Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So... interior design GP?

Comments

• Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Demongrad wrote: »
    The EP in July: Connect with nature with The Sims 4 Parks! Build the park of your dreams! Walk in it! Take your dog (sold seperately) for a walk! HOT SUMMER!!!!!!!! B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

I think it will be Eco Living 2.0 - build your own reservoir or safari zoo. It will come with an African world or anything non-American or non-European because this will please lots of people even though gameplay's not good. People will be a lot more mild when the game gets to be more inclusive (which is a good thing, don't get me wrong and I really would like an African World, but again: I want gameplay expanding stuff!).
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »
    btw - this isn't received too badly on Twitter because GCs (who mostly build) love it, of course.

We probably should face it: us longtime fans, us life simulation gameplay simmers who started their sims career with TS2/TS3 or even earlier just aren't the target audience of this game anymore.

S2/S3 generation of players are definitely not the target audience anymore, and what's been said/confirmed about TS5 is proof of this.
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    Well...that blows.
  • Options
    skelebeeskelebee Posts: 101 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    We: Cars! Babies! Generations! Farming!

EA: Greta Thunberg simulator 2? :*

We:NO! Fairies! Werewolves! Deeper life stages!

EA: Snowy Japan? :p

We: NOOOOO! Bands! Hotels! Horses! Future/past pack!

EA: Ohhh... got it! Journy to the toilett! B)

We: ARE YOU SERIOUSE? There are like 100000 things we want!!! Dragons! Ava Max! (Yeah, you know who you are) Amusment parks! GENERATIONS!

EA: Yes! Exactly! Build mode for 20 of your local currancy <3

Exactly what I was thinking. Just copying and pasting my post from another thread:

This is not really gameplay expanding.

I am disappointed. It's not a bad idea and I might get it, the idea is nice. But there are so many highly requested features and this just isn't it. I know some people now and then wished for an interior design career like we had in TS3 (this seems to be it). But most people had other requests: hobbies, cars, Generations, active school, bands, better babies, daycare career, werewolves, fairies, update on aliens, romance pack, the list goes on and on.

I don't understand why they just won't give us what we ask for, and I mean all of us. This is - AGAIN - something (almost) nobody asked for. I'd be even happier if it was an occult GP I wouldn't buy anyway because I know many people would have been really hyped. But this?

Another YA/A centered gamepack featuring something which is considered cool right now? Nah. Thinking about not buying it tbh. This game has got to a point where I just don't like it anymore because it doesn't support my playstyle.
    I get this completely. Even though I really enjoyed the TS3 version and would like to see it back, it was not at all at the very top of my list. I’m going to try not to judge too much until more is revealed, I want to think there will be more to it than what it seems. We have gotten freelance careers with stuff packs & free updates, so I have to believe more will be added with a GP.

I have a tiny bit of hope you're right and there IS more to it. The survey featuring an interior design career also featured building a water park, starting a cafe and opening an art gallery and I'd enjoy the variety.

But knowing TS4 this really might just be an interior design career... I'll never forget Get Famous being an EP, this was basically ONE career and the boring fame system that doesn't work well with anything else but the acting career (and this youtube video table thing).

That sounds like such a cool pack omg. Haven't been this excited about TS4 in years (probably since Seasons). I really hope the interior design career is just one part of a big Entrepreneurial pack like this. Water park sounds awesome and I've been wanting to own a functioning cafe in the game for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021
    Well at least that explains the sectional sofa. Im like whatever about this pack if it is interior design. I was kinda hoping for bands or a criminal career. Like everyone else has pointed out, we can basically do this already.

My only question is, what will make this different? Is it going to wow me?
    I would probably not use the career but I do hope the BB at least has more darker hues. Most of our furniture we have now is too bright & colorful for my taste.

I also agree about removing the game changers we do have or at least giving us better ones that actually play the game. The packs always seem to revolve more around builders.
  • Options
    Yes, we definitely NEED gamechangers who actually play the game. I wouldn't remove any, I like most of them, but we NEED GCs who actually PLAY this game.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I love the architect career in sims 3, so this sounds like something i will like. Anyway tomorrow we'll be getting more news so i'll wait to know more...
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    This seems awfully small for a Game Pack. One career for a $20 pack? I would think there'd be about 3 different jobs.

This Interior Design career better be quite EXTENSIVE if it's $20....
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited May 2021
    I hope this means we get nice versatile build/buy, hopefully not too modern looking. I wouldn’t mind a new kitchen counter.

I like the idea of interior design, however it sounds a bit small for an entire GP, but let’s wait and see.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    This pack better have some seriously nice BB!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I think it could be good if they add a bunch of setbacks.
    • We get a lot of rotting/ugly/decrepit furniture and hideous aesthetics for run-down houses
    • We could have to deal with roaches and mice
    • Some of the things you purchase for the house need to be manually installed or repaired
    • You can clean
    • I mean I guess we can do all that in the game already, but
    • What if you can find dragon eggs in abandoned buildings, hatch them and raise dragons to help you demolish things?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    How boring. 😫

Why I am happy the career is back. Im not sure can it be flesh enough to make 20.00 dollars worth it?
  • Options
    How boring. 😫

Why I am happy the career is back. Im not sure can it be flesh enough to make 20.00 dollars worth it?

Exactly. In this Sims 3 Ambitions, this was included with almost 10 other careers. Now, we're paying $20 for 1 job.

