need for a password in general. Even when game is not internet connected. My # 1 peeve (apart from the bugs and glitches) is that screenshots are not tied to households but dumped into a general pile.

Yes! This too. I don't understand how the snapshots are organized.
    I like baby boomers. My siblings are baby boomers. Yeah I was born pretty late. My sister hated going out with me because people thought I was her son lol