Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims not able to watch tv from laying on sofa

GenerationSimmerGenerationSimmer Posts: 210 Member
So I bought the new pack yesterday and decided to immediately decorate my sims home with new bb items.
I love lounge sofa's and was excited to give my sims this new cozy couch, but was very disappointed.

My sims were NOT able to watch the tv while laying on the lounge section on the sofa.
The funny thing is: the toddlers can.

How is it possible that when sims are laying in bed they can watch the tv, but from from laying on the sofa?
I honestly dont know if this is a bug, oversight or a decision made by the team.

So I thought I would ask you guys, were your sims able to watch the tv while they're laying on the couch?
If not, do you think it's a bug, oversight or a decision?

I don't know if I should report this as a bug or maybe tag a guru on twitter, but I don't know which one so I hope you guys could help.

Thanks in advance! <3

EDIT: I did some more testing and found this:

IF you let your sims to lay down FIRST and then click to watch tv they will get up and find another seat.
BUT IF you are first watching tv (and seating somewhere else) and THEN click on the lounge THEY WILL GO TO LAY DOWN AND WATCH IT!! (So I guess it's a bug?)

EDIT 2: I posted a bug report, please use the "me too" button if the same bug happens in your game:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-are-not-able-to-lay-down-on-chaise-longue-and-watch-the-TV/m-p/10394145#M184638
👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
Post edited by GenerationSimmer on

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I noticed last night that they couldn’t use their phones while lounging, but they can’t watch tv either? Insanity I say!
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Can they talk to other sims while lounging on chaise?
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    I noticed last night that they couldn’t use their phones while lounging, but they can’t watch tv either? Insanity I say!

I would think that not being able to use the phones while on the lounger would be a plus if they are phone addicts. I have a sim who uses it on the toilet. :lol:
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Yes I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me at all, because they are not able to do that laying on bed either....

I totally forgot to mention that!! But sadly no..... I also tested it, but it was "less" surprising because they don't have that option on the bed either....
    crocobaura wrote: »

I would think that not being able to use the phones while on the lounger would be a plus if they are phone addicts. I have a sim who uses it on the toilet. :lol:

Why haven't I ever see a sim using a phone on the toilet?! :D But honestly I wish they would be able to use the phone while lounging, simply because I always let them browse the internet and play phone games during tv watching, otherwise they get up too quickly to do things I don't want them to :)

EDIT:I did some more testing and found this:

IF you let your sims to lay down FIRST and then click to watch tv they will get up.
    BUT IF you are first watching tv (and seating somewhere else) and THEN click on the lounge THEY WILL WATCH IT!! (So I guess it's a bug?)

And again: no talking with other sims possible, EXCEPT toddlers. Toddlers can do whatever they want
    3.png
    Post edited by GenerationSimmer on
    👋🏻 Hi, my name is Domi / 📍 Brindleton Bay 💛Legacy Player 🔔FOLLOW ON: TWITTER / TUMBLR
  • Options
    fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I had the bug where a Sim won't talk to another Sim even sitting on the non-lounge part of a sofa if the other Sim is watching TV. I had to cancel the action on the other Sim to stop watching TV and then they were able to chat.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,428 Member
    Simmivie wrote: »

Yes I noticed that too, but it didn't surprise me at all, because they are not able to do that laying on bed either....

I totally forgot to mention that!! But sadly no..... I also tested it, but it was "less" surprising because they don't have that option on the bed either....

Why haven't I ever see a sim using a phone on the toilet?! :D But honestly I wish they would be able to use the phone while lounging, simply because I always let them browse the internet and play phone games during tv watching, otherwise they get up too quickly to do things I don't want them to :)

IF you let your sims to lay down FIRST and then click to watch tv they will get up.
    BUT IF you are first watching tv (and seating somewhere else) and THEN click on the lounge THEY WILL WATCH IT!! (So I guess it's a bug?)

And again: no talking with other sims possible, EXCEPT toddlers. Toddlers can do whatever they want
    3.png

So strange that toddlers can talk and adults can't. It's a shame that those multi task options are missing but after them missing on the island living lounge chairs and on the relax on bed op, I can't say I'm surprised. I hope we get an update sometime to be able to talk or read a book while lounging or relaxing.
  • Options
    I had the bug where a Sim won't talk to another Sim even sitting on the non-lounge part of a sofa if the other Sim is watching TV. I had to cancel the action on the other Sim to stop watching TV and then they were able to chat.

Ah okay thank you, good to know this! I will try to test it out if somehow this will also work on the lounge part of the sofa, I'm very doubting it will but atleast we can try :#
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    So strange that toddlers can talk and adults can't. It's a shame that those multi task options are missing but after them missing on the island living lounge chairs and on the relax on bed op, I can't say I'm surprised. I hope we get an update sometime to be able to talk or read a book while lounging or relaxing.

Exactly! I actually made the same thread on this forum about sims not able to read books etc. while relaxing on the lounge chairs when they came out :D It just really disappoints me....

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited June 2021
    My sim was watching TV on her chaise. Is there a bug preventing solar from doing so?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
  • Options

No they can't.
  • Options
    Simmivie wrote: »

3.png

They can watch TV in bed now with the new relax interaction. It was added in a patch.
  • Options
    Someone made a mod for the lounge chair that lets sims chat. Hopefully they ll do that for lounge sofas and when relaxing on bed. I can't remember who the modder was.
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    Update: I noticed my sim watching TV while relaxing on the chaise, but she did it autonomously. When I had her relax and then told her to watch TV, she got up and moved to the normal couch seat. 🤔
  • Options

I did! Here is the link, it would be helpfull if you guys could click on "me too" button if this also occours in your game!
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-are-not-able-to-lay-down-on-chaise-longue-and-watch-the-TV/m-p/10394145#M184638
    Update: I noticed my sim watching TV while relaxing on the chaise, but she did it autonomously. When I had her relax and then told her to watch TV, she got up and moved to the normal couch seat. 🤔

Ah thank you for your input, that's good to know! I mentioned it on the bug report aswell!
    ps. I love your sim on your profile picture!
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited June 2021
    My sim won’t even sit on the new sofa and watch tv. Lounging or not she refuses to sit down and watch it from there. She just stands. Help :(

Works in another save so not sure what’s going on here. Hmmm

Edit: nvm it’s working now. Restart must have fixed it :)
    Post edited by Akl500P on