The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plain ol' Legacy (Rebooted)

Comments

• Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Comments on 1.31
    I know you're playing an un-modded game, but you mentioned godparents. I haven't used the setting yet but simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships Mod added "godparent" in an update last year. It does require Scumbumbo's XML Injector mod though too. Btw, Brent would make a great godfather!

oh i forgot about that mod used to have it,

There's a mod for everything... well, almost everything. :# Depends on how crazy you want to get. I really need to work on downsizing a bloated mods folder right now, but some of my stories require a LOT of mods to work.

i recently discovered lumpino not sure i spelled that right but so far i have a romance mod a a pregnancy mod and thees a conversation mod but that hasn't been updated yet.
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    Comments on 1.31
    I know you're playing an un-modded game, but you mentioned godparents. I haven't used the setting yet but simsmodelsimmer's Set Family Relationships Mod added "godparent" in an update last year. It does require Scumbumbo's XML Injector mod though too. Btw, Brent would make a great godfather!

oh i forgot about that mod used to have it,

There's a mod for everything... well, almost everything. :# Depends on how crazy you want to get. I really need to work on downsizing a bloated mods folder right now, but some of my stories require a LOT of mods to work.

i recently discovered lumpino not sure i spelled that right but so far i have a romance mod a a pregnancy mod and thees a conversation mod but that hasn't been updated yet.

Don't get me started. I have way too many. *face-palm*
    With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    tinyv0idcattinyv0idcat Posts: 90 Member
    Thoughts:
    The three toddlers are so cute! I hope Jaxon and Jason continue being great friends as they get older. Levi's making great progress with his aspiration too, he's really close to being finished!

Also, your idea of having both twins become heirs is a cool idea. I've definitely seen it done before in a legacy, and I say if that's what you want to do, go for it!
    MnLhKCU.jpg
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    edited January 2021
    Comments on 1.31

All caught up through Conspiracy Theory.
    Somehow I missed what the conspiracy was... :#

I just use MCCC and that's it. Everything else is vanilla pretty much.
    Conspiracy Theory was about the masterpiece paintings.
    If these 2 end up looking closely to being identical, I may bunch them together for the Gen 2 heir vote and play them both if chosen. It would be fun to have 2 heirs. Is that such a thing? :grimace:

Why not play both? That would actually be really fun. :)

It might be overwhelming. I may or may not give it a try. But they'd have to be voted in as heir(s) by readers and voters, first.
  • Options
    ^^ This is why I keep really detailed game notes. It's very time consuming though.

I don't keep notes. I like to write/play and play/write at the same time.
  • Options
    Thoughts:
    The three toddlers are so cute! I hope Jaxon and Jason continue being great friends as they get older. Levi's making great progress with his aspiration too, he's really close to being finished!

Also, your idea of having both twins become heirs is a cool idea. I've definitely seen it done before in a legacy, and I say if that's what you want to do, go for it!

We'll see. :sweat_smile:
  • Options
    @AdamsEve1231
    Q: Outpost Popcorn Mix? What pack is that from? I don’t recall seeing it.
    A: Journey to Batuu
    The Outpost Popcorn Mix is not a learnable recipe, but it can be selected via the Quick Meals option on the Refrigerator for free. Additionally, the Outpost Popcorn Mix is also found at the Milk Stand in the First Order District of Batuu.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    You could put the twins by themself and as one unit for three options of heir
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Oooooo
    They may be identical then!! :open_mouth:

I'm doing normal lifespan yes. But everyone accidentally got a few extra days because I managed to somehow not have aging on right at the beginning ?!? Oops

gOzyIUQ.png

Side note: That bunk bed platform is really cool, @Shadami!

Thanks Lizzie!! It's how I'm doing bunk beds in small spaces right now xD
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    You could put the twins by themself and as one unit for three options of heir

I actually like this idea and may run with it.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Post edited by LegacySims2017 on
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    Ooh ok I have a lot to say on this update.
    Especially this bit: "It turns out both Spica and Rigel had traits similar to his. And it seems Rigel is an Art Lover. So now I wonder if Rigel was there at the museum that day if Levi would have picked her out and they ended up together?!"

