Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Facts Thread

Comments

• Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    Wow, I was sure they were hinting at fairies.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    Wow, I was sure they were hinting at fairies.

I am almost certain that fairies are in either the next game or expansion pack! There truly have been tons of fairy clues!
  • Options
    OutlawWomanOutlawWoman Posts: 156 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Does anyone know - what is the significance of the Crumplebottoms being immortal?

No idea, but I would prefer her to be mortal. I won't care to play her if she is meant to be around forever. Maybe there is a hidden trait that some other sim can earn from Agnes, bringing the grumpiness along to new generations and other worlds?

My concern is that, if I create a Cornelia Goth, would I be able to make her Agnes' sister as per lore? I ask this as currently, most if not all special sims are mortal and get a randomly generated replacement.

For example, when Clement Frost dies, they'll be a new Father Winter. You can change his appearance somewhat, but you cannot for example, make him a wife, or change him to a Mother Winter (gosh darnnit, there are so many fun outfits for women I wanted to give Clementine Frost, like that party santa dress for clubbing, and those candy cane tights for athleticwear) as the game will no longer recognize him as Father Winter and generate a new one.

Are the Crumplebottoms a household, and can I make her Cornelia Goth's sister and Mortimer's aunt?

You could add the Crumplebottoms to the Goth household, then create Cornelia, making her sister to Agnes, cousin to Agatha, mother to Mortimer, grandmother to the Goth kids, etc. then move everyone back out.

I did that when I added the Bustin' Out Landgraabs to my game from the Maxis Gallery. (I went outside of canon, but I have aging off, and wanted everyone. :lol:) Anyway, I merged the B.O. Landgraabs, the Oasis Springs Landgraabs, and Johnny Zest to make everyone related, then divided the households again. It's a little bit of a pain, but it's not too bad, you could try something like that.
  • Options
    ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member
    Thetford wrote: »
    Kironide wrote: »
    Does anyone know - what is the significance of the Crumplebottoms being immortal?

No idea, but I would prefer her to be mortal. I won't care to play her if she is meant to be around forever. Maybe there is a hidden trait that some other sim can earn from Agnes, bringing the grumpiness along to new generations and other worlds?

My concern is that, if I create a Cornelia Goth, would I be able to make her Agnes' sister as per lore? I ask this as currently, most if not all special sims are mortal and get a randomly generated replacement.

For example, when Clement Frost dies, they'll be a new Father Winter. You can change his appearance somewhat, but you cannot for example, make him a wife, or change him to a Mother Winter (gosh darnnit, there are so many fun outfits for women I wanted to give Clementine Frost, like that party santa dress for clubbing, and those candy cane tights for athleticwear) as the game will no longer recognize him as Father Winter and generate a new one.

Are the Crumplebottoms a household, and can I make her Cornelia Goth's sister and Mortimer's aunt?

You could add the Crumplebottoms to the Goth household, then create Cornelia, making her sister to Agnes, cousin to Agatha, mother to Mortimer, grandmother to the Goth kids, etc. then move everyone back out.

I did that when I added the Bustin' Out Landgraabs to my game from the Maxis Gallery. (I went outside of canon, but I have aging off, and wanted everyone. :lol:) Anyway, I merged the B.O. Landgraabs, the Oasis Springs Landgraabs, and Johnny Zest to make everyone related, then divided the households again. It's a little bit of a pain, but it's not too bad, you could try something like that.

I know how to do it, I've added relatives before, I'm wondering if adding her to a household will cause her to lose her "Miss Crumplebottom" status, like how Clement Frost can lose his "Father Winter" status, or if she is a truly immortal sim who will fulfill a specific named role, like Grim, will her household not even appear in household management like how Grim doesn't show up there.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I wonder if they would release some images of Henford-On Bagley in winter, spring and fall. The world looks really beautiful and I imagine that it looks that way in all four seasons. I really would like to see Henford-On Bagley in the other three seasons instead of just summer.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2021
    Has anyone been able to identify any more of the new recipes that are coming with this EP? I am always really interested in the recipes because I think the Sims 4 is now doing food very well (just look at all the amazing variety). The blog mentions two popular English dishes by name, Beef Wellington and Yorkshire Pudding, as new recipes (so I think these are definitely confirmed). At another point, in connection with Agnes Crumplebottom, there's a mention of crumpets. I do hope we get those as well.

