Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So Knitting is dead.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    I only have pregnant sims knit. I do it so they can get a bit more money before the baby comes.
    I have seen some sims cancel out the knitting and claim they can't sit, but I just tell them to do it again and they usually do. Sometimes it's because a coffee table is placed too close to the couch.
    I love the rocking chair, but I never use it anymore because everyone would gravitate towards it. Including children who I tell to do their homework. It's bad enough that I have to tell them numerous times not to do their homework on the couch or on a bed. I wish chairs could be assigned like beds can. Then I could say, "That's mom's rocking chair" or that's dad's easy chair" or even "that's the toddler or child's favorite chair."
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    We need some kind of on/off switch for autonomy in this game. People who don’t want certain actions to be autonomous should be able to turn them off individually. I think that would solve a lot of problems. That way the team doesn’t have to consistently make adjustments that please some players and upset others.

I’ve had to use mods to adjust the autonomy of certain things because they just happen way too often for my liking. It’s not even because they want to do it consistently sometimes, it’s the fact they stop doing what I want them to do to go shovel snow outside, for example. It’s weird.
    Why I use MCCC mod for that so Sims aren't trolling the internet and doing push ups and getting drunk all day. It would be nice to have that mod in the game itself. Sometimes I wish they could hire Deaderpool to fix game balance in the game. Zerbu too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Sallinger79Sallinger79 Posts: 27 Member
    The problem with autonomous knitting was that, instead of finishing any of the knitting projects they'd already started, Sims would instead buy more yarn and start a brand new project, which they would then immediately abandon the next time they got the urge to knit something. Basically, they'd constantly spend money on yarn with nothing to show for it.

As a knitter myself, I can assure you that this is 100% accurate.

However, I would have preferred a fix that made our Sims default to knitting a work in progress, and only starting something new if everything else was finished, rather than disabling autonomous knitting altogether.