Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What type of sims player are you?

Comments

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    Legacy / Family Player
    Buuuut also a builder and completionist.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    Storyteller
    I'm a storyteller but I don't start out with one in mind and I try to avoid driving it in a specific way. What I do is plop a family down with a general idea of what I think they're like, but I let the game's little bouts of randomness and the AI's occasional deep nudge the direction things go.
  • Options
    sofiathesimheadsofiathesimhead Posts: 12 New Member
    Deviant
    I am totally a Deviant! When I first started playing the sims I made two sims that were roommates, got them to be husband and wife, and they had 2 boys. At this stage, I practically was forcing myself to play just so the money I spent on it didn’t go to waste because it was way too peaceful and just bleh 🤢. I decided to abandon that household and make one full of drama and have never looked back since then !
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Laid-back
    Mostly laid-Back Generational Roleplayer/Storyteller (the only one I'm telling a story to is myself), with occasional forrays into Builder. I don't replace everything, but I'm not shy about changing things up when I want/need to.
  • Options
    wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    I'm definitely a generational/Storyteller/Roleplayer, of course I'm telling the story to myself and friends that end up hearing my rants! :D
    I always have been.

I tend to avoid building and only do it when I HAVE to because I am not good at it in the slightest! :s
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    Laid-back
    I am laid-back but also a rotational storyteller
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Other- I’m a mixture of a lot of the list with the exception of challenges. My main save started as my simself. It’s now a legacy, rotational save with family and non-family gameplay with some occult too for some households. I am also a builder as well in my build save and when a pack comes out the first thing I do is build the lots I want. The only aspects I don’t really do is challenges (tried them not my thing) and spending hours in cas.
  • Options
    zoldos9zoldos9 Posts: 53 Member
    Laid-back
    I'm a laid back player. I don't play every day, and when I do play, it's only for a bit. I have I think 3 families currently. :)
    ~Z~
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    Rotational
    Best description for myself would be a rotational player. I create my own Sims, and leave the premade Sims alone. I create different families, and have more than one save file in my game.
    I don't know if this would be considered storyteller, or not, but I have a different worlds in each save file I made.
    One is based on the Sims I created for Sims 2, I never played the premades, and have at least three of those families remade for Sims 4.
    Two save files are a mixture of my own Sims I created, and ones from fandoms that I like together. I rotate between them.
    One save file I rotate between I made all the Sims for which is "frozen" where I make them canon, semi-canon, AU, etc. I also use this save file to test out any new packs I buy as well . So, this is my most played one. I call it my Frozen file, but as a continue almost like a legacy, I will try to change each generation. I named two in--game born Sims Hiccup and Astrid, who I may try to pair up.
    Another save file is just two families, where the mother's are sisters, and I am maxing out their Road to fame career. One sister is further ahead. This might be more considered my legacy save file as well.
    My final save is making Sims based on Harry Potter,and like the Frozen one, there are AU, canon, and semi-canon Sims for it. I have made the main trio as toddlers in it so far.
    Is there a CAS player, because I feel that I use that more, and just release my chaos into the game. But yeah, overall, rotational player is more my style because I have so many Sims I make to play with.
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    Rotational
    When having to choose just one: I'm a rotational. But actually I'm combination of a rotational, a builder and a legacy/family player. I have many families/households that I play rotationally.
    I like to play different families/households in different worlds and in different houses or apartments. I would get bored if I would play only one family (and only in one house or apartment). I enjoy the variety.

I love building and I'm replacing most of the lots with my own creations or I redecorate/modify the existing lots to my own versions.

I'm a family player: I don't play actually legacies, but I'm growing my families to have many generations, though it takes quite long time because of playing rotationally so many families :blush:
    I also have few single sim households: it's nice to have a little break from family playing every once in a while to focus just one sim. But those are also part of my rotation. Many of my sims from my rotation are related or are friends, so they interact with each other a lot :smile:
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    Laid-back
    I definitely like to create my own Sims, almost exclusively. I did get one from the gallery as a daughter tho. hehe
    ~Z~
  • Options
    Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I'm a rotational person who builds a story from what happens in my gameplay. Given that other than the Calientes and the Goths are the only families that interested me, I'm now a Colonist.
  • Options
    Laid-back
    Lady_Earth wrote: »
    I'm a rotational person who builds a story from what happens in my gameplay. Given that other than the Calientes and the Goths are the only families that interested me, I'm now a Colonist.