I actually gave this a lot of thought. When Levi started to go out with Spica, it occurred to me that Rigel had the Art Lover trait while Spica did not. Levi had made a club for Art Lovers so that he could hang out with fellow Art Lovers and potentially find a girlfriend. If he had known Rigel, maybe he would have invited her to join the club. Maybe they would have ended up together. Maybe Levi's soulmate is not Spica, but Rigel.

As weird as it may sound, I felt a bit... guilty?? about this? It's like when you know someone is getting together with the wrong person, and you're just letting it happen. Not that Spica is the 'wrong person' or anything, but this was back in the early days of the relationship, and I knew there was someone with TWO whole shared traits with Levi, so maybe Levi would be happier with Rigel. You get me? (Yeah I know there's nothing I could have done, shush, I'm not being logical here.)

I even had a discussion with a friend about this. If two people are perfect for each other but don't get together due to circumstances, like timing, was it "not meant to be"? If you don't meet your ideal woman until after you're happily in a relationship, does that automatically disqualify them from being your "soulmate"?

Then I realised... Levi and Rigel... would most likely not have been happy together.

There are examples, historically, of artists who were lovers. But an interesting thing to note is that most of these stories end in tragedy. Most notably, Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel. When two artists are close, they cannot help but influence each other's art, making their art styles similar. Art style is the artist's identity. The more unique an art style is, the rarer the art. This is incredibly important when it comes to the art's market value. Moreover, the feeling of losing one's unique identity can lead to jealousy and resentment developing between the artists, driving them apart. If Levi and Rigel were both only appreciators of art, it wouldn't have mattered. But since they are both actively artists, this most likely would have been a problem.

Eh, I know, the Sims is not that deep. They might have developed a way of working cooperatively, without resentment. Or they may have found some other way of making it work. Who knows? But yeah, in conclusion, Levi and Spica are happy together, so traits aren’t the be-all and end-all in relationships. No one can doubt they’re meant to be. And Levi and Rigel, they’ll make great friends. They’ve got a lot of things they can talk about after all. I’m glad it turned out the way it did.

That ends my rambled, waaaaay too detailed take on this.

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.
  • Options
    Especially this bit: "It turns out both Spica and Rigel had traits similar to his. And it seems Rigel is an Art Lover. So now I wonder if Rigel was there at the museum that day if Levi would have picked her out and they ended up together?!"

I actually gave this a lot of thought. When Levi started to go out with Spica, it occurred to me that Rigel had the Art Lover trait while Spica did not. Levi had made a club for Art Lovers so that he could hang out with fellow Art Lovers and potentially find a girlfriend. If he had known Rigel, maybe he would have invited her to join the club. Maybe they would have ended up together. Maybe Levi's soulmate is not Spica, but Rigel.

As weird as it may sound, I felt a bit... guilty?? about this? It's like when you know someone is getting together with the wrong person, and you're just letting it happen. Not that Spica is the 'wrong person' or anything, but this was back in the early days of the relationship, and I knew there was someone with TWO whole shared traits with Levi, so maybe Levi would be happier with Rigel. You get me? (Yeah I know there's nothing I could have done, shush, I'm not being logical here.)

I even had a discussion with a friend about this. If two people are perfect for each other but don't get together due to circumstances, like timing, was it "not meant to be"? If you don't meet your ideal woman until after you're happily in a relationship, does that automatically disqualify them from being your "soulmate"?

Then I realised... Levi and Rigel... would most likely not have been happy together.

