Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Summery of the livestream so you don't waste your time

ReclusiveEagleReclusiveEagle Posts: 86 Member
On Saturday they teased an announcement on Monday. Monday they announced the stream on Tuesday (Today).
During the stream they announced a new announcement on May 6... :|

They also "announced" that there was a new patch.. with new hair (That we have seen for the past month)
Then they announced that there will be a new Game Pack and Kit within the next few weeks...

Don't waste your life watching the 5 min stream "full of announcements" where the announcements were of stuff we already knew and to announce more announcements after they announced the steam after teasing an announcement to the stream. Like MY GOD
Eagle.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sorry but I enjoyed the live stream. If you feel it's a waste of time for you sorry....
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Sorry but I enjoyed the live stream. If you feel it's a waste of time for you sorry....

That's great....
    Eagle.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Next patch will include updated hairs (including the afro), six new hair colour swatches, and about a dozen new eye presets, sounds good to me!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    filipomel wrote: »
    Next patch will include updated hairs (including the afro), six new hair colour swatches, and about a dozen new eye presets, sounds good to me!

New hair came out today
    Eagle.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    They officially announced six new hair colours, two new hairstyles, and sixteen new eye presets. We also got to see what those new swatches are actually going to look like.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    filipomel wrote: »

That patch came out today

Today's patch only includes 1 new hairstyle, 1 hairstyle update, changes to UI and bug fixes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    kaanvardar99kaanvardar99 Posts: 134 Member
    It's like announception. :D

Anyways, every stuff they shtowed us wasn't new btw, all the sneak peek stuff was the stuff we already know except the gamepack and the a new kit.

After Batuu and RoM my expectations are not to high for gamepacks but wondering the kit tho. They said "pretty" on stream so it will be about CAS or B&B i guess.
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member

Anyways, every stuff they shtowed us wasn't new btw, all the sneak peek stuff was the stuff we already know except the gamepack and the a new kit.

After Batuu and RoM my expectations are not to high for gamepacks but wondering the kit tho. They said "pretty" on stream so it will be about CAS or B&B i guess.

The new Kit will probably be about sectional seating. Why else wouldn't they mention it in the stream today? That's my suspicion...
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    bixters wrote: »

The new Kit will probably be about sectional seating. Why else wouldn't they mention it in the stream today? That's my suspicion...

The Sims 4 Sectional Sofas Kit

Why include it in a free update when we can charge players $7?!
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »

The Sims 4 Sectional Sofas Kit

Why include it in a free update when we can charge players $7?!

LOL that's why SimguruPopcorn was saying it was so amazing....
  • Options
    nasch_katzenasch_katze Posts: 193 Member
    edited April 2021
    Given how meaty Paranormal Stuff Pack was, I'm expecting the next GP (and all of the future SP and GP to some extent) to be meaty too :D
    This was a pretty light update, only two new hairs, but it's good for representation. Just would have liked more.. Substantial gameplay updates.

And they showed us this mystery "trait" slot again in one screencap but it wasn't there on the others, definitely teasing something here
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,731 Member
    edited April 2021
    I thought the livestream was fine, it's nice to see the developers give us live updates. I'm not happy that we have so many bugs right now but I am not going to dismiss the fact that they do keep us updated and are doing these livestreams.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    It's amazing how some folks get there hopes up over a livestream. EA at this point is all talk with little or nothing to back it up. I swear only a dozen folks are working on the Sims.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,980 Member
    I enjoyed it. The chat comments were an extra bonus! 😄

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,015 Member
    I like SimGuru Popcorn :) I have watched lots of her streams :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I thought the livestream was fine, it's nice to see the developers give us live updates. I'm not happy that we have so many bugs right now but I am not going to dismiss the fact that they do keep us updated and are doing these livestreams.

It's amazing how immersed they are with their fan-base and still manage to keep their sanity. I always wanted to be a game dev, but can't say that I'd want to be directly involved with the players, or even a social media presence in general.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

It's amazing how immersed they are with their fan-base and still manage to keep their sanity. I always wanted to be a game dev, but can't say that I'd want to be directly involved with the players, or even a social media presence in general.

Well, players are over waiting for them to actually fix the bugs they keep introducing when they patch the game every month. There are some seriously game breaking bugs, like the cooking one. They're more than mere annoyances. So don't be a dev that changes the UI needlessly and ignore major bugs.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    What about the calendar and the new trait slot? Any word on that? I couldn't watch the livestream...
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    So I guess that's your announcement about the announcement, then.....
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    texxx78 wrote: »
    What about the calendar and the new trait slot? Any word on that? I couldn't watch the livestream...

The new slot was visible when they were showing the new colors. It had a question mark there.
  • Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited April 2021

Out of all gaming communities, the Sims is by far the most toxic. It's why I avoid anything to do with the Sims on Twitter.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    I didn't watch the lifestream but I read the patch notes for today and it appears that the two hairstyles they added are just updates of current hairstyles. So the live stream includes items planned for subsequent patches I assume?
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    aaronjc123 wrote: »

Out of all gaming communities, the Sims is by far the most toxic. It's why I avoid anything to do with the Sims on Twitter.

Rockstar Games posted something on Twitter one time about a dev that passed. Something like "We are deeply saddened by the passing of our dev" or sound engineer or something I can't remember, and it was like "Omg who cares GTA 6 WHEN?" On a genuine post about somebody that worked there and passed.

That would be this community 100%, only "Omg fix the bugs!" They were doing it to genuine posts about black history month or pride month. There's places to report bugs and places to vent your frustration. Those types of posts arn't one of them.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member

Yeah, the devs absolutely should never accept any food or whatever from fans, there’d probably be a needle in it if this fandom is as bad as Undertale’s.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Rockstar Games posted something on Twitter one time about a dev that passed. Something like "We are deeply saddened by the passing of our dev" or sound engineer or something I can't remember, and it was like "Omg who cares GTA 6 WHEN?" On a genuine post about somebody that worked there and passed.

That would be this community 100%, only "Omg fix the bugs!" They were doing it to genuine posts about black history month or pride month. There's places to report bugs and places to vent your frustration. Those types of posts arn't one of them.

Twitter is toxic in general.

I don't know why some of you act like it's just The Sims fans who are toxic. There are toxic people in any fandom. There are Selena Gomez fans sending death threats to Demi Lovato as we speak. All fandoms have toxic people in them.

Am I justifying their toxicity? No. But humans aren't perfect, so this shouldn't be a surprise.

So please, stop trying to act like the sims community is SO toxic, when that's really just how social media is in general. I hate to break it to you, but when people are under an anonymous accounts online, they act stupid! It happens in any fandom.