In the trailer, at about 1:27, three sims in front of the new pub appear to be eating what looks to me like Shepherd's Pie, Toad-in-a-whole, and (possibly, I can't quite tell) a serving of Beef Wellington. In another promotional image, which is up on the Sims Community website, there is a mother serving a dish of what looks like some kind of berry crumble, and a little girl eating what looks like to me an English breakfast of Bangers and Mash. On the table are serving dishes with Beef Wellington (a full group meal size) and more Bangers and Mash. There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes on top). Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

I am also thrilled that there will be canning, although I hope it will include more normal jams and jellies than eggplant, like cherry, strawberry, blackberry and grape, lemon marmalade, apple butter or jelly, pomegranate and pineapple etc.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited June 2021
    Has anyone been able to identify any more of the new recipes that are coming with this EP? I am always really interested in the recipes because I think the Sims 4 is now doing food very well (just look at all the amazing variety). The blog mentions two popular English dishes by name, Beef Wellington and Yorkshire Pudding, as new recipes (so I think these are definitely confirmed). At another point, in connection with Agnes Crumplebottom, there's a mention of crumpets. I do hope we get those as well.

In the trailer, at about 1:27, three sims in front of the new pub appear to be eating what looks to me like Shepherd's Pie, Toad-in-a-whole, and (possibly, I can't quite tell) a serving of Beef Wellington. In another promotional image, which is up on the Sims Community website, there is a mother serving a dish of what looks like some kind of berry crumble, and a little girl eating what looks like to me an English breakfast of Bangers and Mash. On the table are serving dishes with Beef Wellington (a full group meal size) and more Bangers and Mash. There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes) on top. Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

I am also thrilled that there will be canning, although I hope it will include more normal jams and jellies than eggplant, like cherry, strawberry, blackberry and grape, lemon marmalade, apple butter or jelly, pomegranate and pineapple etc.

I do know that we'll be able to order or buy various milk types so far chocolate has been mentioned but you can also expect strawberry and regular milk and possibly vanellia milk. With the rainbow cows we may get a combo flavor milk like sherbert. That's going to be interesting. They've also mentioned will be able to buy chicken from the store or order it.
  • Options

In the trailer, at about 1:27, three sims in front of the new pub appear to be eating what looks to me like Shepherd's Pie, Toad-in-a-whole, and (possibly, I can't quite tell) a serving of Beef Wellington. In another promotional image, which is up on the Sims Community website, there is a mother serving a dish of what looks like some kind of berry crumble, and a little girl eating what looks like to me an English breakfast of Bangers and Mash. On the table are serving dishes with Beef Wellington (a full group meal size) and more Bangers and Mash. There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes) on top. Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

I do know that we'll be able to order or buy various milk types so far chocolate has been mentioned but you can also expect strawberry and regular milk and possibly vanellia milk. With the rainbow cows we may get a combo flavor milk like sherbert. That's going to be interesting. They've also mentioned will be able to buy chicken from the store or order it.

I forgot about the flavoured milks, so thank you for reminding me. You're right that there was a mention of chocolate milk. It makes sense we would also get strawberry, and perhaps banana (with plantains) or blackberry or grape sherbert, etc. I wonder if we will get any new harvestables for the normal garden? There are lots of wonderful fruits native to the UK, like currants, raspberries and plums, that I would really like to have in the game.
  • Options
    They did mention that you will be able to go out into the wild and harvest chocoberries to make chocolate milk with. And milk bread was mentioned as well. Plus pumpkins, eggplants, and watermelons were shown in the trailer. So I imagine that there'll be recipes with those in them in there as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    sunman502 wrote: »
    They did mention that you will be able to go out into the wild and harvest chocoberries to make chocolate milk with. And milk bread was mentioned as well. Plus pumpkins, eggplants, and watermelons were shown in the trailer. So I imagine that there'll be recipes with those in them in there as well.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Milk Bread? Bread made with milk? Or soaked in milk and then cooked, like French Toast? I hope we get Pumpkin Pie. The blog did mention pies were among the products that could be judged, so maybe we will get some new types of pie. English pies are very decadent and sweet in my experience (custard pie, shoefly, banoffee pie, mince pie, treacle tart, bakewell tart -- which is basically just icing baked in a shell -- G ypsy tart, butter tart and many more). All of them are delicious of course, but very, very sweet.
  • Options