I'll hold my judgement until the trailer tomorrow, but there better be more than this one career, or it must be a very complex career to warrant the price.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    It may have only the one career, but I'm expecting a lot of new Build/Buy items, and maybe some other build improvements (painted ceilings? I can only dream)
    And I'm sure it will have other gameplay besides the career. Not sure what that will be, but I'm sure there will be something.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    It may have only the one career, but I'm expecting a lot of new Build/Buy items, and maybe some other build improvements (painted ceilings? I can only dream)
    And I'm sure it will have other gameplay besides the career. Not sure what that will be, but I'm sure there will be something.

I would assume must of the B/B improvements will be base game updates, especially painted ceilings.

I do hope there's more to this pack than just this career. A Hobby system would be nice, with sculpting, pottery, etc.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    edited May 2021

We: ARE YOU SERIOUSE? There are like 100000 things we want!!! Dragons! Ava Max! (Yeah, you know who you are) Amusment parks! GENERATIONS!

Exactly what I was thinking. Just copying and pasting my post from another thread:

I am disappointed. It's not a bad idea and I might get it, the idea is nice. But there are so many highly requested features and this just isn't it. I know some people now and then wished for an interior design career like we had in TS3 (this seems to be it). But most people had other requests: hobbies, cars, Generations, active school, bands, better babies, daycare career, werewolves, fairies, update on aliens, romance pack, the list goes on and on.

I don't understand why they just won't give us what we ask for, and I mean all of us. This is - AGAIN - something (almost) nobody asked for. I'd be even happier if it was an occult GP I wouldn't buy anyway because I know many people would have been really hyped. But this?

Another YA/A centered gamepack featuring something which is considered cool right now? Nah. Thinking about not buying it tbh. This game has got to a point where I just don't like it anymore because it doesn't support my playstyle.
    I get this completely. Even though I really enjoyed the TS3 version and would like to see it back, it was not at all at the very top of my list. I’m going to try not to judge too much until more is revealed, I want to think there will be more to it than what it seems. We have gotten freelance careers with stuff packs & free updates, so I have to believe more will be added with a GP.

I have a tiny bit of hope you're right and there IS more to it. The survey featuring an interior design career also featured building a water park, starting a cafe and opening an art gallery and I'd enjoy the variety.

But knowing TS4 this really might just be an interior design career... I'll never forget Get Famous being an EP, this was basically ONE career and the boring fame system that doesn't work well with anything else but the acting career (and this youtube video table thing).

£29.99? Wow that is old considering they're £34.99 now. :lol:

That does sound good though, if it's something similar then I could see myself enjoying it.
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I can't imagine this pack only has one career in it. People are comparing it to the Stylist career, and didn't that come in the Moschino stuff pack? Paranormal had a whole new career in it, and that was also a stuff pack. Unless they include some massively ambitious new build mode tools, it doesn't seem like enough to fill out a Game Pack. I'm intrigued by the mention of the survey above though - I felt like 'cool' was an odd word to use in relation to a creative pack, but if you can build water parks, that would make sense, and go along with their 'summer theme'. Maybe in the career, you start out doing up rooms and houses, but when you get to the higher levels you can start building new lot types or civil engineering projects.

Like I say, I'm expecting more than just the career in the reveal tomorrow, and if it is just that I'll probably be very disappointed.
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I'm actually on the verge of giving up on the Sims 4 by now.

Can we just get some gameplay that can be used for our Sims' everyday lives. Is that really too much to ask for?

I can't remember a single person asking for an interior design pack.

Thank you. I feel the same. But I'd be really sad if you gave up modding, your mods are the best.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited May 2021
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I can't imagine this pack only has one career in it. People are comparing it to the Stylist career, and didn't that come in the Moschino stuff pack? Paranormal had a whole new career in it, and that was also a stuff pack. Unless they include some massively ambitious new build mode tools, it doesn't seem like enough to fill out a Game Pack. I'm intrigued by the mention of the survey above though - I felt like 'cool' was an odd word to use in relation to a creative pack, but if you can build water parks, that would make sense, and go along with their 'summer theme'. Maybe in the career, you start out doing up rooms and houses, but when you get to the higher levels you can start building new lot types or civil engineering projects.

Like I say, I'm expecting more than just the career in the reveal tomorrow, and if it is just that I'll probably be very disappointed.

We've already seen sectionals are likely coming. The tech for that is likely being funded by the budget for this GP. Bunkbeds might have been too. Maybe other Buy mode tech is being added with this pack (potential use later).
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member

Can we just get some gameplay that can be used for our Sims' everyday lives. Is that really too much to ask for?

Big words. I totally agree with you and if bienchen leaves the sims, surely I will too. I couldn't live without his mods.
  • Options
    Build&Buy has got so much by now. All of this BB stuff will probably be cool, but it won't be gameplay.
  • Options

You're right. But if you leave i'll leave cause i can only play with your whimsoverhaul mod 😢
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Reedfish wrote: »

We've already seen sectionals are likely coming. The tech for that is likely being funded by the budget for this GP. Bunkbeds might have been too. Maybe other Buy mode tech is being added with this pack (potential use later).

Wouldn’t most of that BB be base game though? I’d be surprised if they pay walled a big BB feature behind a $20 pack.
  • Options

Wait! Real estate empire? Buying and selling homes? Buying an additional home? I want this so much!