Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

Yahh I was wondering about this! I'm guessing when we download we can wipe it all, but that's great for character creation.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    At first I was annoyed because they have only 11 favorite colors, and I have a Sim who is definitely teal. Or aqua. But then I realized it's not like TS3 where you can get an exact color match. So my Sims who want teal get blue & green as their favorites. Burgundy get purple & red, gold get orange & yellow.

Yes, same. I'm very picky with colors, for example, I dislike bright orange but I love terracotta, and the game counts both as just orange. But oh well, it would be too hard to change the existing system/filter for colors, and this is just a game after all. :)

Yay, cool! I wish skills & reward traits were visible somewhere in the UI too.
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    The Tenants crossover? But more sims style? B)
  • Options
    lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Turquoise is a blue spectrum colour. If you sort furniture in game by colour, you will get turqoise in the blue category.
    Ummm, wait... you can sort furniture by colour? How?

And turquoise is my favourite colour.

I found stuff I had never seen before when I used the sort by colour option. :]
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol I can't believe I never knew about a colour filter. So is it over on the right where you can filter by pack?
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Lol I can't believe I never knew about a colour filter. So is it over on the right where you can filter by pack?

Yes. And you can filter there by style, too. :)
    Same with clothes.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I feel relieved now. I was planning not to have anyone on this career because I'm so bad at designing anything I was actually getting anxiety for even thinking about doing it. Sims game has never before gotten me anxious, it's always been my escape from stress and this pack made me feel awful.
    Seeing these tweets made me realize I can have someone on that career without having to do any designing and it's a huge relief.
    Finally I found something positive about this pack. Thanks for posting this. :)
  • Options
    Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    I haven't read all of the comments yet, but wow! This seems like an amazing pack and the livestream got me realllyy excited!
    Sad to see there won't be any new recipes probably, but who knows what they come up with still.

The BB looks amazing. So many possibilities!

Gameplay wise: Awesome to see you can cancel gigs you don't want to do because you like the house. Even though I don't play rotational and have multiple saves, it's cool for my generation saves.

CAS was a bit disappointing for me too, but I think it's fair if you look at all the other options that come with this pack.. So much new clutter items, multiple build buy sets, etc.

The tip from a simmer on this thread to watch interior shows/youtube is a Good one. I'll try to look into that!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2021
    I am starting a first pass at my sim's preferences.
    I will finalize it when I get the pack.
    Preferences.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I believe my decor will be divided into three main groups.

-Modern/Contemporary/Suburban Contemporary
    -Boho/Island/Moroccan
    -French Country/Gothic Farm House/Queen Anne

Cosmolux is for my Alien sim.
    I need to go into my game and really look at my sims though.
    Filtering B/B by style and color is really helpful. Why have I never used this before?
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    I am starting a first pass at my sim's preferences.
    I will finalize it when I get the pack.
    Preferences.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I believe my decor will be divided into three main groups.

-Modern/Contemporary/Suburban Contemporary
    -Boho/Island/Moroccan
    -French Country/Gothic Farm House/Queen Anne

Cosmolux is for my Alien sim.
    I need to go into my game and really look at my sims though.
    Filtering B/B by style and color is really helpful. Why have I never used this before?

Oh my! This is impressive! You got it all sorted!

I wish I was that organized in real life...
    Can I hire you? 😂

My game’s like: “myeah whatev.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have not filtered b/b by style but by color. Including cas. Each household wears a particular color(s) and their home is decorated in similar colors. For instance, the Goth’s wears a combo of red(mostly Bella) and black. Therefore the decor consists of red, black, and dark wood colors with a few gold and brass objects. Likewise Barbie#1 wears pink and white while her house is decorated in traditional pink and white, but Barbie #2 prefers modern pink, white with a hint of light blue (for ken).❤️
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    somewhsome wrote: »

Yes. And you can filter there by style, too. :)
    Same with clothes.

Wow, my mind is blown because I never knew this, either, lol. :D I’m going to try it out today!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Yep! Knew about the filter by color options.

Of course, what I meant was if the actual hue of turquoise/aqua isn't a favorite color choice for the likes/dislikes the way it is in the Sims 3, it'll mean I'll have to branch out and pick other favorite colors like red or blue or yellow or purple becuuse for some odd reason (or maybe not so odd ) all my created sims in S3 seem to like the color turquoise. :D
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    Not Tuesday yet?
    ahh well --->
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Not Tuesday yet?
    ahh well --->

No. It’s only Thursday. 😒

Binged my way through Interior Design Masters and am now starting Stay Here which is about renovating vacation rentals (hmmmm, I wonder if that’s an option for the new pack, cuz some of those Granite Falls rentals could use a facelift)

I’ll be so in the vibe though.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Not Tuesday yet?
    ahh well --->
    For just a moment last night I forgot it was only the patch we'd had and I went to look at the new b/b stuff 🤣😂😅
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2021
    First sim preferences, first pass.
    She only needs the Decor Likes/Dislikes now
    Yuki_Prefs.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Okay, with all this going on that makes up a sim, there is no way they should all seem the same.
    Their behaviors need to reflect all these labels.

While I was feeling out all her likes and dislikes, the game did present her Loner trait, happiness for painting, and her her Morning Sim trait.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I literally cannot stop thinking about Dream Home Decorator, LOL. Tuesday feels so far away!
  • Options
    EteyraEteyra Posts: 26 Member
    I'm super hyped for this gamepack. I spend my time in the game redesigning houses with restrictions I impose on myself for fun. Now my sim can get paid for it. Not fully convinced by the CAS but gosh so much new furniture, can't wait to play with it!!

The only bonus I would have loved is that we could also have a fashion makeover career, the randomly generated NPCs are in need of it lol. But that's just a tiny detail, overall I'm thrilled with this pack.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'm late to the party, but the 20 slots allotted for likes and dislikes is amazing.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Okay, I finally decided what to do when I get DHD!
    I'm going to make an Interior Decorator inspired (very loosely) on Kirstie Allsopp, a British TV presenter known for realestate and crafty home makeover shows. :lol:
    I'm going to give her a sister who is a chef, and together they will renovate and improve restaurants.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top