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Milk Bread? Bread made with milk? Or soaked in milk and then cooked, like French Toast? I hope we get Pumpkin Pie. The blog did mention pies were among the products that could be judged, so maybe we will get some new types of pie. English pies are very decadent and sweet in my experience (custard pie, shoefly, banoffee pie, mince pie, treacle tart, bakewell tart -- which is basically just icing baked in a shell -- ❤️❤️❤️❤️ tart, butter tart and many more). All of them are delicious of course, but very, very sweet.
    I have no idea as to what they meant by milk bread. I was wondering that my self when they said that. I believe it was when they were talking about children helping out with group cooking when they mentioned milk bread.
    This leads me to wondering about eggs. Now that sims can raise chickens in the game in CL. Basically every recipe in the game, the sim can use what ever fruit or veggie that they grow in their garden. I wonder if this same cooking system now extends to eggs too, in what ever recipes that have eggs in them.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This was spotted in the trailer. A telephone booth but it's probably not useable.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I’ve never heard of milk bread but bread pudding is very popular in the uk it’s bread baked in milk, egg and raisins. Maybe the milk bread in the game similar to this. I googled milk bread and it’s a Japanese type of bread which wouldn’t fit for this pack.
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Milk Bread? Bread made with milk? Or soaked in milk and then cooked, like French Toast? I hope we get Pumpkin Pie. The blog did mention pies were among the products that could be judged, so maybe we will get some new types of pie. English pies are very decadent and sweet in my experience (custard pie, shoefly, banoffee pie, mince pie, treacle tart, bakewell tart -- which is basically just icing baked in a shell -- G ypsy tart, butter tart and many more). All of them are delicious of course, but very, very sweet.

My mind goes immediately to Japanese milk bread. It's a soft bread made with more milk than usual bread loaves. Maybe we'll be able to slice the loaf and use the slices to make sandwiches.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options

In the trailer, at about 1:27, three sims in front of the new pub appear to be eating what looks to me like Shepherd's Pie, Toad-in-a-whole, and (possibly, I can't quite tell) a serving of Beef Wellington. In another promotional image, which is up on the Sims Community website, there is a mother serving a dish of what looks like some kind of berry crumble, and a little girl eating what looks like to me an English breakfast of Bangers and Mash. On the table are serving dishes with Beef Wellington (a full group meal size) and more Bangers and Mash. There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes on top). Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

I remember people on Twitter just assuming that that's meant to be canned aubergine not a jam, but I don't remember that theory being confirmed by a dev. Cool idea for having produce available out of season. But it's not like vegetables rot in our fridges in the game anyway though. haha I guess if people want to be more authentic, they can NOT horde produce in their fridges and go that route. So that's cool.
  • Options
    Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member

I remember people on Twitter just assuming that that's meant to be canned aubergine not a jam, but I don't remember that theory being confirmed by a dev. Cool idea for having produce available out of season. But it's not like vegetables rot in our fridges in the game anyway though. haha I guess if people want to be more authentic, they can NOT horde produce in their fridges and go that route. So that's cool.

I think it would be very cool if produce could rot in storage, giving incentive to preserve it. Not all people would like this though, so it might be best to tie it to a lot trait or one of those lot challenges they talked about (ex. the foxes stealing chickens is a lot challenge). I'm very excited for the Simple Living lot trait that require that all ingredients needed for recipes are in the fridge/inventory to cook them.

I'm hoping a patch will make it possible to store produce, jams etc. in chests as well. Fresh produce would spoil more quickly in chests, but that gives more incentive for preserving. I would love chest food storage since I like playing historical and survival saves with as little as possible or no electronics, so a fridge doesn't cut it. Adding farm animals to the mix is something I've been wanting for years, so I'm very excited for the pack.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2021

if it's a purple something in a jar then it's maybe it's Plum Jam, which is delicious.
    Milk loaf is indeed similar to the Japanese variety, in that it contains quite a lot of milk. It's often also completely round!
  • Options
    AmeliaToddAmeliaTodd Posts: 226 Member

Actually Eggplant jam is a thing, you can even find many recipes on google.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Sims Community condensed all the info from Romeo's Tweets. https://simscommunity.info/2021/06/10/the-sims-4-cottage-living-animals-and-gameplay-qa/ I'll paste the text below.

SimGuruRomeo went on Twitter to answer PLENTY of questions regarding the newly-announced Expansion Pack – The Sims 4 Cottage Living!

Down below we’ve listed all the important information shared during this Twitter Q&A session including new info about Create A Sim, Animals, Gameplay and World. Check it out!

CAS
    We are adding a good variety of male clothing for this pack.

