Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask your questions now for the Paranormal Livestream Jan 22nd

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
Sometimes they answer questions from the forums so ask them here. I'll link it back to SimGuruConner and SimGuruNinja on Twitter.

SimGuruNinja said on Twitter they will be talking about how the new haunted house lot type effects the spooky lot trait.

You mentioned pets will react. Will dogs stand on their hind legs and bark and will cats hiss?

Comments

• Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited January 2021
    Were the Makin' Magic dragons ever considered for this pack? If we get dragons back, how would they interact with the ghosts in this pack?

And if Bonehilda drinks, will the liquid drip through her body and spill on the floo, like in TS1? Any flavor to differenciate her from regular maids and butlers would be appreciated. Just saw that this, and maids reacting to her are confirmed. Daaaang ilu Conner. I guess my only questions are about how your playable ghost sims interact with the pack? How does a ghost fel about living in a haunted house?
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Will toddlers get the new scared emotion when they are frightened by nightmares or thunderstorms?
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Were the Makin' Magic dragons ever considered for this pack? If we get dragons back, how would they interact with the ghosts in this pack?

And if Bonehilda drinks, will the liquid drip through her body and spill on the floo, like in TS1? Any flavor to differenciate her from regular maids and butlers would be appreciated. Just saw that this, and maids reacting to her are confirmed. Daaaang ilu Conner. I guess my only questions are about how your playable ghost sims interact with the pack? How does a ghost fel about living in a haunted house?

Good question on playable ghost and the same could be asked about aliens and vampires.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    How will Bonehilda react to the Jungle Adventures skeletons?

What advantages does spell casters have with this pack?
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Will we be able to turn community lots into haunted lots ,
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

This was my question as well, even though I think the answer is "No." I wanted to turn my church/senior centre into a haunted site.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited January 2021
    Will normal ghosts get any improvements with the new update/pack?
  • Options
    emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    What advantages does spell casters have with this pack?

SimGuruConnor actually tweeted about this!

• Options
    coogee78coogee78 Posts: 177 Member
    What do the cursed items do when they appear? Scare sims, break nearby objects?
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    What was their reason for not adding a death for fear and is it some thing they may add later?
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    Will you nerf the specters?
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Can we move Guidry into our household? Or at least romance/woohoo with him?
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »

This was my question as well, even though I think the answer is "No." I wanted to turn my church/senior centre into a haunted site.

Only by using the Spooky Lot Trait.
  • Options
    Can we make ghosts in CAS?
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Will the flickering lights have an impact on the utility bills? If so, will the impact be major or minor?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    Can we use the seance table and the medium skill on regular lots, not just haunted houses? Can we use the seance table to summon bonehilda on a regular lot?
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited January 2021
    How will Guidry act in Strangervill with the vines growing in the plumbing?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited January 2021
    Will Ghost Sims react to the Spookies any differently to Regular Sims? Will they suddenly be able to communicate when they die, or stop being scared?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    @Atreya33

according to the second dev blog (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986162/paranormal-stuff-pack-dev-blog-part-2/p1) you can use it on any lot, and not just a haunted house
    The Seance Table is here! Talk to ghosts! Scare your friends! Summon the unexpected! This thing is capable of all sorts of spiritual meddling, and functions on any lot!

• Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited January 2021
    Now according to the second dev blog, it said that seances can be held on any lot. Does this include hidden lots as well?
    Edit to add another question: Will seances work on Batuu?
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,427 Member
    @Atreya33

according to the second dev blog (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/986162/paranormal-stuff-pack-dev-blog-part-2/p1) you can use it on any lot, and not just a haunted house
    The Seance Table is here! Talk to ghosts! Scare your friends! Summon the unexpected! This thing is capable of all sorts of spiritual meddling, and functions on any lot!

Thank you. The second blog wasn't released when I asked this question. I'll go check it out.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2021
    Does Bonehilda still bottle feed babies?

How many lots have been built for this pack and will be available on the gallery?
    Post edited by MoonfoxNightcry on
  • Options
    Ember_FoxEmber_Fox Posts: 46 Member
    Will the flickering lights effect only affect lights from the Paranormal stuff pack or will they also affect lights from the base game and other packs?

Since the sacred candles can get blown out I am wondering about the other candles in game. Will the ghost or whatever they are be able to blow out the sim created candles from Eco lifestyle or the decoration candles we buy from build&buy as well?
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I have this feeling that the picture of Guidry works like the picture of the Tragic Clown - you view it, you summon Guidry, and then you can become a Paranormal Investigator.

Am I right?

Also, will it only be electric lights that flicker, or will candles flicker?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Why does a skeleton have such large breasts? Is that where she hides her snacks?