Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you feel like TS4 is missing?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    Definitely need more/better hairstyles. A slider would of course be first prize but just more options would be a close second. The ability to add highlights and root colours that are different would also be amazing!
  • Options
    MelissaBearMelissaBear Posts: 29 Member
    I meant more/better hairstyle colours in my above comment. I can't edit because I'm a new member - sorry!
  • Options
    MomobreadMomobread Posts: 43 Member
    ▪Additional Life states, most definitely. There's too little options now for what species you
    wanted to be, and I hope EA would address that and still expand based on what the Sims 2
    and Sims 3 managed overall in the Life State list they have.
    ▪Worlds expansion. Each world feels too cramped;
    ▪Also, Additional Worlds. I hope those "Off-Worlds" wouldn't be just Off-Worlds anymore and actually become accessible not only to NPCs.
    29f133cf659275dfe489edf6400a35dae18fd460_hq.gif
  • Options
    alexandreaalexandrea Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited December 2020
    Color wheel
    Open world (but functional) I don’t want an empty open world. If the loading screens means we have more interactive lots with sims then I’m willing to accept not having an open world but the loading screens need to be faster.

The main thing this game lacks is depth and personality. The sims have no true wants or fears. They don’t remember anything. They’re always happy and they all act the same.

I miss the days when my sim’s child had the mean spirited trait and he would randomly argue with
    His siblings and do mean things. I miss the burglars. I miss the consequences...there’s no elements of chance in this game either like lightning strikes and dogs destroying the furniture to the point where it becomes a pile of trash (sims 2). The sims 4 is so loose and easy.
    p6tqefj
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    > @Zinoman said:
    > -Story progression and bigger worlds. I don't really like it when my sims meets other sims at work or at school and those sims live nowhere. And those who do live in the world... Well, once two generations have passed none of those families are alive. Then I'm left with random sims with no backstory.
    >
    > -better personalities. I've stopped caring about the personality of my sims bc they are all the same anyway. Plus what we got so far are pretty boring. Give me some unique ones, so I can make variety of sims! Something that is not only tied to some new gimmick of an expansion pack.
    >
    > -one sided love !! It would maybe work like an attraction system of sort. Your sims would get a crush even without flirting with the other sim, and then get jealous and/or sad when their crush makes moves on other sims or really happy if their crush interacts with them. Then there should be an option to reveal the crush and either get rejected or accepted. Also if you tell abt your crush to someone else, they could also gossip about it, so your crush might learn about it without you directly telling. I've been wanting something like this for ages so I could make a love sick fool sim who pines for some other sim all their life but never reveal their feelings lol. Also it would be fun gameplay for teens as well, adding some drama.
    >
    > -more hair colors and clothes swatches.
    >
    > Add those and I'd start playing sims4 in a heartbeat again.

Hello, Idk how you feel about mods but MCCC has some story progression and it definitely makes the town feel more lively. My sim is currently trying to date Judith Ward's daughter and yeah i love it. You can also flag certain things as well so its somewhat customisable in that regard. I'm not sure how deep they go with it tho in terms of leveling up careers and skills etc (ive never really checked). They do get married tho and can divorce i think.

Also i use wonderful whims attractive system and its quite user friendly. You can customise their preferances (body type, gender, hair colour, outfit style, etc) or you can randomise too if you'd like. Like turn ons and turn offs in the sims 2 kinda deal. It then will tell you what a sim thinks of another sim (extremely attractive, attractive, basic looking, unattractive, extremely unattractive) and you'll get a pop up if you're flirting with a sim saying they find them attractive (if they do) and romantic interactions are quite easier. Meanwhile theres also the unattractive side. And you can have one sim find another attractive but that same sim may find your sim unattractive. It also comes with these like personality archetypes too which add some unique interactions and a tad more depth to their personality. It has things like greedy who can talk about money and stuff and yeah a few more archetypes. I'll also just note it comes with birth control options such as the pill and other preventive measures and adds a menstrual cycle for female sims which I never really wanted either in my game but i think its worth it for the attractive system. There may also be a way to only download the chemistry thing tho im not sure, or like turn off the cycle and birth control.

I haven't checked any replies to your post so if this has all been suggested sorry.
  • Options
    ZinomanZinoman Posts: 14 New Member
    @Emusimmer32

Thank you for suggestions but I play it on ps4 😩 so mods are not possible (i think).
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    TS4 is missing challenges.

Challenges, related to careers
    Challenges, related to friendships
    Challenges, related to marriage
    Challenges, related to conflicting personality types
    Challenges, related to housing
    Challenges, related to unpredictable, unexpected, and uncontrollable events
    Challenges, related to simply staying alive because "It's rough out there on your own!"
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    What the others have said.

The thing I miss most and would like to see restored is for screenshots to be tied to the household, appear in the order taken regardless of the date-time group, and have decent space for captions - a line and a half doesn't cut it. I'm a writer, so I like telling stories, and instinctively try that when playing Sims. Problem is, that isn't possible in TS4. I try from time to time but always give up in frustration. This is one of the main reasons I still regularly play TS2 and find TS4 boring. It isn't a game to play and create with, it's an animated movie to watch.
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    1) more aspirations +/- an overhaul of some of the existing ones. add things like "write one of each genre of books" or "paint one of each type of painting"
    2) the ability to set which hemisphere (north or south) your Sims game save is in, particularly with regard to the Seasons DLC. I'd love to not have to re-create all the holidays in the opposite season to reflect my real life living in the southern hemisphere
  • Options
    Madz_LBMadz_LB Posts: 17 Member
    also, forgot to add:
    3) additional overhaul the colour swatches for doors and windows so that all basegame doors/windows have the same colour swatches and each door/window added with a particular pack has the same colour swatches
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    I really think the sims 4 missing a reason for playing through a whole sim life, consequences, difficulties, memories, deeper relationships, development of “sentiments” (adding “life long” sentiments), a system for Self-esteem, a system for “Meaningfulness” in life with an updated wants & fears.

<3 I would love to have something like a “Life (Struggles)” pack. (There´s a post about the pack here, scroll down to the #6 post:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Ideas-for-Sims-4-Packs-that-EA-MUST-see/m-p/9945656/highlight/false#M43015

It will include somethings like:

<3 WANTS & FEARS / LIFE DIRECTIONS
    - Updated version of wants/Fears with “Life directions” with wants and quest:
    Choose what directions your sim want to strive for: Family, Romantic, Pleasure, Career, Money, Popularity, Knowledge, Power, Hedeonism , Goodness, Spiritual development, Personal growth, Health&Wellbeing, Vanity, Evilness. Complete quest and wants and get rewarded with “Meaningfulness points” and “Self-Esteem points” (or lose them).

<3 MEMORY SYSTEM (Positive/Negative/Redefined memories)
    Memory system (similar to sims 2 with symbols, but also the option to add text +photos = scrapbooking).
    -Possibility to create your own memories (choose a symbol to represent the memory, choose a moodlet that your sim have at the time, write a headline and text).
    -Positive/negative/redefined memories (Redefined memories = happy memories with a sim that “redefine” when you get a negative sentiment to this sim).
    -The sim will at random remember their memories and get moodlets from this (“Bob (poor) Pancake died” ->giving the same moodlet as back then)

<3 CONSEQUENCES - NEGATIVE & POSITIVE LIFE/CHILDHOOD “LIFE POINTS” (experiences) - STRUGGLES
    -Possibility to collect negative & positive “life points” from positive/negative events in life/childhood (e.g. death, loving parent, loneliness, positive friendship… etc).
    -Possibility to “resolve” your negative experiences with your positive experiences.
    -Consequences: High “Negative Childhood experience” and low “Resolved” points -> chance/risk developing a NEW “life trait: narcissistic, anti-social, Empathic
    -Consequences: high “Negative life experience” and low “Resolved” points: -> chance/risk developing a NEW “life trait” -> Unlucky, Pessimistic, Self-pitying, Empathic
    -Consequences: High “Positive life experience” and low “Negative life experience”/“Resolved” points: -> chance/risk developing a NEW “life trait” -> Spoiled, Naïve, Megalomania
    (…)
    -IF AN EXPERIENCE GET TO HIGH NEGATIVE POINTS = A “STRUGGLE” (resolve with quests)

<3 MEANINGFULNESS SYSTEM & SELF-ESTEEM SYSTEM
    (see the link above for more info)

<3 NEW CAREER: Therapist -> Psychologist (returning of hypnosis-tool from sims 2) and Healer (acupuncture-table)

(ETC… see the link above for more info)
  • Options
    dnoikdnoik Posts: 7 New Member
    Personality for non-played sims
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited January 2021
    Personality, I really want my sims to behave the way I imagined. I liked the Direction Sims 4 was going in when they added sentiments, Creating certain bonds, and getting sentimental when that sim is near.

Now I would just like to get Particular with Sim's Favorite things
    Favorites!
    Favorite Food! I'm thinking this way for customizing your sim's food palette. This way they'll get certain mood buffs pending on the quality. and autominously make their favorite foods when they are Hungry. +Happy when favorite food is made well, +Sad when Favorite food is made bad, Of course Foodies are adventurous when it comes to new foods, and gluttons aren't picky.
    - Fruity
    - Spicy
    - Sweet
    - Savory
    - Salty
    - Sugary
    - Vegan
    - Meat
    - Seafood
    - Pastries
    - Dairy
    - Chocolate

Also, Favorite Hobbies, and breaking them into sub categories.
    So when He's bored, or wants to go do something, he would autominously choose one of these things to do by default, instead of randomly picking up a new skill/hobby.

My Sim likes to, Play Soccer, Sketch, Write, Play Video Games: REFUGE, Listen to Music: R&B/Pop/Jazz/Classic/Baroque, Watch Shows: Fantasy, Action/Adventures, Romance,Comedy, Tradgedy Go on Adventures: Long Hikes & Travel.

Same with Aspirations.
    I relaxed a lot with Aspirations, I didn't like that It was becoming a Driving focus to try to complete or focus on one aspiration at a time.
    So maybe Like choosing/creating a List of Aspirations you want your sims to complete in their lifetime. that way No matter how your sim lives they'll complete their aspirations through their life. instead of switching off, or completing one and moving on to the next one. Sure you can make it into chapters, But often in real life I find Aspirations are intertwined, You build a house, Wealth, Love, Family, Creativity, while Going on adventures, and Learning new ways.
    And Being able to Start as a Child even. More Child aspirations!

Why Can't children tap into Adult Aspirations?! Start with Animal Aspirations? Athletic? Creativity? Deviance? Family? Food? Fortune? Knowledge? Love? Nature? Popularity? I see no excuse why Children can't delve into those aspirations.

Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I can't remember if I've answered this one. I'm in the crowd that wants farming, horses, more romance & weddings, new styles (they are doing this), new gameplay themes (they seem to also be doing this), a murder mystery and new surprising things to do with the game.

I've been expecting that they'll make over the babies and while that's not my focus, I would like it.

Honestly, I want more packs like Snowy Escape. I wanted Snowy Escape to have a bit more going on even though it is fun. That's the right direction for me though.

If they introduce a Monte Carlo or Italy type of world with gambling, I'll be a fan. They can do a lot more international themes and I'd be interested in all of them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,970 Member
    What I feel is missing from this version is options or features that may never be make it in this version as it may be not be possible. I miss CAST, I miss the ability to create Worlds (in this version Neighborhoods) as I vision them to be as everything is static and have to wait for EA/Maxis to create them which are now paid neighborhoods, lot editors pertaining to how big I want them to be and where I want to lay them. The packs are gimped now as not to hinder performance as they believe technology has not improved since 2014 and just not possible now even if the game is 64 Bit.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    More playable lots for existing worlds, more swatches for B/B items, better townies, more traits, memories and long-term gameplay. More carieers will be also nice. I miss fashion desingers, models, architects, hairdresser, make-up artist, office employee, secretary, low-cost carieers for poorer Sims ect.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited January 2021
    Cynna wrote: »
    TS4 is missing challenges.

Challenges, related to careers
    Challenges, related to friendships
    Challenges, related to marriage
    Challenges, related to conflicting personality types
    Challenges, related to housing
    Challenges, related to unpredictable, unexpected, and uncontrollable events
    Challenges, related to simply staying alive because "It's rough out there on your own!"

This is really all I need for the game to be fun to me. And I really feel it’s an easy fix. All that’s needed is for the developers to respond to the portion of the player base that really wants traditional The Sims gameplay back.

Just make this game feel like an actual game again. I don’t need to be a complete and all-knowing god in The Sims. That’s never been the spirit of the series, anyway. Give me the unexpected twists that I need to plan and react to and make me work hard for my Sims to succeed. Sometimes the player will have to face failure/defeat, and that’s ok!

I think it would really benefit them to split The Sims 4 into three different difficulty modes within the options:
    • Normal Mode (the way the game currently plays; no changes)
    • Sandbox Mode (increased control over virtually everything in the game, absolutely zero unexpected/uncontrollable events)
    • Life Simulation Mode (increased challenges, risks, and rewards, increased difficulty with socialization, Simoleons, careers, Sim livelihood, and LOTS of unexpected twists/turns along the way). Harder to cheat, cannot control lifespan, revamped reward store, fears, etc.

Obviously, I would pick life simulation mode in a heartbeat. And I don’t think it has to explicitly be the cliche “hard mode” some might think (which is why I didn’t label them easy, normal, and hard). It just has to be a little more nuanced. If something calls for a little more challenge in that mode, it should generally award more of a reward, too.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited January 2021

(...)
    I think it would really benefit them to split The Sims 4 into three different difficulty modes within the options:
    • Sandbox Mode (increased control over virtually everything in the game, absolutely zero unexpected/uncontrollable events)
    • Life Simulation Mode (increased challenges, risks, and rewards, increased difficulty with socialization, Simoleons, careers, Sim livelihood, and LOTS of unexpected twists/turns along the way). Harder to cheat, cannot control lifespan, revamped reward store, fears, etc.

I loves this! Of course we need difficulty levels!I would play on Life simulation mode if I still could use cheats and controlling the lifespan (cause I don´t want my sims to die! :# )

Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

This is really all I need for the game to be fun to me. And I really feel it’s an easy fix. All that’s needed is for the developers to respond to the portion of the player base that really wants traditional The Sims gameplay back.

Just make this game feel like an actual game again. I don’t need to be a complete and all-knowing god in The Sims. That’s never been the spirit of the series, anyway. Give me the unexpected twists that I need to plan and react to and make me work hard for my Sims to succeed. Sometimes the player will have to face failure/defeat, and that’s ok!

Obviously, I would pick life simulation mode in a heartbeat. And I don’t think it has to explicitly be the cliche “hard mode” some might think (which is why I didn’t label them easy, normal, and hard). It just has to be a little more nuanced. If something calls for a little more challenge in that mode, it should generally award more of a reward, too.

Difficulty levels would be a welcome compromise. Unless I intended to write a specific story, I would choose the life simulation option every time.

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    AninaBeanaAninaBeana Posts: 37 Member
    There's so much that the Sims 4 is missing, but I would like for the romantic interactions to be a bit more romantic. I feel that they really have no depth to them, those interactions would have more purpose if they could reanimate them.
    Feel free to add me on the Origin gallery: AninaBeana

saAJtJq.gif
  • Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2021
    Body hair + sliders for hair and eye color! <3
  • Options
    Lorenerd11Lorenerd11 Posts: 105 Member
    I need the ability to place/remove fence posts manually, and to change apartment boundaries. The game will continue to feel downright unplayable without these.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,131 Member
    100 Colors for Hair/Clothing/Objects
    Heartshape Beds
    Bunkbeds
    Spiral Stairs
    Genies
    Fairies
    Werewolves
  • Options
    YinalaYinala Posts: 132 Member
    I really want them to add an attraction/chemistry system! Similair to turbodrivers WW/Wonderfulwhims mod.