Animals
    Cows, Llamas, and Chickens will not take up a household slot. You will be able to place an Animal Shed and purchase either a cow or llama for the shed. You will also be able to purchase a chicken coop and have up to 8 chickens per coop.
    Bunnies and Birds can be found out in the wild. As you befriend these cuddly creatures you can purchase a rabbit or bird home for your lot to have them show up more often. They can also help out in the garden! These animals will also not take up a slot in your household.
    Each shed will house a single cow or llama. But we intentionally did not build fences around the sheds, so you can place a couple sheds, in a fenced off area, next to each other and have a mini pasture of cows if you wanted.
    You will be able to build relationship and name the rabbits, so they will hang around your lot a lot. It is almost like having them as a pet, without having to cage them. They are free spirits.
    Once you befriend them you can place their home on any lot, but initially you will only find them in the new world.
    Animals will eventually die of old age, but there are ways to keep them alive forever if you choose.
    You can give names to animals.
    There will be a lot more info around animal clothing soon, but animals will not do it [picking their clothes] autonomously. Have you ever seen a rabbit knit their own sweater?
    All the wild animals in this pack will have relationships with your Sims, through a brand new gifting system.
    [The new foxes] are true wild foxes, you will not be able to add them to your household like you can in Cats & Dogs.
    We actually created all new animations for the fox. They will skulk about your lot and act more fox like. They also will get into your chicken coop.
    Cows and Llamas will stay near their sheds, but they have a generous area for them to roam around in.
    You will be able to negate the simolean cost for all knitting items by using Llama Wool.
    Bunnies are not pets that you have to feed and constantly care for. They are pretty self sufficient. You can place their homes on your lot, assuming you have enough relationship with them. They will come and go as they please.
    You will only be able to breed Chickens.

Gameplay
    We actually tied Canning to the cooking skill, but we do have a new skill coming in the pack. More info to come soon.
    You will be able to pack your picnic basket and bring it to some very scenic locations in Henford-On Bagley. Once placed on a table you will be able to set up a picnic with a single interaction off the basket.
    You can put the picnic basket in your Sims inventory, and enjoy a picnic on any table, and in any world.
    We added a handful of new recipes to this pack to fit the cottage theme. Milk Bread is one of them. We added the ability to cook with a group of Sims. So, kids will not cook on their own but they can help their parents to make it a family activity!
    We also added some additional things to children. More info to come.
    We created a new “Lot Challenge” system, more info on that soon. All the lots in the new world will start with the “Wild Fox” challenge enabled. If you don’t want foxes to pester you, you will be able to disable that challenge, but who doesn’t want a cute cuddly fox hanging out?
    We do not have a traditional career in the sense, but Sims can absolutely make a living raising and caring for their animals and new giant produce. There is also a system that we will talk about soon, called Village Errands. The locals will have lots for your Sims to do!
    You will be able to purchase beef, chicken, and other ingredients from the local shop in town, or order it through the new Grocery Deliver service.
    I am excited about the new deathS for this pack. More info soon. Also we do have a new woohoo spot =D

World
    Henford-on-Bagley comes with 3 neighborhoods with 4 lots each.
    There is 1 64×64 in the countryside neighborhood. That is where we have our largest lots.

Ahhh man this pack sounds so perfect 😍
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I really can't wait to have my vet spellcaster Jill move to Henford. She'll train her dogs, have a llama, 3 cows, chickens, befriend all the wild animals, go grocery shopping, treat the local cats and dogs when they get sick, use her magic to keep the house clean, find a husband who loves to farm his own crops and go foraging with her. This pack is soooo in tune with my playstyle. I really really needed this after all the somewhat - for me - lackluster additions of the last year <3
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »

if it's a purple something in a jar then it's maybe it's Plum Jam, which is delicious.
    Milk loaf is indeed similar to the Japanese variety, in that it contains quite a lot of milk. It's often also completely round!

It's from this Tweet, it's on the table. There is a picture of an aubergine/eggplant on the jar. That's what people were talking about.

• Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Maybe instead of eggplant jam it's a spread like baba ganoush.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Maybe instead of eggplant jam it's a spread like baba ganoush.
    Hmmmm... I bet they never heard of that in the Cotswolds 😆😆😆
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    There is also a jar of what looks like Aubergine Preserve (is that a thing?) in front and a third dish I can't identify (of red stacked layers with something white, possibly cheese or mashed potatoes on top). Someone said it might be Eggplant or Vegetable Lasagna, but that doesn't strike me as a very English dish. Does anyone know what it is?

To me it looks like moussaka but that is not very English either.