Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is in the 5th trait slot?

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited May 2021

This is not related to the new trait slot, it's from the "Story Mode"

Oh, okay. I never use story mode, I just happened to see it when I went in.
    I still think "hobby" though.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    They said they’ll talk about it in the next Inside Maxis on May 25, is it possible they announce the next EP/GP on or before then, and that slot has something to do with a new pack?
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    They said they’ll talk about it in the next Inside Maxis on May 25, is it possible they announce the next EP/GP on or before then, and that slot has something to do with a new pack?

The new GP will be announced tomorrow, they just published on Twitter

Also, I don't think it's pack related, as Inside Maxis only covers base game features.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member

Also, I don't think it's pack related, as Inside Maxis only covers base game features.

Don't they cover paid content that has already been announced? They did say that Inside Maxis wasn't the right place for content announcement
  • Options
    ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member

Don't they cover paid content that has already been announced? They did say that Inside Maxis wasn't the right place for content announcement

Didn't they just go through the new courtyard kit in the livestream this week? If the new GP is releasing next Tuesday, I'd guess the livestream that day is where they're going to advertise and explore it.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    The thing is, on the livestream screenshots, it shows you can choose this trait. The top one that branches off the aspiration honeycomb automatically chooses for you, so I wonder if it's just another trait you can choose this time, or something completely different.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I would love a Werewolf trait. Yes Please. B)<3
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

Where's that from?
  • Options
    BookBearBookBear Posts: 488 Member
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

Where's that from?

Photoshop :wink:
    Offering free hugs for your time of need.
    8763f1fcdeee963323782673c8c95eee.gif
  • Options
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

Where's that from?

I apologize . One of my bad jokes. o:)

It's just me trying to manifest werewolves into this game...
  • Options
    KodaFromSpaceKodaFromSpace Posts: 9 New Member
    > @Kironide said:
    > I agree with your comment, but both Zodiac signs and Jung's personality types could just be considered archetypes i.e. a convenient way to summarise a personality, because humans like to generalise.

I still don't want anything that limits my sims' personalities though. Especially when it's stuff I don't believe in astrology or the psychodynamic approach to psychology (i.e. Freud and Jung) mainly because their theories or "findings" are not backed up by any scientific evidence, just pure subjective inferences with little to no case studies to provide support either.

I want to choose 3 traits for my sims that don't group them into a personality type - it would just restrict my sims' personalities.
  • Options
    KironideKironide Posts: 804 Member
    Fair enough!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I'ld love if it is zodiac sign but even more if it's fears.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

Occult state is located in a different place, and I doubt they'd move that into a trait. There's the sim bio where it would be better displayed (and it already is to some degree - spellcaster ranks shows in the bio).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited May 2021
    I really hope it's not a slot for a Sim's favorite architectural style.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I'm guessing this trait does not have anything to do with the new Game Pack? I don't see how it could connect with Interior Design.
    Unless it is a hobby trait/ interest trait. And if it is, why is there only one hobby trait? People have lots of hobbies/ interests.
  • Options
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

Occult state is located in a different place, and I doubt they'd move that into a trait. There's the sim bio where it would be better displayed (and it already is to some degree - spellcaster ranks shows in the bio).

It was a joke. A bad one. I'm really good at bad ones.
    I know where occults go in this game. ;)

As for the actual trait slot. I think it could be:
    • Fear.
    • Favourite Colour.
    • "Zodiac", which I believe needs an additional attraction system.
    • Favourite Hat. :p

• Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited May 2021
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

• Fear.
      Favourite Colour.

Favorite color would definitely make sense with a Design Pack.
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    I really hope it's not a slot for aSim'sfavorite architectural style.

Same haha
    But I don't see why it would be a base game thing if the career is exclusive to the gamepack.

(i'm sweating)
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    For me, the trait is not about GP but about Expansion, so it will be included for the Base game.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    This:

Werewolf-Slot.jpg

• Fear.
    • Favourite Colour.

My preferred hat is air. There's usually a hairy accessory that goes underneath it, though. :tongue:
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    Favorite color for use in the (possibly) interior design GP and a later added chemistry system. Sims in the presence of their favorite color will gain a moodlet and do a wacky idle animation before doing anything else (I hope that last part isn't true!).

The icon placement opens the possibility to ad more categories in a ring around the aspiration icon.
  • Options
    fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    SimmerJTA wrote: »
    I was thinking zodiac signs as well but seeing how it's closer to the aspiration slot and not the traits I changed my mind about it (not sure if that really matters lol just a thought) I hope whatever it is, that it adds some depth to our sims.

It's not highlighted in gold though, like the trait connected to the aspiration is. Maybe it's just a tidy/ balanced place to put it design wise so it could be anything.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited May 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    There was something in the summer line-up about pride and a block party. So maybe this extra trait slot might be part of that for attraction trait.
    ETA: Also check out the sim's top that she's wearing in the pic above. The top that she has on has a rainbow pattern in the lower right flank area.

Isn't that something we can already assign in CAS when creating a sim?
    Yes! And I also remember that there being a shirt with full rainbow pattern on it in CAS as well. It's not uncommon for SimGurus to use something that's already in the game to hint a new gameplay or something new in CAS, or new contents. Look at SimGuruNinja's swimming pool GIF that they dropped just before Courtyard Oasis got released. SimGuruNinja used that to hint the release of Courtyard Oasis.