Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Favorite Mods?

So now that the game has been out for a few years, I'm wondering what mods do you all like to play with to keep things fresh? One that I use makes it so that my social need never decays. I tend to play a pretty solitary sim in the beginning. Another one I like to use is called Gardening for all seasons so I can garden all year round and plant whatever I want haha!
sims4forumsmaller.gif

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited May 2021
    My favourites are UI Cheats (i use it mostly to get rid of the sad moodlet after a holiday), Whimsoverhaul (more meaningful whims), The Personality Mod (it adds new reward traits related to sims 2 aspirations and it adds whims related to them) and a mod (i can't remember the name) that demands a degree from a certain level in some jobs. Those are my essentials.

I'm thinking about getting Meaningful Stories again. I have had it and deleted it cause i thought was overpowered, but i've just noticed that i can tune it to my liking...
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited May 2021
    Meaningful Stories by roBurky - Better emotions.
    NPC Control by Paulson - No random townies.
    Whim Overhaul by Bienchen - Better whims.
    First Impressions by Lumpinou - Adds first impression sentiments.
    More traits in CAS by thepancake1 - Allows five traits for sims instead of three.
    Walk Normal by Scarlet - Stops all the silly walk styles from different moods.
    Lifetime Aspirations by Ky-e - Changes the aspirations into one big lifetime goal instead of the checklist tasks.
    Weather app by LittleMsSam - Allows us to check weather in all the worlds via the phone.
    Personality Mod by MissyHissy - Adds whims relating to the Sims 2 personality types.

Those are my must haves, I also have a ton of autonomy mods and minor fixes but they are to many to list.
  • Options
    HappyPhantomHappyPhantom Posts: 881 Member
    Wow so many out there I didn't even know about Lol!
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    Pretty much anything released by the late Scumbumbo.
  • Options
    SamDenny wrote: »

The late? So I'm guessing the mods aren't updated with patches?
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    edited May 2021
    He passed away years ago.
    While I use many of his mods(and modding tools), the ones that I use heavily in my game is his Paint From Reference Anywhere mod, and removing the filters from paintings so that they look like they were taken with as photo, and can add different filters too: Set Filters On Paintings By Reference.

Edit: His mods aren't in limbo, they are still maintained.
    Post edited by Ersa_Middleton on
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »

The late? So I'm guessing the mods aren't updated with patches?

There is a team that works on updating his mods as needed.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    More traits in CAS by thepancake1 - Allows five traits for sims instead of three.
    Lifetime Aspirations by Ky-e - Changes the aspirations into one big lifetime goal instead of the checklist tasks.
    Weather app by LittleMsSam - Allows us to check weather in all the worlds via the phone.
    Personality Mod by MissyHissy - Adds whims relating to the Sims 2 personality types.

Those are my must haves, I also have a ton of autonomy mods and minor fixes but they are to many to list.

@Sharonia is Meaningful Stories working after the latest patch?
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited May 2021
    To add to what has already been posted:

Talents & weaknesses by Lumpinou - an amazing mod that gets even better with the likes and dislikes we got now
    Woohoo wellness and pregnancy by Lumpinou
    Wonderful whims by turbodiver - atraction system, period
    Have some personality please by Polarbearsims
    Career overhaul by Kuttoe - harder careers with reduced salaries
    Adult skills for kids by PBHiccup
    a lot of traits, lock gender prefernce and romance autonomy mods by chingyu1023

I use too many mods to list but these are probably the most interesting and big ones that I can think of that hasn't been already mentioned above.
    Post edited by Yautjagirl on
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    You all are awesome!! Keep the comments coming. My gears of inspiration are turning looking at all these fun mods to help keep my game fresh Lol!

Oh another mod I love is the
    Switch Streamer Mod by kawaiistaciemods

It really is like being a streamer on twitch and is so much fun!
    sims4forumsmaller.gif

• Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    MC Command Center by Deaderpool: Like this one is an absolute must for any Sim modder out there. Everyone who wants to mod their Sims 4 should have this installed, no questions asked. It's extremely powerful and it controls almost every facet of the game. Want to copy and paste your appearance and outfits onto another Sim? Want to play an 8+ member household? Want to play with testingcheatstrue right off the bat? Want to revive a Sim? Want to summon a Sim to your lot? Want to disable relationship decay? Want to slow down time? Want to add/remove moodlets from your Sims? Want to add traits? Want to disable certain autonomous actions for your Sims? Want multiple best friends? MC Command Center can do all of this, plus more.
    Meaningful Stories by roburky: I always play with this on because this is just a much better emotion system in every way. It turns uncomfortable moodlets into boosters for negative emotions and its emotional inertia system stops Sims acting like light switches or liking a decoration even while they are mourning. Your Sims will actually get pretty furious and depressed for once.
    Color Sliders by thepancake1 and MizoreYukii: This is the closest you will get to a color wheel for the Sims 4 in CAS and I strongly recommend it.
    EcoDisc 52X Mini Weather Controller by lot51: If the current weather control machine is a bit too limited for your tastes and you're looking for something to control the weather (hard to get by and cumbersome to use cheats), then this is the mod for you. This comes with Thundersnow, Sun Showers, Dry Lightning, and more!
    Torture & Chaos by Dramatic-Gamer: I like using this to lightning strike, stink up, and deprive needs of the paparazzi in my lot and this one comes in handy for me.
    Pose Player by Andrew: Extremely handy to use if you're looking for a specific animation and sound and you don't feel like manually activating them to get them in that pose throughout the game. Only downside is that animation lists aren't updated so you're sorta forced to extract their names with Sims 4 Studio by parsing through like the GP, EP, etc files in your installation.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »

Oh yeah. It's working perfectly fine.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited May 2021
    I use half of @83bienchen 's mods. They mostly do tuning stuff to make the game a more enjoyable experience. I think my favorite of their mods is the auto wedding ring when sims get married like in sims 2. Other enjoyable ones are plants only go dormant in winter, more children and toddlers at parks, acne as an actual system and not just case detail etc.

They also have a whim overhaul mod that I can't recommend enough.

I also use littlemsams mods a lot.

I also can't live without my shorter teens mod.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited May 2021
    A whole host of most from LittleMsSam - There's 191 files in the folder in my Mods for that modder. They just do all kinds of little tweaks that are vital. The ones I interact with the most would be the more visitors and auto professionals - but that's only because others are more 'behind the scenes but still vital.

MCCC - this is vital for me to disable things like aging, pregnancy, attempted limits on numbers of aliens, remove situational outfits, and just like with LittleMsSam - all kinds of little tweaks that make the experience more to preference.

- Key in both of the above two is each have a huge stack of choices, and almost everyone can find something they want for their game. Even if what we want is the exact opposite of each other.

LittleMsSam does it right though - everything is an individual module so no code bloat. Things should never be bundled together unless they're related to the same purpose / use case. LittleMsSim often even divides aspects of the same thing into individual modules so you 'disable' an extra feature by just not downloading that package file - proper modern coding there.

I use a few NSFW mods that are critical for me - even though some of them seriously annoy me because I'll want one feature, and have to spend a lot of effort working to disable the other features... (like... why does someone put a 'vanilla NSFW' item together with a tweak that makes sim pregnancy work through laying eggs... good code design is to keep things modular. Super bundles of 1000 features is so pre-1990)

ShowSimInfo - this is a dead mod, last updated I think 2 years ago. But it still works unless you have Island Living (or so I've read), which I have yet to buy so I can still use this. It seems to be the only mod out there that lets you do something like search your entire game for every sim with 'trait X'. So I can quickly find things like 'all aliens', 'all spellcasters', or 'all sims with that aspiration to become an egg layer'... and edit them.
    - It can also search a specific sim - as in tell you everything about your active sim or a sim you select. So it's not just a sim finder, but also sim detail extractor.
    - very useful for fixing things when you let some bad CC in by accident and don't notice it soon enough, as you can also find hidden traits.

If somebody's got a more modern mod that does what that mod did, I'd love to know. Eventually I will get the Island EP, or some future EP - and it will break on me.

I use a lot of autonomous mods from Polarbearsims, that can get me in some trouble sometimes. Like an Autonomous Proposal mod so I'm often looking at a popup where some townie is asking to move in with another townie. I imagine that would drive some people nuts but it's exactly what I wanted - for my townies to start moving around and forming their own households. Once again, like LittleMsSam, many of Polarbearsims' mods are in individual mods so I can get 'this kind of autonomy that I want' and not have to struggle to disable that other one that I didn't want. Good principles there - keep it modular as you can.

I've got a huge stack of new traits from Chingyu. Some of them are great, some I had to delete because they would make a sim into a superhuman. All of them give errors for improper tuning setup, but still work...

Beyond this I have a huge stack of clothing and furniture CC, and I've used Sim4Studio to make most of the clothing random possible so my townies use it. If it looks bad when I do that I 'usually but not always' just delete it.

Lastly, Sims 4 Tray Importer is vital when you start using a lot of CC because you will invariably download something that looks horrendous in game either because it's badly made, it's badly flagged (like wrong gender or wrong age so it wrecks the mesh), or it just doesn't look right next to your other CC (like something 'realistic' when most of your CC is cartoony).
    - and I use this often to find what file is causing an issue and deal with it. Just yesterday I noticed all my new townies and any new sim in CAS had no head, so I had to export one to the library and open both it and an older library entry that was good - and compare them in Tray Importer to find out that a 'batch fix' I'd done with Sims 4 Studio had ruined a 'default lashes' replacement I had... so I had to go get an 'unfixed' copy as the 'fixed' one was bad... Without Sims 4 Tray, figuring that out would have taken me hours and hopeless attempts to beg people for help on forums... Instead it was a 5 minute fix.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    texxx78 wrote: »

Oh yeah. It's working perfectly fine.

