Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Sims 4 expansion pack should I play with?

So I have all EP's for Sims 4 and feel like I never really explore the entire gameplay of it. Vote for a pack I should solely focus on and I'll give an update if you're interested with some pics etc. Inspired by Simmingal's thread here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986320/playing-ts3#latest where they're playing the sims 3

My idea or hope is that if I concentrate on a single pack I'll be able to have some fun and explore things in game I probably wouldn't normally do.

Also I'm trynna order them by what date they came out without looking, so if theyre in wrong order sorry lol.

Also feel free to suggest things to do in the pack. I might try this with the gamepacks later on at some stage but yeah. If you have no interest in following this that's cool but feel free to still vote. I'll use the pack disabler thing to so I've only got that pack and basegame

What Sims 4 expansion pack should I play with? 46 votes

Get To Work
23%
elanorbretong01denswansnoepjes1210texxx78HermitgirlMDianaSimscalipossRedShoe7AliSim19GarbonzoBean66ZebSims 11 votes
Get Together
6%
MindofychacceTTNsimmer 3 votes
City Living
6%
KhrisstynelenorcaClousinators 3 votes
Cats and Dogs
2%
Kimmer 1 vote
Seasons
8%
Isb917taydevTeeSeaBreazona 4 votes
Get Famous
15%
jaymancrazHarukotyanLadyKynj1z1netney52Cassieb95BookBear 7 votes
Island Living
10%
papertongueOnverserLiELFsummertaffy68SimAlexandria 5 votes
Discover University
13%
sam123simgirl1010Wintermist_SWEAtreya33Calico45Handel 6 votes
Eco Lifestyle
10%
ParmaViolet87mustenikatrinasforestcarpe_diemAshleigh92 5 votes
Snowy Escape
2%
SERVERFRA 1 vote

Comments

• Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Get To Work
    I vote for Get to Work because that's the one i think i've explored less and so i would like to follow your play sessions. I have never explored the doctor and detective career, haven't played much with aliens and i'm also curious on how you'ld explore the retail system.
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I vote for Get to Work because that's the one i think i've explored less and so i would like to follow your play sessions. I have never explored the doctor and detective career, haven't played much with aliens and i'm also curious on how you'ld explore the retail system.

Its been ages since i really touched anything from Get To Work and I've never really played with Aliens so that would definately be interesting and get me out of the comfort zone
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Discover University
    The main reason I voted this one is it is one of the easiest to dedicate your all to. Not in the ease of gameplay so much as one of the more contained experiences. Taking a household through university can very much allow you to explore most if not all the content of DU. You will have to work for it and I recommend the lowest class load to grind organizations and what not, but it is doable. The new skills are also very accessible in doing so. Plus you can get back into whatever you were doing before or convert a current family fairly easily.

In comparison, you would need to climb three career ladders, own a retail store, and explore Sixam and aliens for GTW. Get Together requires a fair bit of club experimentation with all the options (chances are meaning grinding multiple clubs), plus little event details. IL has its new careers, aspiration, water, and mermaids. CL pretty well requires apartment and festival life. Seasons feels more like a permeating addition to everything rather than something you dedicate yourself fully to.

So I would recommend DU as a compact way if you feel you need to explore everything.
  • Options
    Calico45 wrote: »
    The main reason I voted this one is it is one of the easiest to dedicate your all to. Not in the ease of gameplay so much as one of the more contained experiences. Taking a household through university can very much allow you to explore most if not all the content of DU. You will have to work for it and I recommend the lowest class load to grind organizations and what not, but it is doable. The new skills are also very accessible in doing so. Plus you can get back into whatever you were doing before or convert a current family fairly easily.

In comparison, you would need to climb three career ladders, own a retail store, and explore Sixam and aliens for GTW. Get Together requires a fair bit of club experimentation with all the options (chances are meaning grinding multiple clubs), plus little event details. IL has its new careers, aspiration, water, and mermaids. CL pretty well requires apartment and festival life. Seasons feels more like a permeating addition to everything rather than something you dedicate yourself fully to.

So I would recommend DU as a compact way if you feel you need to explore everything.

Thankyou, very good points :)
  • Options
    Alright will give this a few more hours but looks like get to work is in the lead
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Island Living
    I vote island living cuz it's my all time fav pack haha
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Get Together
    I recently played entirelly focused on get together. I play rotational so I had every sim who lived in the world of windenburg join at least one of the premade clubs or one of the few I created. Essentially I was playing the history of clubs through time. (Members come and go but the clubs still exist) I had the paragons club clash with the renegades, I had my sims join skill based clubs to boost their careers and generally everything my sims were doing it was through clubs. As time passed I had members leave to join other clubs and new members joining the existing clubs. It was such a warm feeling seeing the kids of my sims growing up and taking their place in the club. Generally, I think get together is such an underrated pack. I think people rush through it while you have to take your time with it and take advantage of the club system to the fullest in order to appreciate it.
    Another underrared pack is eco lifestyle. I once tried to turn a neighboorhood entirelly green. It was so much fun.People think it is impossible for a neighboorhood to stay green but if you update every lot in the neighboorhood it
    does. If you do that I suggest taking full advantage of the different options that allow you to go green. Vote the right naps, create a maker space, upgrade the appliances to your house, get into gardening, or create your household furniture with upcycled materials. You could have each family in the neighboorhood focus on a different hobby, candlemaking, juice fizzing or upcycling.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Get Famous
    It will add something new if you haven’t played celebrities before. FYI I say this as someone who hardly plays the pack but keeps meaning to. This pack seems to add a lot of depth to the game
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    all packs option not on the poll
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GarbonzoBean66GarbonzoBean66 Posts: 19 Member
    Get To Work
    I'm actually kind of in the same boat, I have all the EPs and most of the GPs... and I realized the other day I've not even scratched the surface of exploring them all. I would say start a legacy family, then start with one pack, i.e. Get to Work and play your fill of that for however long, then next generation of legacy focus on the next EP down the line, etc.

Just an idea. Sometimes its hard to choose which one to jump into and definitely hard to choose what to do next if you're trying to focus on ALL of them at the same time.
    ~~ConfettiNinjaBean *throws confetti*
    The Sterling-Vatore Legacy Blog