Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Eeeeeeek!
    this looks so darn awesome, so many new animals and most of all BUNNIES! free roaming, livin in treestumps (and not cages) in all kinds of colors!!!!! I....I am so effin happy! SO HAPPPYYYYYY!!! <3
    Also the world looks beautiful, the new BB is right up my alley, so fairytale-ish cozy....charming indeed.
    Reminds me of stardew valley, which is a huge plus, I adore that game.
    Guess Agnes Crumplebutt will soon meet Agnes Valravn (my notorious witch in my avatar) ;)
    I love it, I cant wait...havent been this excited since RoM, not even Paranormal got me this excited....EEEEEEK!!!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member

So 10 game changer built lots, plus maybe some extra empty ones? That doesn't seem very big to me at all? Hopefully I'm wrong, I was hoping for at least 14 lots or so.

I would hope that would mean 10 gamechanger lots, at least a couple of EA-created lots, and at least 2 empty lots. (Really, I would hope for at least 3-4 empty lots, but my point is that it would still be pretty easy to get to 14+.)
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    edited June 2021
    The new clothes and build items with animals are also really cute. I saw some books with wooden bunny bookends in the picture on the official blog.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    It looks like kids can sew? Or whatever that thing the girl was holding was

that was a embroidery hoop @PlayerSinger2010
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    I'm not crazy about the new world (so far) Because every new pack I look for ways to add to my apocalypse 😈 I'll probably use as a vacation world and that's too pretty!! But I'm stoked for everything else!! I do a lot of off the grid play because no electricity in the apocalypse of course lol.
    So I can use these animals for resources. The animations are just so darn adorable too😍😍

You guys think kids can cook alongside parents? I noticed they cooking side by side!

Pond tool anyone?! 👀
    And best of all they did not 👏forget👏 the👏 little children!👏

3 cheers for Agnes!!
    I read we can get grocery deliveries. And find coco or something in the woods for chocolate milk.

Still kinda dissapointed there are no horses but maybe next time!!😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    MRS. CRUMPLEBOTTOM! And for the fact we can now have chickens, rabbits, I saw two cows and we can sheer the Llama (as one would a sheep). Eggs, a Child Sim at least learning how to cook, certainly she was participating in cooking. And it appears we're getting a new neighborhood World. Once I saw Mrs. Crumplebottom, I got all misty-eyed. I don't think I realized just how much I missed that NPC. She was a hoot in Sims2. I think I understand, now, why I have not been inclined to play my ancestral game save. In some ways, it's as if I have been waiting. I do have a cow in my game thanks to a mod, but I would much rather certain things be 'baked' into the game itself. I will keep the cc harvestable crops, however. So excited! I'm a tad confused though, SimsVIP, suggested a July release, but then also said June 22nd. :O Either way, I'm excited.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Cottagecore, Crumplebottom, Animals.

I'm freaking out oh my God this is like the first panic attack Ive had that was GOOD!

I LOVE THIS PACK WHY DOES IT HAVE TO COME OUT SO LATE IN JULYYYYY
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Congrats to everyone who wanted this! :) As this is a positivity thread, I'll only say this about my personal opinions: I've never wished for a pack related to farming, so it's actually impossible for me to be disappointed by this one. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I’m in heaven! Waiting till the 22nd of July is going to be torture. It looks so incredible.

My youngest son is getting remarried in July, so my wait won't be as difficult. I'll be very occupied, as it were. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I'm OK without horses, y'all! Don't even worry about it, we'll get em' with a game pack that has horses in it
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    It looks amazing. I love the style, world, the farming, animals, house style, objects. It seems to have much gameplay activities to do, and new build options :)
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    I'm so excited about this pack already. I was never one of those fans who demanded a Farming pack but just seeing it in a trailer makes me so happy.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I didn't want farming, but I'm stunned. It looks like such a heartwarming pack! I really want horses, but will rather have them in a separate GP.
  • Options
    PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member

Yes! We're finally getting a pond tool! 🙌
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    edited June 2021
    I am so excited for this. I love the animals, the build buy is right up my alley and this pack will go great with Realm Of Magic so I have everything I could ask for. I'm also stoked for grocery deliveries and the farming aspect!
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    edited June 2021
    I thought expansion packs were aleays released on fridays? July 22 is a thursday; unless they're going by timezone (midnight in Australia would still be thurs for the rest of the world for varying times)?

Edit: either way I'm taking the 22nd off & I already have fridays off, so a nice long weekend to play 😃.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I also think that horses will be a future game pack since if there are already big animals like llamas and cows I don't see why they would not include horses later :)

Yep, I definitely could see horses as a gamepack :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    So how many times have you watched the trailer? :p

5 times. I was checking if children could help with gardening too, at least help watering the plants, like I did when I was a child, but unfortunately no sign of it.

On one of the screengrabs I saw a toddler holding a trowel, and in the EA page description I think it said they can. https://simscommunity.info/2021/06/10/the-sims-4-cottage-living-4-official-screens/ and https://ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/news/cottage-living-reveal
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I just... the thing to me that makes a truly great expansion pack is that it adds a great new world with a strong theme but also has features that I will use widely in all my other worlds. This might be the best example of that we've ever had in TS4.

For comparison, Seasons had a great new system with features that I use everywhere, but it didn't come with its own world. Sulani, on the other hand, was a gorgeous world and I play in it all the time, but since it limited open water swimming to that world, I consider most if not all of its features to be very pack-locked.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory.

I'm so looking forward to this feature.
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I sort of hope rabbits wearing jumpers are optional. I don't tend to dress up my animals. but otherwise it looks interesting. Also looks like more skills for kids. That girl was for sure cooking with mom and cross stitching.

It was, there were rabbits in tons of scenes, and most of them weren't wearing jumpers (sweaters for us non-Brits). In the llama shaving scene you can see a calico rabbit who's unclothed.
  • Options
    SimtaniumSimtanium Posts: 256 Member
    edited June 2021
    From the blog:
    There’s way more to this provincial life than you might expect. It’s a small town, but the Sims who live here have plenty to flap their lips about. Have a Henford heart-to-heart with the pub owners at The Gnome’s Arms or the Sim running the grocery stall for some wild stories and gossip. If you’re feeling brave, you might even approach the Crumplebottoms’ garden booth for some advice. (Just remember: Agatha is the friendly one, Agnes is the grumpy one, but they both love crumpets.) Sometimes the locals need a bit of help, too. If you’re up for it, running a few errands for them might yield some interesting presents.

Every week, the Finchwick Fair blows through the village, attracting all sorts of Sims. The mayor judges the rotating competition entries—from pies to vegetables to chickens—and the rest of the villagers love to join in.

Yes, that’s right: cows, llamas, chickens, bunnies, and foxes all live alongside Sims in this idyllic new world. Befriend wild rabbits, foxes, and birds for gifts and help in your garden, or focus your love and attention on the friends in the animal sheds and chicken coops at home. Or both! The more animals, the better.

Sims with the Animal Enthusiast Trait especially love taking care of critters. Your relationship with each animal impacts how they respond to you, and treats can help you gain their favor. Different animal treats and moods even produce different results! Change the flavor of your cow’s milk, the color of your llama’s wool, or even the appearance of your chickens with specific goodies. (You’ll need to find some chocoberries out in the wild or add them to your grocery delivery order to get chocolate milk.)

And some vegetables, obviously! Thanks to the new gardening patches, folks are overexcited for oversized crops. Fill plots with giant watermelons, aubergines, pumpkins, mushrooms, and lettuce to really wow the neighbors. Get the kids out there with you and teach them how to care for those huge plants, too. When they’re fully grown (the veggies, not the kids), enter them into the Finchwick Fair or just collect a good harvest for healthy meals.

The Simple Living Lot Challenge makes cooking cheaper, but it also means recipes depend entirely on what you’ve got in your inventory. Forage in the nearby woods for mushrooms and berries, borrow some milk and eggs from your animals, and keep your garden full. Missing something? Place an order with the local grocery shop and get all your ingredients delivered right to your doorstep. (Don’t forget to tip the delivery person!) Speaking of cooking, bring the whole family together in the kitchen to make Yorkshire pudding, beef wellington, or any of the other delicious dishes on the menu. It really does make the kitchen the heart of the home.

[Sorry, I didn't know you'd already posted it]
  • Options
    TheGreatGorlonTheGreatGorlon Posts: 382 Member
    I'm really surprised by the level of content in this pack, and pleasantly surprised at that. I never expected to see the community's request for farming answered so solidly. The Sims team REALLY stepped it up with this pack, and I'm actually considering it for full price.

Side note - I hope we can get canning/jamming or wine making. Maybe as kits?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top