Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

News tomorow (17th May)

Comments

• Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Just tell us so we can deicide to buy or not. We are not all children playing this game. I wish they would get rid of the social media update thing. Thats all my sim does is update social media. At this point I am just waiting for Fall Out 6 to drop. Jmo
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    sunman502 wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Do you think that they finally reveal the name of the next Game Pack in the Inside Maxis stream tomorrow? So far all we have on the next Game Pack that it's suppose to have a new creative career in it. I hope so because now I'm curious as to what this new Pack is, and what it's name is.

No paid content info in Inside Maxis streams, so they won't be saying anything about the pack. At best, we might be able to make some educated guesses based on whatever base game previews they give us.

I'm expecting a teaser on Wednesday at this point.
    Well that bites! I was looking forward to seeing what the GP is about and what it's going to be called. Can't win them all! So I guess that all we can hope for is a teaser on Wednesday then.

Well that's disappointing.
    I agree there CLP, it was very disappointing. But no one needs to apologize since I did ask for OP's on this.
  • Options
    Jewels20Jewels20 Posts: 79 Member
    If it was fairies or werewolves I think they would have said “mystical” instead of “nature” but if by nature they mean growing plants and talking to trees I think I will just...walk away at that point. But I’m pretty sure ecoliving already has nature related stuff. I don’t have that pack. This pack has to have animals.
  • Options
    Jewels20 wrote: »
    If it was fairies or werewolves I think they would have said “mystical” instead of “nature” but if by nature they mean growing plants and talking to trees I think I will just...walk away at that point. But I’m pretty sure ecoliving already has nature related stuff. I don’t have that pack. This pack has to have animals.
    I agree with the fact that if it were occult related. I would think that they would have said mystical rather than nature. Another Simmer had said that they were thinking a Zoo themed Pack. And I agree with that, it does sound more like a Zoo themed Pack. Because some zoo employees do bond with the animal that they are charged with caring for.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Some zoos do amazing conservation work but I still don't think 'nature' when I think of either farming or zoos. It'll be interesting to find out! I'm hoping it's something I can enjoy because I won't be too interested in a band pack personally, if that's what the gp is.
  • Options
    I agree with the fact that if it were occult related. I would think that they would have said mystical rather than nature. Another Simmer had said that they were thinking a Zoo themed Pack. And I agree with that, it does sound more like a Zoo themed Pack. Because some zoo employees do bond with the animal that they are charged with caring for.

Yes! I am pretty sure I wasn’t the first to think of the idea, but I mentioned a zoo in the poll post. People mention charming and think of fairytales, and that could be, but charming can also mean cute and pleasant. Charming and nature together are two tricky words at a hint so it’s really just a toss up at this point...
  • Options
    CelSims wrote: »
    Some zoos do amazing conservation work but I still don't think 'nature' when I think of either farming or zoos. It'll be interesting to find out! I'm hoping it's something I can enjoy because I won't be too interested in a band pack personally, if that's what the gp is.
    There's also nature preserves too. So maybe this EP is about nature preserves rather than zoos. But like you said, it will be interesting to find out. ;)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Yes! I am pretty sure I wasn’t the first to think of the idea, but I mentioned a zoo in the poll post. People mention charming and think of fairytales, and that could be, but charming can also mean cute and pleasant. Charming and nature together are two tricky words at a hint so it’s really just a toss up at this point...

OOOO snake charming! With an Arabian world, genies and new foods.
  • Options

OOOO snake charming! With an Arabian world, genies and new foods.

That makes sense given the kit pack, but where is the nature part...they seem to really focus on “charming” and “nature” together. A guru said a lot of us will be happy so it has to be something in high demand. I’m so excited to find out.

• Options
    Now bond with nature does sound like a fairy based Pack to me because in many stories about fairies, the fairies do bond with nature.
  • Options
    BacallingBacalling Posts: 2 New Member
    My first thought was some kind of pastoral cottage core aesthetic. That's sort of combining nature with farming, and I suppose you could add in wildlife or even fairies.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    I'm hoping the bonding with nature is a reference to either animals, or some type of nature we don't have. We already have so much of the environmentalist stuff in game I don't think we need any more. I'm really hoping it isn't some cottage themed thing based on charming though, as again we already have so much of that in game. I recently made a cottage build, and I wasn't lacking for items at all. We need something new and fresh, I'm really hoping for a world based outside of Europe/North America in this case with some different items and architecture style and actual reusable gameplay. Don't want to get my hopes up though... Hopefully we'll find out soonish! (Or hope for a leak, lol.)
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    4:20PM edited 4:20PM
    As much as I love ts4 their pack descriptions always sound so utterly boring. Bond with nature?!
    How about ride on the back of a dragon as you explore galactic universes?
    Fight of hordes of zombies sim style and rescue survivors?
    Explore the secret life of mermaids in an underwater adventure?
    Put together the best dance group or band to receive first place in competitions?
    Go through generations as you bond with the little ones teaching them bike riding, building tree houses, skateboarding and much more?
    I could go on and on but no point because I guess I'll just bond with nature😅😅😅

I believe they are trying to be vague to inspire speculation, but still mentioning something about the pack that is appropriate to the theme.