What's a colonist?
    ~Z~
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,095 Member
    Builder
    @GirlFromIpanema I like your Holly and Cat.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    zoldos9 wrote: »

What's a colonist?

A colonist replaces all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations.
  • Options
    Laid-back

What's a colonist?

A colonist replaces all sims currently prepopulated in the world with their own creations.

I didn't think that was possible. How do you do that?
    ~Z~
  • Options
    Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    Builder
    I’m multiple Sim Player Types. I’m almost all from the List, lol :D
    Builder – I love to create my own custom world, I also tend to build and create more rather than playing
    Colonist – The same, I love to create my custom sims
    Role-Player – I always roleplay all my sims according to their backstory
    Storyteller – Each sim and building I made has their own backstory, i love to design different characters and stories
    Laid-Back – I always use the money cheat so I can easily buy all the stuff I need, and sometimes other cheats like advance skill level or career level, I use what I need to represent my story
    Rotational – I tend to get bored if I get stuck playing with the same family over and over, I alternate between families so I never get bored
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Role-player
    I'm a mix of these three
    - Laid Back
    - Role Player
    - Storyteller

But I ended up choosing Role Player since I almost always play a Sim that represents me in some way. Whether she's my official Simself or an OC that's based off me to a degree, personality wise. It just enhances my gameplay so much more when I can relate to one of my Sims.

I nearly picked Laid Back since I'm always using cheats, mods, and cc as I feel fit. Although I typically only use cheats to give my Sims enough money to start out comfortably in a decent/nice house (ie no starter homes) and so they don't need a career right away. Unless they're supposed to be rich, depending on the story I want to tell. In that case, I give them a lot. And I also use MCCC + a number randomizer to set their "starting" skills at different levels depending where they are in their life story-wise. It just doesn't seem realistic to me to have every sim have the same skill level when I start out I playing them.

And I'd consider myself a bit of a story teller as well, because I write in real life (not professionally or anything) and many of my characters end up on Sims one way or another, or are created as a result of me messing around on Sims. And because I also play with a lot of fandom based Sims and I'm in a way, creating my own fanfiction. (Which I do write in real life along with paranormal romance.) I also love giving my Sims backstories and creating plots for them to guide my playstyle. Although I don't always stick to my original plan, since I like to let my Sims act on their own accord as well.

I wouldn't call myself a colonizer since I don't replace the premades, but I do them makeovers.
  • Options

What's a colonist?

First of all, I kicked out most of the Sims that were already in homes and replaced them with Sims of my own. You can even replace the current townies with your own if you follow this video.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Storyteller
    Mostly when I play it's to achieve a family or neighborhood storyline. I don't write or share these with anyone but I always have a goal. If it isn't a story then I'm completing an aspiration or career. All of my sims have families so I'm legacy/rotational too, all of them get pretty extensive with 5+ sims nd multiple generations, then I have to create a new save because I have 0 self control and all my families marry each other and become inter related 🤣 But when I want to achieve the storyline more than I want to play, I cheat. So I can be a laid back player too.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited April 2021
    Legacy / Family Player
    I originally started my Cole family six years ago, but never continued that specific one until recently. Now the family of 8(split into three households, though I only focus on one) is getting ready to become a family of 12 with the impending arrival of Ryder and Karsyn Cole's second set of twins!

Here's the family lineup of the whole family:
    Ryan* and Katherine Cole - Founders
    Madison(daughter) and Brett Covington
    Ryder(son) and Karsyn Cole

Brett and Madison's Children:
    Rebekah Covington - granddaughter (Teenager)
    Ryan* Covington - granddaughter (Child, grandpa Ryan's namesake)

Ryder and Karsyn's Children:
    Tristan Cole - grandson (Toddler, Twin-A)
    Raegan Cole - granddaughter (Toddler, Twin-B)
    Logan Cole - grandson (not born yet, Twin-A)
    Lyndon Cole- grandson (not born yet, Twin-B)

ETA: Does this answer your question? ;)
    XhFblx6.png
    Post edited by HillyBeth on
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Woohoo hound / partyer:
    Does changing every male townie into female count towards colonist simmers, I mean they have technically been replaced.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Completionist/Challenger
    I am also a deviant
    and family player
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    deeminsdeemins Posts: 1 New Member
    Legacy / Family Player
    a mix of family, deviant and laid back player i guess
  • Options
    Laid-back

What's a colonist?

First of all, I kicked out most of the Sims that were already in homes and replaced them with Sims of my own. You can even replace the current townies with your own if you follow this video.

k, thanks!
    ~Z~