Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

GAH! Help needed with CAW again! 😂

Sorry for the newbishness. So I'm sort of obsessive when it comes to organization. I had to delete and recreate a lot on the world I'm working on but now that lot is listed at the bottom of the list of lots instead of by it's neighbors. Any way to move lots up and down in the list? My eye is twitching so bad I might just have to recreate the whole neighborhood 🤪

Comments

• Options
    KatyFernlilyKatyFernlily Posts: 738 Member
    To find things in CAW just right click and then "find in render panel." I don't think you can change the order of lots in the list. It goes by the order they are made.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    When I begin a world I generally create a "lots" folder, within that folder I will create sub-folders for each neighborhood to keep lots together. For example if I have a world that will be made up of a rural area, a seaport, downtown, and a government area each of these will become the different sub-folders within the "lots" main folder this way each lot is kept with its neighbors. If I need to delete the lot for some reason as long as that particular folder is active the lot will remain within its group. If the folder is not active when I create the new lot you can still move it to its appropriate sub-folder.......hope this makes sense
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    AbellaKellaherAbellaKellaher Posts: 852 Member
    flstrider wrote: »
    When I begin a world I generally create a "lots" folder, within that folder I will create sub-folders for each neighborhood to keep lots together. For example if I have a world that will be made up of a rural area, a seaport, downtown, and a government area each of these will become the different sub-folders within the "lots" main folder this way each lot is kept with its neighbors. If I need to delete the lot for some reason as long as that particular folder is active the lot will remain within its group. If the folder is not active when I create the new lot you can still move it to its appropriate sub-folder.......hope this makes sense

It makes PERFECT sense, thank you so much for that info!