E.G. Farming as a theme: The main theme hints might be too obvious, so perhaps "charming" and "bonding with nature" are hints about the world?
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited May 2021
    netney52 wrote: »

I agree I’m getting bored of not being told anything on upcoming packs. I would rather what we had 2 years ago and knowing the themes of the packs all this secrecy is annoying. So much for transparency 😞

I have to ask..... why? How can you be bored of something you're not even aware of? Why not just play the game as it is and if you don't like it, go and do something else until a pack is released you do like? I'm not directing this question just to you, but also to others who feel they simply MUST know what packs are coming out :)

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited May 2021

I agree I’m getting bored of not being told anything on upcoming packs. I would rather what we had 2 years ago and knowing the themes of the packs all this secrecy is annoying. So much for transparency 😞

I have to ask..... why? How can you be bored of something you're not even aware of? Why not just play the game as it is and if you don't like it, go and do something else until a pack is released you do like? I'm not directing this question just to you, but also to others who feel they simply MUST know what packs are coming out :)

Just because I & others are bothered by the way these gurus are being secretive over the next packs doesn’t mean we are bored of the game or don’t like it. I actually like the sims 4.

Some are just tired of the way the gurus toy with us when it comes to their marketing strategies. Probably what bothers me the most is that everything is always announced on Twitter or IG rather then their official forums here.

I don’t think I MUST know but I would like to know what’s actually coming to the game especially since I’ve devoted not only a lot of money into this game but also a lot of my time & dedication to supporting this franchise.

I like to prepare my sims for whatever the next theme is & revolve the story I’ve built for them around that, even if it’s a theme I won’t care for because I will most likely buy it anyway.
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Justin wrote: »

Just because I & others are bothered by the way these gurus are being secretive over the next packs doesn’t mean we are bored of the game or don’t like it. I actually like the sims 4.

Some are just tired of the way the gurus toy with us when it comes to their marketing strategies. Probably what bothers me the most is that everything is always announced on Twitter or IG rather then their official forums here.

I don’t think I MUST know but I would like to know what’s actually coming to the game especially since I’ve devoted not only a lot of money into this game but also a lot of my time & dedication to supporting this franchise.

I like to prepare my sims for whatever the next theme is & revolve the story I’ve built for them around that, even if it’s a theme I won’t care for because I will most likely buy it anyway.

Ah ok. If you're invested in your sims lives it makes sense and I can see how you may want to take them in the direction of new pack content.

Twitter is such a cesspit I agree it would be nicer if content was announced here alongside other platforms, especially as it is the main game forum for chatter.

I don't think the gurus toy with the community but stuff is definitely teased which I think makes it more fun. Maybe with social media now people just want to know content immediately whereas before social media was a thing we all just had to wait patiently to find out, maybe get flyers in the disc cases.

apple-signature.png
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    taffy550 wrote: »
    Just tell us so we can deicide to buy or not. We are not all children playing this game. I wish they would get rid of the social media update thing. Thats all my sim does is update social media. At this point I am just waiting for Fall Out 6 to drop. Jmo

Does you sim have the Outgoing trait, or another social trait? I think it's related to that.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Interesting.....

And fashion/modeling does fit with creative
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Interesting.....

And fashion/modeling does fit with creative

I feel like this could be quite similar to the Style Influencer career though, we already have jobs like ‘Fashion Figure’ and ‘Wardrobe Wiz’.
  • Options
    Plus sims freeplay has modeling. And they called it "cool" and I know before they had some kinda video with a kpop star with sims going down a catwalk? I'm staring to think it's fashion for sure.
  • Options
    I could see myself having fun with it because I enjoy moschino but I wouldn't be thrilled if it turns out to be fashion as that kind of stuff is not my main playstyle😬😬
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Hell no to a fashion pack. I'd be up for fashion after we get much more important stuff. As it stands, fashion has already been explored (albeit only in small aspects) while we're 7 years into the game and still missing a ton of instruments. It's been four years since we last got a new instrument type, and it was just a reskim of the piano.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    ❤️❤️❤️❤️ no to a fashion pack. I'd be up for fashion after we get much more important stuff. As it stands, fashion has already been explored (albeit only in small aspects) while we're 7 years into the game and still missing a ton of instruments. It's been four years since we last got a new instrument type, and it was just a reskim of the piano.

Totally! We need more instruments. Bass - Drum - Sax at a minimum and after that they can expand. Rock bands would be great. My sim is a street musician who is forced to be a soloist due to lack of content.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I hope its a burglar career with different heist gigs.