Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Having fun with the new career! Just wish I were a better decorator, lol. 😆
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    Having alot of fun. It's bringing back nostalgia from 3. I'm having my sims paint stuff and put their paintings in every home I decorate Lol! Sort of like my own little stamp. Also working on that charisma skill I'm sure it'll help along the way. All in all good times <3
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Great idea to use your sims paintings. 🙂
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Well, the first think I did was updated some of my sims outfits. Then I updated my Hybridcaster's home with some of the DHD furniture. I totally gave her a very round couch, new bed, new kitchen counters/cupboards, toaster oven, top stove, new bathtub, sinks, desk & a new picture. She's kind of gothic, so I made sure most of it was in black.
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited June 2021
    *Deleted because I apparently made the same comment earlier. :D
  • Options
    FYI: It's probably better to not play the new career yet until it's fixed. Just have fun updated your builds instead. :)
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    FYI: It's probably better to not play the new career yet until it's fixed. Just have fun updated your builds instead. :)

Oh, really? Well that makes me feel better that I’ve been taking so long working on my sims’ house first! Lol.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am playing the new career @SERVERFRA and it works find no glitch at all
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2021

I wouldn't be surprised if this pack breaks more mods than ever before, and I did notice that MCCC was being used in quite a few videos I looked at. It would probably be better to play without all of them rather than holding back in the game. That way proper bugs will be found sooner.

It might also be quite a good idea to steer clear of Gallery lots with loads of moo and CC when redecorating!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Having alot of fun. It's bringing back nostalgia from 3. I'm having my sims paint stuff and put their paintings in every home I decorate Lol! Sort of like my own little stamp. Also working on that charisma skill I'm sure it'll help along the way. All in all good times <3

*tiptoes in and steals idea, tiptoes back out again*
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member

Same. I’ve had some small issues here and there but nothing major and nothing I couldn’t work around. For instance I didn’t have the slideshow at the reveal once. I also had all objects try to go into my household inventory but for some reason deleting and then undoing the delete then deleting again fixed it lol. I think mods are causing a ton of problems with this pack. I’m not saying it isn’t glitchy but I don’t think mods are helping is what I mean.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Do the pictures get sold or are they like a gift?
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

So, I just finished playing through my first Sim week with the new pack. I had a great time. I got to complete 5 gigs, including one call-back. I had a few small issues as far as glitches go, but nothing game-breaking. The biggest hurdle came on my Sims' third gig, which was billed as a "walk-in closet renovation"-only, the house that I was sent to had no pre-existing walk-in closets, and on a room renovation you cannot add or move walls. So, I got creative...

55.png

Some of the other gig results:

30.png
    62.png
    77.png
    78-2.png

All 5 gigs were "passed", and I only had one negative opinion from one of the kids. (Apparently if the Sim doesn't like the result, you get a dialogue box, but if they like it you don't? I'm not sure if this is by design or not.)

35.png

And yes, my first gig was in a neighborhood that had the "We Wear Bags" NAP active from Eco Lifestyle. It made the reveal...interesting.

33.png

36.png

TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @purplestarz2006 lol at the bags!

I like that bright red, yellow, orange block wallpaper- is that in game or cc?
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I’m hoping to be able to play today. The last couple of days have been rather busy as I pretend to be an interior designer in real life (my grandparents moved to a senior living community that’s a mile from our house after living 300 miles away previously, so I’ve been helping get them settled and figuring out how to arrange the computer desk so my grandpa can get to it while still keeping the pathway to the bathroom clear and allowing him get to the closet around the bed considering there’s a walker and a wheelchair in the room. And also putting together one of those wire grid storage cube sets.) Hoping I have time to play today. It sounds like I really would enjoy playing the career.

(wow, holy run-on sentence Batman)
  • Options
    That's good that the new career works well. I did however noticed when I was upgrading my one of my favorite SiFi Futuristic household & home, that the beautiful new shelves are a little glitchy & my couple couldn't romantically cuddle on the cool new couch. However, their home looks more cooler than ever. ;)
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member

I think that's base game.
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im having a lot of fun with this new pack and really not finding it too buggy at all (no mods or CCs in my game, maybe that helps?).
    It def is a challenge sometimes to build something decent. Just now I got a kids room reno with likes being grey and storybook decor...so kinda grey and gothic looking (oh, and I tried to include the kids love of robotics too!). That is the fun part....
    not so fun part is when you get no decor likes or dislikes at all, give it your best shot and have a rabid client screaming at you for ruining their life! (I mean surely its their fault if they dont tell you want they want!?).

Massive fan of the new furniture as well. My decorator sim now has a built in wardrobe/bookcase wall in their bedroom that looks awesome. Also loving the colour palette with those neutrals and lovely pastels.
  • Options
    purplestarz2006purplestarz2006 Posts: 340 Member

Yup, it’s base game- I think they patched it in with toddlers, but I’m not 100% on that.
    TranquilityCreekBannerMaskssmall.jpg
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited June 2021
    "Okay...
    Sulanese clients who hate Island themed furniture,
    but don't have enough of a budget for me to replaced their entire Island themed house...

I smell a trap."
    06-03-21_9-54-17_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

My sim has had her second gig, but her first fail.
    Who knew I would enjoy failure?
    06-03-21_8-36-19_AM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I settled on the bedroom because the structure of the house is odd with the lower levels being open to the outdoors.
    I thought the bedroom would be safest.
    06-03-21_9-11-06_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They wanted Suburban Contemporary.
    I guess that would be exotic to exotic people:
    06-03-21_9-44-27_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had no idea what anyone's favorite color was. I know they hated orange.
    So I went with blue.
    06-03-21_9-47-14_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Time for the reveal.
    06-03-21_9-49-20_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And they went right past the bedroom and into the bathroom,
    which was totally Island Themed.
    06-03-21_9-49-43_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They hated it.
    06-03-21_9-53-40_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"But looks at this Suburban Contemporary piece...
    Video Games! You like video games, check out this new came console."06-03-21_9-54-02_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I believe it was that bathroom, but maybe someone also dislikes blue.
    Never mind the fact that someone was actually wearing orange and blue.
    06-03-21_9-56-11_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

"But I didn't have the budget to do the bathroom too."
    06-03-21_9-58-56_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I think she was conned.
    They got free service out of her. :D
    But I also found it funny.

[Update]
    I went to visit the Ngata household and found that one sim loved Suburban Contemporary, while the other disliked it.
    I don't think I like this not having enough information to go on.

Do we get access to everyone's likes and dislikes at the higher career level?
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve been playing with the new pack a ton since it came out, helps that the weather has been awful and rainy here. My Sim has made it to level 9 in the new career, and I’m loving all the details. I got a phone message that she was going to be featured on the new tv station the following Friday night (after a successful reno). Sure thing there was an option to watch it that night, unfortunately it played the same “episode” it always has, but she got a positive moodlet from watching. Another cute detail from it was a text she got when it was over, it was from her boyfriend saying he thought she was a decorator not a tv star, and congratulating her.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    BookBear wrote: »

I think that's base game.

It is! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top