Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Careers that can take the player to other household's homes

The new Paranormal Investigator career is an active career that takes the player to other household's homes.
I think this opens a lot of possibilities for new careers. Atm i can think of a Maid active career and the comeback of the Architech (interior's designer) from sims 3.
What other careers do you think of that can lead the player to other household's homes?

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Handyman, gardener, doctor, nanny, pet sitter, cook.
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    A nanny or babysitter could be interesting. Or how about a catering business?
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A nanny or babysitter could be interesting. Or how about a catering business?

That's so cool!
  • Options
    TruthGamer96TruthGamer96 Posts: 123 Member
    Ooh! Thought of some more! Pet trainer! Piano, violin, or guitar teacher! Tutor! (Can you imagine being hired by Nancy Landgraab to work with a petulant Malcolm on his calculus?)
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Currently the doctor & police can go to the other Sims houses.

Perhaps a landscaper? It would be interesting to be able to have the Sims to design the landscape. If their mischief level is high, they could make a quirky landscape.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    the loading screens makes it hard for me to like active careers
  • Options
    Ms_MikaMs_Mika Posts: 18 Member
    [quote="crocobaura;c-17784224"]Handyman, gardener, doctor, nanny, pet sitter, cook. [/quote]

A handyman active career would be cool. Even if your sim just has a high level handiness skill, it would be cool if they could get house calls from neighbors to fix things.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    i was thinking whole time during livestream that basically your sim is just paranormal maid and i actually don't mind that so ill definitely be using it to make some paranormal maids once i get the pack :lol:

normal ones be nice too though

and id also like repairman and such to use that handiness for something

in fact id like most npc careers and it be even better if those sims showed up when my other sims hire services
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited January 2021
    also criminal career could be cool go steal some stuff and get attacked by dogs and cops and dragons if there is alarms and all that fun :lol: occults could be another level of attack i mean imagine getting caught stealing vlads paintings
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I miss the firefighter from ts3!
    Also, maybe a delivery job could be interesting.
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    I love this! I agree that the nanny job should be active. My widowed sim married his kid's nanny, and I wanted her to keep working as a nanny for other people or be able to run a daycare out of the house. Unfortunately, that isn't an option. I love the idea of being able to work as a caterer, entertainer, mixologist, or maid.

I'd love to have a sim get offered these jobs and actually go to parties to complete tasks. A caterer could be given a specific menu for the event. The party entertainer career could bring back the cake and cage dancers from Sims 1 lol. For kid's parties, the entertainer might have to dress up like a superhero, princess, pirate, or clown. They could make balloon animals or something silly. It would be similar to the current acting career. I also want teaching as an active career. I know some people don't like playing active careers, but it's one of my favorite things about the game.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Handyman. Give some importance to the handiness skill.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Police or Knight where you can stand guard, or patrol, A stately mansion, castle. Be a body guard and protect certain individuals, Royalty, Nobility, celebrity to asset protection protecting objects. And if you are a spellcaster you use magic to protect things. Vampires you leech of the intruder’s blood until they pass out. Knights you fight until exhaustion, or the other surrenders.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif