Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GameChangers Got A Sneak Peek at EP 11 Trailer

Comments

• Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    I don't mean to be a negative nelly, I try to keep it positive but I personally don't like or understand this kind of marketing.

I'm sure the game changers are lovely people, but watching people I've never met react to something I've not seen does not excite me or make me want to buy the product. I'm buying packs based on my likes and my personal play style, no one else's, so watching other people react doesn't work for me.
    I don’t get enjoyment from it neither. It feels like high school when the „cool“ kids thought that they’re more important than they are and everyone is just dying to know what they‘re up to. Meanwhile we wished they would just shut up…
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I think I got misty when the Sims 3 was announced...open world and CAS after Sims 2's loading screens...and I clapped.

I used to get PEPS (Pre Expansion Pack Excitement) all the time in Sims 3. Sims 4, um not so much. Funny, in Sims 4 the packs I doubt the most are the ones that are the most fun and add so much to the game. :D

After the bombs of the last 3 out 4 packs for me, I'm hoping but not holding my breath. (I would love a farming pack, especially the Irish and Scottish highlands.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    BenjamilianBenjamilian Posts: 395 Member
    I don't think it's meant to get us excited for the pack - just for the trailer. The trailer's the bit to get us excited for the pack, and if they can get lots of Sims fans keenly watching and responding to the trailer as soon as it's released, it'll be good for social media traction. The more excited we are before their press release, the better the chance of their press release trending.

(Algorithms aside, though, it is a weird system)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I think I got misty when the Sims 3 was announced...open world and CAS after Sims 2's loading screens...and I clapped.

I used to get PEPS (Pre Expansion Pack Excitement) all the time in Sims 3. Sims 4, um not so much. Funny, in Sims 4 the packs I doubt the most are the ones that are the most fun and add so much to the game. :D

After the bombs of the last 3 out 4 packs for me, I'm hoping but not holding my breath. (I would love a farming pack, especially the Irish and Scottish highlands.)

I don't think I have gotten "misty" since I saw my first nooboo born in Sims 2. <3 A foal born on Sims3 came close.
    However I haven't received a single pack from Sims that disappoints me.

I love farming idea as well so I hope we both get what we love this time.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    EveryDaySimEveryDaySim Posts: 193 Member
    edited June 2021
    The game changers often do seem to be overexcitable about mundane, trivial things. You could hand some of them a toaster pastry and they would scream and weep with joy.

With the way everything gets overhyped, there's no telling what they could be making a Super Big Deal of this time. It could be cuddling cow poop, or getting a new doorknob.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I’ll be glad when they do away with #GameChangerGang. I’m not in it; therefore, I don’t like it. But even more than that, it feels unnecessary at this point.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    "Cut! Now do it again but with even more shock and awe! Really make it seem like this is THE pack that will solve all the game's numerous problems! Make me want to buy this EP 5 more times! Take 3!"
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    Going to sleep... Tommorow is going to be a long day till 4 pm for me.. ahhhhh
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    just close the thread can't please everyone.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Guess I should have known better than to start a thread with GameChanger in the title. Just thought the discussion would center around what they might be reacting to.

I'm sorry if my comment derailed your thread in any way :disappointed: it wasn't my intention and I'm more than happy to delete it if you want.

I meant that I don't like this kind of marketing/video from any company, not just EA/Sims and I certainly don't have an issue with GameChangers themselves.

As for what they may be reacting to, I haven't watched with the sound but they all look pretty excited, I feel as though it may be something many simmers have wanted for a while. We know cars are not coming with this pack, so my guess is farms or hotels. :smile:
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @GirlFromIpanema your comment was fine. 🙂 You didn't make it personal like some of the other comments but instead focused on the marketing strategy.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    beville wrote: »
    Their marketing team is a joke with this teaser.🙄

Seems pretty effective. Got me HYPE😅😅😅
    Just seeing their excitement got me excited😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    I am really stopid. I thought everybunny was the name of some person they were bringing. Why it took me so long to get this simple, obvious pun?
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited June 2021
    Guess I should have known better than to start a thread with GameChanger in the title. Just thought the discussion would center around what they might be reacting to.

People are ridiculous when it comes to GC's sometimes. I may not agree with them when it comes to their likes, but this is a silly thing to get worked up about.

It's a reaction video. This is what happens in reaction videos. They exaggerate. It's kind of the point.

Uzumaki Khan is the undisputed king of reaction videos. Why? Because the dude has been known to flip a table and his chair when he gets overly excited. It's hilarious to watch!
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I rarely watch gamechanger videos, so I don't even know who most of those people are. I'm not hyped by the tease, but hey, funny faces are funny, and laughter is free.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

Don't let them hold you back <3 Some people just tend to be ruder when they know their real persona isn't known. Why they are bothered by a video I'll never know. Especially when they don't have to watch. Keep the Sim!!
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member

Lol they had me with the post card thing! But today teaser wasn't cutting it for me.
    It reminded me of some kind of childish kid game. They think it's fun and games having people play guessing games, instead of just getting to the point and announcing the pack like they used to.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member

I thought it was fun. Excitement and enthusiasm are contagious. I'm sitting here wondering if it's too early to go to bed. 😂
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    This teaser has got me excited for the trailer Tomorrow and also I"ll be putting up my official countdown thread Tomorrow.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    The Gamechangers did there job and no doubt will be rewarded for it. The bait is on the hook and all EA has to do is sit back and wait for the $$$ to roll in. Any bugs will be addressed in 6 months after release of the pack.
  • Options
    GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    I think it's Faeries.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    How many more hours to go until the trailer happens?

The suspense is killing me.... at this point I'm not sure if this pack is focused on farming, elders, flower shows, new pets, or CAS purses that can be used as weapons. :#
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    12 hrs 15 mins.