Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm convinced the Sims Team doesn't like Occult Sims...

I was looking at this site:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Life_state

And just wow! The Sims 4 has been out for what 7 years now and it still has the least amount of Occults sims compared to the other series.

Comments

• Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    It sucks, but we'll get them eventually. Who knows, maybe they'll even be done well... :D
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    It sucks, but we'll get them eventually. Who knows, maybe they'll even be done well... :D

I hope so. I know it's only the start of Summer so hopefully something comes this Fall for them. :)
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Amj1995 wrote: »
    I was looking at this site:

https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Life_state

And just wow! The Sims 4 has been out for what 7 years now and it still has the least amount of Occults sims compared to the other series.

The difference is quite striking, especially compared to Sims 3 and the Servo, which is counted in the list, isn't even a supernatural.
  • Options
    BitterBubblyBitterBubbly Posts: 70 Member
    I feel the same way, honestly. I'm a big occult player (because I play this game to ESCAPE from reality) and would love to see more occults get added, especially werewolves. I have a storyline and family that I originally created in Sims 2 and recreated in both Sims 3 AND 4 that needs werewolves as an integral part of the plot and family history. My Sims 4 version of this family has been sitting in my library for ages waiting for werewolves to get added to the game so I can put them into play.

I'd like to have fairies, too, but werewolves are at the top of my wish list for occults.

I think the occult life states we've gotten in 4 so far have been well done (especially the spellcasters and vampires) but I do wish they'd add some of the occult life states we had in previous games to 4, too. I miss them terribly.
  • Options
    Totally agree @BitterBubbly. I miss them too.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    I personally don't like to play with occult Sims, but I know a lot of players love them, so I keep my fingers crossed for more for you. :blush:
  • Options
    Doesnt help whenever we get a scrap of occult anything, here comes the realism-only crowd out in full force demanding that occult presence be nerfed to nothing and anyone who actually enjoyed occult content has to shut up and take it. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get one more occult pack before Sims 5.

I have a feeling fairies are coming soon. Personally, I'd like a werewolf.

What other occults do people think are missing?
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    They did a microfone drop with Vampires just to prove they could if they wanted to, and never looked back.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    Ok, I looked at that wiki page and I forgot all the old ones we used to have. Zombies and Mummies would be so cool!
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I would be curious how well the occult packs sell. I am sure that plays into whether or not they create the packs.
  • Options
    It can be a little misleading here on the forums, because our realism only players are quite vocal, but remember Vampires was the second most popular game pack and Spellcasters also did well. I think Faeries and Werewolves are still possible, but Zombies and Mummies are much less likely.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I don't mind them adding occults into the game for the folks who want them. I just wish they could make an option in Settings like we used to have in TS3 to disable them if we want to. I find the fact that they haven't made that option yet troubling.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    If we can get at least one Werewolf game pack and have Faeries as either an expansion pack side attraction or its own game pack as well, then I'll be content. I wish we could have a new occult with every EP like we did in previous games (and still have them be fleshed out), but I've just lowered my expectations at this point. If I have to pick just one last occult to have before they drop this game for Sims 5, I'd pick Werewolves. I could at least role-play a Spellcaster as a Faerie with some added cc. Werewolves I need a pack for.

But, at least we got Paranormal Stuff this year, and it has more gameplay than Dream Home Decorator. So I've been appeased for the time being. Hopefully we can get something else occult-related this October~
  • Options
    Sheepiling wrote: »
    If we can get at least one Werewolf game pack and have Faeries as either an expansion pack side attraction or its own game pack as well, then I'll be content. I wish we could have a new occult with every EP like we did in previous games (and still have them be fleshed out), but I've just lowered my expectations at this point. If I have to pick just one last occult to have before they drop this game for Sims 5, I'd pick Werewolves. I could at least role-play a Spellcaster as a Faerie with some added cc. Werewolves I need a pack for.

But, at least we got Paranormal Stuff this year, and it has more gameplay than Dream Home Decorator. So I've been appeased for the time being. Hopefully we can get something else occult-related this October~

Paranormal far exceeded my expectations for a stuff pack. It was a really good addition, but I wish they would improve the existing ghosts at some point.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    The idea of doing the supernatural occults as gps was good at first, but not when they're doing them as slow as humanely possible... 7 years in and we have.. 2.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    The idea of doing the supernatural occults as gps was good at first, but not when they're doing them as slow as humanely possible... 7 years in and we have.. 2.

