Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has the “slide over in bed” thing been fixed yet?

I wanna put a double bed against a wall and have 2 Sims sleep together in this bed. Will one Sim slide over so the other Sim can get in the bed, too? If it’s possible, how do I do this?

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    It isn't possible unless Maxis updates it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

So yet another thing they have either forgotten about or decided it was too difficult to fix? Smh
  • Options
    figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    The slide over is working for me when I have a double bed placed with one side against the wall. However, it's not possible for my Sims to Woohoo on such bed.
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've never had it work once for me. Apparently they only do it if you set the bed and click on the auto resolve sleep need button
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    It works in my game. You need to assign each bedside to your sims. Then you need to get the sim sleeping by the wall to use the bed, nap or relax, even sleep. They will get into the bed in the open side of the bed. Then you can click on the other side of the bed and ask them to sleep there and they will scoot over. It also works if you ask the other sim to sleep and when they will move to enter the bed the sim sleeping will move to their side against the wall. Once they are both in bed you can get them to woohoo. I'll try to make a video when I will go in game but I don't know how to capture the commands.
  • Options
    figgy wrote: »
    The slide over is working for me when I have a double bed placed with one side against the wall. However, it's not possible for my Sims to Woohoo on such bed.

How?
    Onverser wrote: »
    I've never had it work once for me. Apparently they only do it if you set the bed and click on the auto resolve sleep need button

I never, ever use the auto resolve button. I totally forgot it existed. I'll try it.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    It works in my game. You need to assign each bedside to your sims. Then you need to get the sim sleeping by the wall to use the bed, nap or relax, even sleep. They will get into the bed in the open side of the bed. Then you can click on the other side of the bed and ask them to sleep there and they will scoot over. It also works if you ask the other sim to sleep and when they will move to enter the bed the sim sleeping will move to their side against the wall. Once they are both in bed you can get them to woohoo. I'll try to make a video when I will go in game but I don't know how to capture the commands.

I will try it.

I'll let you all know if any of these work for me.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

So yet another thing they have either forgotten about or decided it was too difficult to fix? Smh

It happens randomly for me. Even when clicking auto-solve for the sleep need. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.
  • Options

My sims rarely scoot over when I tell them. The interaction just quietly leaves the queue. And if I tell the second sim to enter the bed, he'll wave his hands like something's blocking him from entering. The sim in the bed continues sleeping without moving over.

I wonder why this feature is so inconsistent?
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »

My sims rarely scoot over when I tell them. The interaction just quietly leaves the queue. And if I tell the second sim to enter the bed, he'll wave his hands like something's blocking him from entering. The sim in the bed continues sleeping without moving over.

I wonder why this feature is so inconsistent?

It used to be consistent. In the past you just click on the side of the bed and they will sleep on the side you cliked on. I always have my bed on the sides at that time because I love it as a space saving feature. However it got broken by a patch Y E A R S ago and never got fixed
  • Options
    Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    figgy wrote: »

This here. "Wall beds" prevent woohoo for me too.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

@Chazzzy Here's a clip. Sorry can't capture the commands and dialogues. First he was naping and she woke him up. Then I got her to nap on her side of the bed. As you can see she got into bed and assumed the relax position for a bit but it was just the step she took to get into her side of the bed. She will do the same when getting out of bed. You need to get the one sleeping by the wall into the bed first. I think it's important for them to know which side of the bed they are assigned to otherwise they will just remain on whatever side of the bed they got on.

https://imgur.com/WTk1qZY
  • Options
    matheus_mar_1999matheus_mar_1999 Posts: 105 Member
    It only works for me when I use the auto solve button, otherwise they don't sleep on wall side.
  • Options
    BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    My sims have been able to do this on PS4, I put a sim on the right. The left is on a wall, so I set my other sim to nap there, once they slide over, I put them to sleep. This works every time, but clicking sleep does not.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I just saw it today randomly. A sim I invited over happened to do it while I was barely paying attention.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Auto solve needs hardly ever works for me
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    So it will be fixed in the next patch.... Awesome.
  • Options

Who said that?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,885 Member

Who said that?

They showed it in the stream today.
  • Options

Who said that?

Sweet!
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Who said that?

IT'S BEEN 84 YEARS FINALLYYYY *Insert Happy Crying Emoji Here* I've been Waiting for this!!!!
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

Who said that?

IT'S BEEN 84 YEARS FINALLYYYY *Insert Happy Crying Emoji Here* I've been Waiting for this!!!!

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(