Great! Thank you :)
  • Options
    ViolettaVioletta Posts: 29 Member
    MC Command Center is the only mod I refuse to play without.

I use LittleMsSam's mods pretty often. I love her "Personal Objects" mod especially. Personal objects lets you set certain objects as just belonging to 1 specific sim. I always have 1 sim who paints and 1 who plays music, and I always hate when everyone else in the household who I don't even particularly want gaining those skills randomly decide to start painting or playing an instrument. Guest sims to the house also randomly decide to start playing instruments sometimes. Her mod also lets sims claim computers, video game consoles, tv's, toilets, sinks, tubs and showers, tablets, stereos, among other things as belonging to them.

I also love chingyu's More CAS Traits for Sims Mod (& For Pets!) mod.
  • Options
    Oh that personal objects mod is interesting. I don't like when my sims have their suite rooms with private bathroom and others go and use their bath... and i see a lot of more opportunities... i think i'll try it.
  • Options
    Oh and the more cas traits mod also looks very appealing... @Violetta when you first added this mod did the game randomly applied new traits to each of your sims and npcs or did you have to go through all of them, one by one...?
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    The two main ones have already been said: MCCC and UI Cheats Extension. However, Zero makes some great stuff. Also does not lock their content behind a Patreon paywall.
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    edited May 2021
    I use a ton of mods, but lately I'm in love with Lumpinou's ones.
    Woohoo Wellness & Pregnancy Ovehaul — adds such things as pregnancy preferences (your sim can have an unwanted pregnancy even if they're not a child hater), risky woohoo, paternity testing, realistic reactions to teen pregnancies, artificial insemination and surrogacy, and adoption overhaul.
    I haven't tested everything yet – my sims are boring and have no drama in their lives lol, but I've adopted a kid through this mod. And it's so much better than what we have in game! You have to ask your partner if they agree to an adoption. Then you receive a visit from an adoption agent, who can decline your request if you don't have enough money and living space to have a child.
    And if you adopt a baby or a toddler, they won't know that they were adopted and you can reveal it later. And teens can go and contact their biological parents if they want to (I think a parent gets picked up randomly, I've got a notification that my sim's bio father is Rohan Elderberry (Britechester townie).

First Impressions — adds sentiments when sims meet each other, a useful tool to decide who I want my sim to be friends with. :)

Road to Romance — adds more options to romance menu, such as “talk about life together”, “make future plans”, “enthuse about your kids”. Finally my spouses can talk about serious matters and not only flirt.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 847 Member
    @Jyotai I have ShowSimInfo and Island Living, and the mod works fine for me and doesn't throw LEs.

I use way too many mods to list, so I'll just name my indispensable ones, including a few I haven't seen mentioned:
    1. MCCC by Deaderpool
    2. Better Weather Variety by Peterskywalker at Mod the Sims. Finally the weather in Willow Creek is actually like Louisiana weather!
    3. Meaningful Stories by Roburky.
    4. Sac's Slow Dancing mod
    5. Scarlet SimCity Loans. My sims have to take out a mortgage to buy a house!
    6. Srsly's Complete Cooking Overhaul
    7. Have Some Personality Please! and Socialization is Fun by Polarbearsims.
    8. Lots and lots of mods by LittleMsSam and Bienchen. Lots of other mods too, but these are my favorites.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    @Jyotai I have ShowSimInfo and Island Living, and the mod works fine for me and doesn't throw LEs.

Good to know. Before I added the mod I read a lot of threads about it breaking, and I had thought that was the common theme among people who couldn't run it. If you're able to run it, then if I do hit a break at that point, I'll look deeper. Island Living is 2-3 "purchases away" on my wishlist (I want University more, but it has bad reviews, so still deciding).

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited May 2021
    As others have mentioned, my absolute essential mod (without which I wouldn't play at all other than for testing purposes) is MCCC. Others that I consider nearly as essential are many of LittleMsSam's and Bienchen's mods (too many from both to list individually, lol), and TwistedMexi's AllCheats.

Less essential ones but high on my fun and/or quality-of-life list:
    Sacrificial's Romance mods (including Slow Dancing and Skygaze)
    Wiggler's DisableAutomaticFameQuirks (because I consider some of the quirks to be stupid)
    Several by Zero
    Several career mods by various authors
    And some NSFW stuff I can't mention by name due to forum rules.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    DisableDebugSunray is the only mod I use. I got it after I moved a family's home and realised two things. First, all of the lagging I was having in the first home was suddenly gone. Second, I had an obscene number of sunrays (from EL) in the family's inventory.

It was as if the green footprint just continually added more and more sunrays. This mod lets me continue to play with eco footprints on, but does not have the sunrays in green neighbourhoods.

If you have EL and you have issues with lag, I 100% recommend it.