Yeah, I worry that supernatural will count for this round of the approximate two year cycle of supernatural additions.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Personally, I like the Game Pack treatment for Occult lifestates in TS4. I can have my Spellcasters and not be bothered with Vampires (which frankly do not interest me at all). I am happy to wait on Werewolves or Fairies if it means they get a dedicated pack to develop them distinctly. Things take time. I can be patient. Folks have apparently wanted a farm for a while.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I am hoping they will announce werewolves in the Fall...
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    I don't think occults are the only thing feeling neglected. It seems they have a tendency with 4 to pick an extremely specific theme and then adhere as precisely to that theme as possible. So, like, making Vampires an entire game pack, for example; they are the whole focus of the pack. Same with Parenthood. So it means less coverage of themes in the same amount of time I think. Wouldn't be surprised if it's a cynical moneymaking strategy, in that by covering themes more slowly, they stretch out how long the game feels like stuff is missing for players who have long followed the series.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I would like fairies and werewolves to come. But I didn’t buy Vampires, RoM, or Paranormal Stuff. With occults, there are certain ones I like, so it’s cool that they come separately.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Simtanium wrote: »
    Doesnt help whenever we get a scrap of occult anything, here comes the realism-only crowd out in full force demanding that occult presence be nerfed to nothing and anyone who actually enjoyed occult content has to shut up and take it. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get one more occult pack before Sims 5.

I have a feeling fairies are coming soon. Personally, I'd like a werewolf.

What other occults do people think are missing?

Gennies and Zombies are the other occults that are missing (on top of werewolves and Fairies obvs)
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Personally, I like the Game Pack treatment for Occult lifestates in TS4. I can have my Spellcasters and not be bothered with Vampires (which frankly do not interest me at all). I am happy to wait on Werewolves or Fairies if it means they get a dedicated pack to develop them distinctly. Things take time. I can be patient. Folks have apparently wanted a farm for a while.

See I like this too, and it is the ultimate toggle. Don't want vampires in your game?? Don't buy the pack, which means you'll have to miss out on the BB/CaS items, but hey, tough cookies. It's what people have been doing in The Sims for years, don't like a theme? Don't buy it. simple.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yeah, the overall Occult presence has really been getting shafted. In the beginning of Sims 4, a rep from Maxis actually tried to say that Supernaturals weren't a staple of The Sims. Um, hello? Sims 1 had an entire pack called Makin' Magic and had a lot of quirky supernatural stuff. But it had me thinking that they had never intended to go the Occult route in the beginning. I mean, are you going to tell me that spas are a staple? Because we got that pack before we got Vampires. It could be argued that anything not in Sims 1 isn't a staple, which is just silly.

I honestly feel like most of the Occults we have are excellent, for what they are. But the Plant Sims...my god. They're so lame. It's like they were thrown to the interns, worked on for an hour, and tossed in as is. The Spellcasters should most definitely have been an EP with extensive magic, expanded effects and paths, and more interactable Familiars, but I still adore them. And the Mermaids should have had an underwater lot with some sea-themed furniture. I don't think they need too many more powers except maybe communicating with the fish in the game and being able to name them and keep them as pets. I just don't see Mermaids as beings with an exorbitant amount of power. But, again, I really love them.
    Paranormal was awesome except I don't understand why we didn't get a Ghost overhaul so we can create them in CAS and play them and have them be more... "ghost-like". I still want to see that happen.

As for new Occults, Werewolves are at the top for me. I would love Fairies too, but I want them to have more of an edge to them and have some of the Unseelie elements. Genies have been a Thing since at least Sims 2 so where are they? They wouldn't have to be on the scale of the others. And what about Zombies? In Sims 2, if you tried to raise a Sim from the dead there was a potential botch where the Sim would come back as a Zombie. I don't think we need the plant-eating variety of Sims 3 but maybe a new twist on them. I wish they'd come with Realm of Magic with some Necromancy magic. Such a missed opportunity. I'd also like to see some Mummies. Even if they're tied to the sarcophagus, I just want them to scare the bejeesus out of my Sims. And I also really want some new mythical beasts and beings. Dragons? Yes. Sphinx? Yes. Goblins, Elves, Hippogriffs, Faery Dragons, Dryads (maybe they can be the new and improved plant Sims?) Wraiths, Changelings, Kitsune... Yes, yes, yes!

It's great that we get some little extra tidbits here and there, but I really want to see some new playable Occults. The Sims 4 art style and quirkiness is so perfect for fantasy stuff that it just kills me to have to sit back and wait and guess and hope for the best. I really, really hope there's more in the future for our little beloved nightmares and fantasticals. *Sigh*
    #Team Occult