There are examples, historically, of artists who were lovers. But an interesting thing to note is that most of these stories end in tragedy. Most notably, Auguste Rodin and Camille Claudel. When two artists are close, they cannot help but influence each other's art, making their art styles similar. Art style is the artist's identity. The more unique an art style is, the rarer the art. This is incredibly important when it comes to the art's market value. Moreover, the feeling of losing one's unique identity can lead to jealousy and resentment developing between the artists, driving them apart. If Levi and Rigel were both only appreciators of art, it wouldn't have mattered. But since they are both actively artists, this most likely would have been a problem.

Eh, I know, the Sims is not that deep. They might have developed a way of working cooperatively, without resentment. Or they may have found some other way of making it work. Who knows? But yeah, in conclusion, Levi and Spica are happy together, so traits aren’t the be-all and end-all in relationships. No one can doubt they’re meant to be. And Levi and Rigel, they’ll make great friends. They’ve got a lot of things they can talk about after all. I’m glad it turned out the way it did.

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

Thanks for that response. I really appreciate it.
    After I had placed the households, I didn’t remember who had what trait after. It was a sort of a surprise for me in the end. I just remembered what households I put in.

Sometimes I feel like the game knows things. For example, the game knew the relationship could get boring with Levi and Rigel with two trait matches. Not just for a good story, but for a gameplay as well.

I am excited that the game is bringing Rigel into my gameplay, tho. She is definitely going to be in the art club. There’s still a few more households I added that haven’t made a scenery appearance yet. Kind of bummed.
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

After I had placed the households, I didn’t remember who had what trait after. It was a sort of a surprise for me in the end. I just remembered what households I put in.

Sometimes I feel like the game knows things. For example, the game knew the relationship could get boring with Levi and Rigel with two trait matches. Not just for a good story, but for a gameplay as well.

I am excited that the game is bringing Rigel into my gameplay, tho. She is definitely going to be in the art club. There’s still a few more households I added that haven’t made a scenery appearance yet. Kind of bummed.

I love your long post, @BlackUndecimber ! Personally, I used to feel a lot like that, but in the past five years or so, I've moved completely away from the idea of "soul-mate." I think I'm discovering how much compassion and understanding of what it takes to be a person is involved in any relationship, no matter how compatible or similar.

@LegacySims2017 I think there is something to your point about the game knowing things! I really think that it's programmed in to make certain connections or opportunities available. You know how some Sims seem to always show up, as if they're stalking your Sim? That's actually part of the algorithm, I believe.

I'm excited to catch up with your story!

Also, sounds like your recovery has gone well, and big congratulations on finishing the quarantine!

I've been not here much lately, while I've been adjusting to my new schedule of being semi-retired, so I missed sending well-wishes earlier--just know that I'm so grateful that you're doing well!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    BlackUndecimberBlackUndecimber Posts: 1,116 Member
    edited January 2021

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

Haha yeah two artists in the house might have gotten pretty repetitive pretty fast!
    It’s good to see Rigel doing so well though. I didn’t give those two enough attention in my own game. In fact, from their generation onwards, I would just save the heirs oops, sorry, spares that I didn’t have time to focus on into my library and delete them from my game. That way I didn’t have to keep an eye on their family tree.
    Speaking of which, that last guy in their household. He’s not supposed to be there. I put him there because I couldn’t be stuffed separating their households, but in reality, he lived in a different time period and they never met. Maybe delete him or something.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

I love your long post, @BlackUndecimber ! Personally, I used to feel a lot like that, but in the past five years or so, I've moved completely away from the idea of "soul-mate." I think I'm discovering how much compassion and understanding of what it takes to be a person is involved in any relationship, no matter how compatible or similar.

@LegacySims2017 I think there is something to your point about the game knowing things! I really think that it's programmed in to make certain connections or opportunities available. You know how some Sims seem to always show up, as if they're stalking your Sim? That's actually part of the algorithm, I believe.

Also, sounds like your recovery has gone well, and big congratulations on finishing the quarantine!

I've been not here much lately, while I've been adjusting to my new schedule of being semi-retired, so I missed sending well-wishes earlier--just know that I'm so grateful that you're doing well!

Thanks for your insight!
    I think one of the conclusions I reached with my friend was that, perhaps, ‘soulmates’ don’t exist. A person can be happy with more than one person, or none at all, depending on their traits, yes- but also, how much they are willing to make it work, willing to give, willing to endure.
    I can’t help but still entertain the idea of everyone having a soulmate though. It’s a nice thought to have xD
    Post edited by BlackUndecimber on
  • Options

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

Haha yeah two artists in the house might have gotten pretty repetitive pretty fast!
    It’s good to see Rigel doing so well though. I didn’t give those two enough attention in my own game. In fact, from their generation onwards, I would just save the heirs that I didn’t have time to focus on into my library and delete them from my game. That way I didn’t have to keep an eye on their family tree.
    Speaking of which, that last guy in their household. He’s not supposed to be there. I put him there because I couldn’t be stuffed separating their households, but in reality, he lived in a different time period and they never met. Maybe delete him or something.

Anyway cheers.

Chalice out.

Thanks for your insight!
    I think one of the conclusions I reached with my friend was that, perhaps, ‘soulmates’ don’t exist. A person can be happy with more than one person, or none at all, depending on their traits, yes- but also, how much they are willing to make it work, willing to give, willing to endure.
    I can’t help but still entertain the idea of everyone having a soulmate though. It’s a nice thought to have xD

i get this not this time cause mods forced a restart but maybe last time noel had a ex wife 2 baby mamas and and girlfriend.
  • Options

Thank you, @CathyTea ! :smile: I'm having fun just gameplay blogging rather than story telling with this Legacy. There's so many events that I have still skipped but plan on playing when they show up for specific sims. These events seem to happen regularly. Otherwise, the ones I have played of events and holidays are a lot of fun...the Talk Like A Pirate Day has been my favorite so far.

I'm not sure where you left off, but I hope you enjoy all of Levi's paintings. He's done .... a lot ... of them.

I'm glad my positive test for COVID was very mild and that everyone I was in close contact/proximity with tested negative. I assumed it was just a cold cough because that's all I had. No fever or fatigue. I did have the sniffles, but that lasted maybe less than 24 hours. But I do have allergies, so I think that was just my allergies that day. I slept a lot and drank a lot of fluids, mainly Gatorade. My cough was gone maybe 4 days into my quarantine. But I had to stick it out for the mandatory 10 days. As @BlackUndecimber can attest to, I did a lot of gameplay towards the last few days of isolation, throwing out chapters. :grimace:
  • Options
    I'm of the hopeful mindset that we have dozens of soulmates. And it just doesn't have to do with romance, but simply of a connection so deep that you will always understand each other until the end. Friends, family, lover. Whatever.
    Special connections <3
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I love how dolphins and mermaids are soulmates!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    I love how dolphins and mermaids are soulmates!

wouldn't the mermaid crush the dolphin? they aren't that big.
  • Options
    ChrinnieChrinnie Posts: 982 Member

Oh my my....
    Isn't that grand! I love it when a sim completes their aspiration! It feels like a great accomplishment. Of course, now he has to figure out what aspiration to choose next. Can't wait to see what Levi does!
    Author of: The Rossi Legacy | The Inheritance
    mW8spBr.png
    Philadelphia raised, Las Vegas living, avid Sims 4 fan, all around nice guy (if you ask me LOL)
  • Options
    Wow! 3 letter word and an exclamation point does not count as 4 characters xD this coding is something else.
    congratulations Levi!! You did it! ^-^
  • Options
    Chrinnie wrote: »
    Oh my my....
    Isn't that grand! I love it when a sim completes their aspiration! It feels like a great accomplishment. Of course, now he has to figure out what aspiration to choose next. Can't wait to see what Levi does!

To be honest...
    ...I don't think I'm going to go after another Aspiration. We will be moving things along faster now, tho. I've cheated time to speed up. :grimace: