Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Croptop opinions

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited January 2021
    Other
    There are too many girly items in CAS and the selection is very limited for tomboys to have their say or female sims to wear more semi-formal like outfits like a blouse and blazer in striking but complimentary colours, or jumpsuits of various types from formal to rural.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,334 Member
    ...what?
    Loanet wrote: »
    It's probably because people spend a lot of time with their characters in the Young Adult/Adult phase where croptops are fine.

True. Elders in croptops don't work so well.

Honestly I haven't noticed an overabundance of croptops. Though if high-waist pants met the bottom of the croptop shirt, hmm, maybe...
    Bk4Jmo5.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    pls stop with the croptops
    I would've chosen the second option if it would've only said "add highwaisted bottoms to make them useable" but I didn't agree with the rest. I don't want more croptops. I do use them on my Sims with high waisted bottoms, but I think we have enough of them already.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Neutral. all tops are good tops.
    Crop tops are fine. They work great for my teen sims!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    add highwaisted bottoms to make them useable and then add more croptops
    I don't mind them although they aren't really suitable for certain ages. It would be nice to have more tops that are better suited for adults and above. I voted for the high wasted bottoms just because I really just want some adding to the game.
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    ...what?
    I've never felt there was an over abundance of, Been a pretty healthy mix of variety to me, I just wish there were more color options with some of the styles more than aynything.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    It is getting rather ridiculous. I'm good with longer tops or higher waste bands. Either way works for me to be honest, but not all my sims are stick thin models who want bare midriffs. Most of them are normal people who just want to be covered and preferably not in granny gear.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,293 Member
    I'd love more high-waisted skirts specifically but what I really want are more tops that tuck into said high-waisted items e.g. jumpers/sweaters/baggy graphic tee shirts etc. I don't personally wear crop tops IRL (oh to have that body confidence!) but some of my Sims do really suit them and I like to live vicariously every now and then so I wouldn't want them to completely stop - I think they are great for athletic wear, for example. My Lara Croft Sim wouldn't look right without them!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    go sleep buddy.
    Lol. I guess I do use quite a few crop tops, but not in cold climates.

We could do with some high waisted skirts etc, but I don't think I'd want even more crop tops to go with them, we can use the ones we've got.

And crop tops for men? Just no. Sorry guys, just my opinion.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    I want male croptops.
  • Options
    LiefLief Posts: 108 Member
    uh im netrual but i agree that their should be other clothes
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I worship croptops and want more
    I wish that more were designed to shape well on male body types. There are very few that translate well.
  • Options
    Amj1995Amj1995 Posts: 4,068 Member
    Yes, they need add more high waisted bottoms if they're going to keep adding crop tops.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I have no body confidence whatsoever to wear a crop top in real life but I still think they're pretty cute. Alot of my sims regularly wear them. I dont care either way though.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited January 2021
    Yeah, kinda over the teeny bopper look of the crop tops. Sims do age up, team! And adults and elders do not look "smokin' hot" in crop tops with saggy skin. I think we have plenty of "young" looking female attire, and don't get me started on the men's ankle high skinny cropped pants!
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I like a lot of the crop tops we have, I just wish we had more high waisted bottoms so I don't keep having to use the same few pairs of pants/shorts when I want my sims to wear a crop top. I wouldn't mind if they added more but I also think they need to add some more clothes that aren't crop tops. Not every sim wants to wear one.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,578 Member
    I worship croptops and want more
    I have all packs and have no problem dressing my sims. I don't get the complaint.
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    @lisamwitt, same! Once my sims age up to Adult, I'm like here we go time to figure out what actually looks "adult." And omg, when they turn into an Elder, everything looks too young. I really need to look into CC. Dressing Elder sims is NO FUN.
  • Options
    RoboticHatRoboticHat Posts: 35 Member
    @Flikka_Flikka I've noticed most of the shirts do come untucked anyway! And me on the other hand prefer shirts tucked in (at least on my sims..) that would be such a fantastic feature to be able to choose tucked or untucked for sure.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I always dress my female sims tomboyish like with long sleeve shirt or motherly, normal short sleeve shirt.

Never liked croptop.
    ihavemultiplegamertags