Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disable Origin

rYn1qm1.png

Is there some way to disable this thing please? I bet people who crack the game dont have this problem...

Comments

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don’t know other than quitting and signing out, or uninstalling. I am having a terrible time with Origin. Repairing my game with all dlc has gone from a 10 minute thing to an hours long thing that invariably crashes in the middle. So, as we speak I have uninstalled Origin and my Sims 4 game and am in the process of resetting my computer. Then I will reinstall Origin, TS4, & TS Medieval. I hope that works.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I had this problem a few weeks ago. I closed everything, shut my computer down and restarted and everything was fine. I'm not sure what happened but it's been fine since.
  • Options
    ElisetomElisetom Posts: 70 Member
    I'm having the same trouble repairing, it came to a point that it's easier for me to uninstall everything and then install again than to repair...
  • Options
    When I uninstalled TS4 I got a pop up saying a file was corrupted. I am wondering if that’s what was causing the repair issues. I am now reinstalling TS4. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻.
  • Options
    ValmontValmont Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2021
    They didnt want to give a cut to steam so they made their own plataform... now I cant play with good fps because the plataform eats more resources then the game itself... Not to mention Im almost 100% sure it is crashing my games!

Maybe I should just crack this thing... one could see a crack as a mod for playing without origin.

Sims 4 Lag Free Mod! :D

Ah yeah... its repairing the game but I have the suspicion every time I alt tab out of origin it pauses the repairs. Its taking hours here as well.

Maybe I should reset windows and redownload the game too? Im ashamed to confess I have every piece of dlc so it might take forever... scary :(
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    I have the same problem. I'm already stressed out when Paranormal Stuff comes out. Downloading anything from Origin or repairing the game takes hours now when it used to take few minutes earlier. Repairing the game now also fails in the middle of it.
    I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work.
    I used to never log out of Origin, but now I have to log out as soon as I stop playing, because otherwise it makes my laptop freeze complely and I have to force shut it and it takes an hour to start it again. The last time I had a black screen for a long time and I thought that my laptop died. Even if I'm fast and manage to close Origin before the worst happens the task manager still shows that Origin is hogging most of the CPU. It actually takes a long time to really shut down Origin.
    My laptop has been having a hard time with Sims 4 lately because of this. It's a gaming laptop so it should be able to handle games, but apparently it can't handle Origin.
    As a last resort I deleted Google Chrome and changed my browser to Firefox. I read somewhere that Chrome is using a lot of resources on a computer and that deleting it can help with some problems on games too. It seems to have helped reducing the lag, at least yesterday I played lag free for the first time in two years. Of course it doesn't help with the Origin problem, but I seemed to be able to close Origin faster.
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    I think, almost everyone is facing the same issue. I usually play offline, sometimes, I just quit the Origin. Not sure if it's still running as I run the Sims, because I forgotten to check the system once I've started playing. Perhaps, someone who's using the Origin desktop will be able to give us the feedback.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I think you can just close Origin when you're in game
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Valmont wrote: »
    They didnt want to give a cut to steam so they made their own plataform... now I cant play with good fps because the plataform eats more resources then the game itself... Not to mention Im almost 100% sure it is crashing my games!

Maybe I should just crack this thing... one could see a crack as a mod for playing without origin.

Sims 4 Lag Free Mod! :D

Ah yeah... its repairing the game but I have the suspicion every time I alt tab out of origin it pauses the repairs. Its taking hours here as well.

Maybe I should reset windows and redownload the game too? Im ashamed to confess I have every piece of dlc so it might take forever... scary :(

I was able to completely reinstall TS4 and I also have all dlc in about 1.5 hours. I haven’t tried repairing yet, but the reinstall went smoothly with no Origin crashing which was happening with repairs. I did have one thought though if anyone knows...I had installed reshade, would that cause trouble with repairing since it goes into the actual game files and not the documents folder? Should I have uninstalled reshade before repairing then reinstalled it?
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited January 2021
    Origin does that occasionally. Best thing to do is quit Origin or kill it from Task Manager and wait a bit for all its processes to die. Then when you restart Origin go into Application Settings and disable Automatically Start Origin and Origin Helper Service, that will help a lot. Also If you dont use the Origin in game stuff uder game properties for Sims 4 disable it, it tends to be more trouble than its worth.

And when you aren't in Sims 4 or any other Origin game just quit it. The longer yo leave Origin open, the more likely that is to happen
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I don't expect a major fix anytime soon. I haven't been checking it, but if it happened, I'd probably just kill it with task manager as I do with any program that seems to get stuck and go way too high in resource hogging. Let's hope the new launcher they're preparing will be better.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    Deleting Google Chrome seems to have helped me. I've played without having any troubles and when I close Origin it closes immediately and don't cause any problems now. I'm still unsure what will happen when I repair the game the next time (probably after next update and Paranormal Stuff download), but at least my game is currently lag free and my computer works perfectly and fast now. Chrome was causing a lot of problems for me.
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I had this issue again yesterday after doing a game repair. My game was lagging and when I checked the task manager Origin was out of control. I shut down origin using the task manager and restarted my game and all was well. I'm not sure if it was the repair or just opening origin myself (I did close it before starting up the game again) but this never happened until a month or two ago. FYI - I usually start playing offline but will often check the gallery and go online. I have not had this issue with origin when doing that. Only when I purposely open origin to do a repair.