Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies are coming

It's pretty obvious.
1. When it comes to Scotland and Ireland; fairies play a major role their folklore.
2. We got at least 1 hint.
3. It's been a while since we got an occult sim

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Cladriah wrote: »
    It's pretty obvious.
    1. When it comes to Scotland and Ireland; fairies play a major role their folklore.
    2. We got at least 1 hint.
    3. It's been a while since we got an occult sim

If so, I hope they aren't a recycle of Island Spirits and University sprites. :p
    Since they aren't the main feature of the pack, they probably will be recycled.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I want fireflies.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I want fireflies.

Fireflies aren't an English thing, unfortunately. You might have to make do with the insect terrariums from Granite Falls.
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    This will be a good blow to those who believe that Fairies will arrive. I do not believe it.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I'm really hoping faeries don't come in this pack, especially if it is farming as other speculation is saying. The reason being, because faeries will either get the mermaid or alien treatment when they deserve a pack all to themselves. Honestly, I feel it would be a punch in the stomach to occult fans and those of us who really want fae if they're treated as a side feature.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    I don't think mermaids were that bad .
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    faeries would be so fun but we have to wate and see
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Mermaids weren't bad, but I still want Faeries to have more depth than Pranksters with Wings, which is about all I'd expect if they're squeezed into an Expansion pack.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member

One thing that gives me more hope for faeries being a more successful addition to a larger pack like this (compared to other supernatural Sims) is that many of the CAS assets that could go into making a popular Tinkerbelle type image of faeries are already available in the game and as we've seen recently, some talented Simmers have already created some fabulous faux faeries. I think there's even a mod that adds wings. So that would just mean, more items and animations.

Now, before you start to comment that Tinkerbelle isn't the only, or even the best representation of the fae folk in the world, I agree, but imo I think the team is likely to go with the popularised version, simply because they have before in Sims 3.
  • Options
    Kironide wrote: »
    One thing that gives me more hope for faeries being a more successful addition to a larger pack like this (compared to other supernatural Sims) is that many of the CAS assets that could go into making a popular Tinkerbelle type image of faeries are already available in the game and as we've seen recently, some talented Simmers have already created some fabulous faux faeries. I think there's even a mod that adds wings. So that would just mean, more items and animations.

Now, before you start to comment that Tinkerbelle isn't the only, or even the best representation of the fae folk in the world, I agree, but imo I think the team is likely to go with the popularised version, simply because they have before in Sims 3.

Wings (of the fake variety, paired with full outfit costumes) came with Spooky stuff, so I know they have the assets available. But even dealing just with Tinerbelle type fairies, there are more interpretations of pixies than just pranksters. It's not their appearance I worry about, it's their interactions and abilities.

And I agree, that's the kind they're likely to go with if they make Fairies playable.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    What do fairies have to do with garden stalls and mayors seeing as those were the 2 biggest hints to come with the post card
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Wings (of the fake variety, paired with full outfit costumes) came with Spooky stuff, so I know they have the assets available. But even dealing just with Tinerbelle type fairies, there are more interpretations of pixies than just pranksters. It's not their appearance I worry about, it's their interactions and abilities.

And I agree, that's the kind they're likely to go with if they make Fairies playable.

I know it's not ideal, but I think its likely that they'll use the same framework as they did with spellcasters, but just with a different range of spells.

As someone who loves the stories of the fae, I know that it is possible to include untold richness, with their numerous legends and folklore, but this is the Sims 4 and even with their own dedicated pack, I doubt we'd get much of the depth that is truly possible with this particular supernatural. The fae are famous for their mischief and sometimes for being downright dangerous. What else would you like to see @DaWaterRat?

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by Babykittyjade on
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Deleted.
    Post edited by Kironide on
  • Options

I know it's not ideal, but I think its likely that they'll use the same framework as they did with spellcasters, but just with a different range of spells.

As someone who loves the stories of the fae, I know that it is possible to include untold richness, with their numerous legends and folklore, but this is the Sims 4 and even with their own dedicated pack, I doubt we'd get much of the depth that is truly possible with this particular supernatural. The fae are famous for their mischief and sometimes for being downright dangerous. What else would you like to see @DaWaterRat?

The ability to bless crops, or families - kinda like wishing for a child on the wishing well, or giving a baby a boost in learning when they become a toddler. Elemental abilities (cold, fire, water, earth) um... Illusions... something to make one fairy's powers different from another, so that the differences aren't just cosmetic.

A skill tree like in Realm of Magic would be great. Unfortunately, the only EP to have such as skill tree is for the fame System, and that was the focus of Get Famous. Otherwise, the Occults in EP's have had 1 flat set of powers on a pie menu. ... I think Evil mermaids might get one or two different interactions. And that's ... okay, I guess. But I'd rather have the options available in a dedicated Game Pack than have stripped-down Fairies mashed into an EP.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Babykittyjade - To what 'complaint' are you objecting?

Wrong thread lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    @DaWaterRat - I really like all of your suggestions for the magical distinctions.

Maybe you're right about the framework, but the the things that gives me hope is that its already done with a little tweaking, so less work for the developers, just the spells would be unique.

In terms of their interactions, even Realm of magic didn't have a very extensive list of dialogue options. I don't think there was even an option to admit to being a Spellcaster, for instance.
  • Options
    I like all of your suggestions for the magical distinctions.

Maybe you're right about the framework, but the the things that gives me hope is that its already done, so less work for the developers, just the spells would be unique.

In terms of their interactions, even Realm of magic didn't have a very extensive list of dialogue options. I don't think there was even an option to admit to being a Spellcaster, for instance.

No, but there's a level 2 perk you can buy that gives you different interactions when talking to another spellcaster.

I mean, I think I'd be okay if fairies got a specific trait relative to their "type" and then got mostly the same interactions with slightly different special effects and only one or two abilities specific to that type - like "Garden" fairies would have flower petal effects and could bless a plant, Home fairies got little dust whirlwinds and could clean/repair things, Fire fairies had sparks of flame and could set things on fire, etc.

It's not as robust as I think they could do with a Game Pack, but it might be enough.

However, if I'm being honest, since the bulk of the fairy speculation appears to be based off of GrimSuruDoi's acrostic poems, and he doesn't tweet hints he just likes words and poetry (I know people don't believe that, but it's true.) I'm not sure how much I'm expecting fairies anyway. They may be in the pack, they may not, but Doi didn't hint that they were... people just ran with it.
  • Options
    I like all of your suggestions for the magical distinctions.

Maybe you're right about the framework, but the the things that gives me hope is that its already done, so less work for the developers, just the spells would be unique.

No, but there's a level 2 perk you can buy that gives you different interactions when talking to another spellcaster.

I mean, I think I'd be okay if fairies got a specific trait relative to their "type" and then got mostly the same interactions with slightly different special effects and only one or two abilities specific to that type - like "Garden" fairies would have flower petal effects and could bless a plant, Home fairies got little dust whirlwinds and could clean/repair things, Fire fairies had sparks of flame and could set things on fire, etc.

It's not as robust as I think they could do with a Game Pack, but it might be enough.

However, if I'm being honest, since the bulk of the fairy speculation appears to be based off of GrimSuruDoi's acrostic poems, and he doesn't tweet hints he just likes words and poetry (I know people don't believe that, but it's true.) I'm not sure how much I'm expecting fairies anyway. They may be in the pack, they may not, but Doi didn't hint that they were... people just ran with it.

Yes, I agree, I think you're right that its a stretch of imagination and I'm certainly not banking on Faeries being in this pack, but if they are, then as I said previously, it might not be the worst possible option, for the reasons already stated. Here's to hoping whenever we do get them, that they'll meet enthusiasts expectations and thank you for engaging.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited June 2021
    I seriously hope they don't add even one more occult lifestate without also adding an OPTION in SETTINGS for us to disable them like we had in TS3!!!
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member

Mermaids weren't bad, but I still want Faeries to have more depth than Pranksters with Wings, which is about all I'd expect if they're squeezed into an Expansion pack.

They could have more depth than that with this expansion. I imagine we're not getting horses with this.We might get some farm animals.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I need to catch up on news, but I recall some guru saying something like theere was a beautiful location/world that only certain sims could visit. Could that be a secret faery location that only faeries can visit? If so, I think they will be in the next EP, I can't see what other lifestate can need such a beautiful world to their own?

Or did we get an answer to tthe guru's saying previously? I'm not on twitter so I might miss a few of those hints...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    What do fairies have to do with garden stalls and mayors seeing as those were the 2 biggest hints to come with the post card

Simmers going from other hints by a simguru and one of the song artists.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I'm totally ready for some Fairies.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    L00NYL0V3L00NYL0V3 Posts: 66 Member

They could have more depth than that with this expansion. I imagine we're not getting horses with this.We might get some farm animals.

I honestly am not holding my breath for fairies, because I feel like that's a really good way to end up sad and disappointed, but I really, sincerely hope we get horses and other farm animals. Trying to have a 'cowplant ranch' because that's your only option sounds fun at first, but is boring and rather pathetic in practice. That, and it freaks me out when people try to make big dogs into horses. It's creative, but...nightmare fuel.