Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ask Me Anything, the game

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Yeah, baking.

Best advice you've received?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, baking.

You're the one gave it to me, so I bet you remember. And that's all needs saying on that.

But as to eyes, I'll tell you exactly why they are beautiful: you say the pupils don't show as separate? But people tend to find open pupils attractive, and very dark eyes look like all pupil, and they look deep and mysterious. Also sincere and trustworthy. I'm sure the facial expression matters most, but all things being equal, I kind of dislike light-colored eyes. Even in The Sims4 I really prefer darker eyes. I guess tastes do vary.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,144 Member
    I find no question to answer, but umm.. eyes and eye color. I don't really care much about eye color. I don't even know my own. When creating sims I just choose one of the default ones, usually. I'm much more meticulous when it comes to shape and placement of eyes, and various face features in general.

When making a new sim, how much attention do you pay to getting their facial features "just right"? Are all your sims good looking, or do you find it amusing to sometimes make some really ugly ones?
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, baking.

You're the one gave it to me, so I bet you remember. And that's all needs saying on that.

But as to eyes, I'll tell you exactly why they are beautiful: you say the pupils don't show as separate? But people tend to find open pupils attractive, and very dark eyes look like all pupil, and they look deep and mysterious. Also sincere and trustworthy. I'm sure the facial expression matters most, but all things being equal, I kind of dislike light-colored eyes. Even in The Sims4 I really prefer darker eyes. I guess tastes do vary.

Ah, interesting. I didn't know about the open pupils thing much and people finding it attractive. I guess it could be tastes and also could be I'm Asian and everyone has dark eyes so seeing light eyes is just fascinating. XD
    I find no question to answer, but umm.. eyes and eye color. I don't really care much about eye color. I don't even know my own. When creating sims I just choose one of the default ones, usually. I'm much more meticulous when it comes to shape and placement of eyes, and various face features in general.

When making a new sim, how much attention do you pay to getting their facial features "just right"? Are all your sims good looking, or do you find it amusing to sometimes make some really ugly ones?

I tend to make sims based on my fav band guys so yeah, I do try to make them as close as possible as the original person. They're all okay looking, I guess. :D I don't make any real ugly ones in The Sims 4. Haha.

Do you have a lucky charm or number?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Nope. Superstition doesn't hold much appeal to me.

Sorry about forgetting to ask a question earlier. And in the game, I don't usually care about their eyes because the default colors have only two genuinely dark colors, and that's the two darkest. Part of my issue with lighter eyes might be my lack of ability to distinguish a lot of the colors in the standard Sim eye palette. They confuse me and I can't tell one from another on a Sim, anyway. In the game, it's all just "light eyes" or "brown/black eyes" to me unless they are weird glowing colors like occult eyes.

So I don't spend a lot of time tweaking Sims, not usually. Sometimes. I like it when a generated or born-in-game Sim looks like they have a personality, from the get-go. Ones that suggest nothing at all to me, I skip.

And you are probably right, @DeKay about finding interest in things that aren't so commonplace as to be boring to us. I also have a soft spot from a childhood crush who was also my best friend at the time, who was a Chinese girl. When I think of dark eyes, hers will come to mind. I hope she did well in life and is happy.

Did you have a childhood crush ?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    DaKaptenDaKapten Posts: 385 Member
    edited January 2021
    No not really, maybe a small one on a girl. haha I tought I was a boy but it turned out I'm just a lesbian...

Same question
  • Options
    Yeah, I did. But it wasn't too serious or anything. It was more like boys had a creepy crush on me. 😬

What time do you usually wake up?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    sometime between 8 and 9 most days. Even when I don't get to sleep til 2, or 4. For some reason I still wake up at 8:30 or 9, so I'm going on 4 hrs/night again. Not healthy. Got to fix it.

DaKapten wrote: »
    No not really, maybe a small one on a girl. haha I tought I was a boy but it turned out I'm just a lesbian...

Same question

You're not "just" anything. You're valid.<3

What do you wish you could do if you had no barriers?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Make music. :D

What's something you want to improve about yourself?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay Now you got me in tears haha thanks ❤

Hmm, maybe not being too forgiving to people as it hurts my judgement.

What is something you are really proud of?
  • Options
    DaKapten wrote: »
    @Nushnushganay Now you got me in tears haha thanks ❤

Hmm, maybe not being too forgiving to people as it hurts my judgement.

What is something you are really proud of?

*hugs*

I don't think I have as much to be proud of, as ashamed of. But I used to be proud of the simple fact that I survived severe abuse as a kid, with my sense of self intact, and one finger in the air. However, that was then. Now I need to get behind something else worthwhile, and I suspect it will involve moving past self as I knew it.

If you could add one thing and subtract one thing from your life, what would you add, and what would you subtract?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Doing well in school, I guess. Or 'having done well in school' since I'm not schooling anymore.

Do you have any plans for today?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay That is a very big thing that you survived with your love and kindness in your heart intact. Many people actually get so consumed by the past that it makes them angry and hateful. I'm also happy that you are you cuz you seem great.

I would add... better confidence and substract the effects on my personality of past trauma.

Dekays : yes, I was supposed to be productive but I have been spying on my neighbor. My friend thinks I'm already preparing myself to be an old lady that knows everything about everyone in town. I think that analyzis of my behaviour is accurate haha.

Do you like clubbing?
  • Options
    Noooooo. Hahaha.

Same question? XD
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @DaKapten I'm a walking mess, and a work in progress, and believe me I've had my share of being a walking ball of rage looking for a fight (ashamed of that but trying to have compassion for my younger self)...but hoping that if I keep trying, by the time I'm 70, I won't be cringing from my own behavior still. Trying to achieve wisdom is like trying to get the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

As for clubbing, once it's safe to do things indoors, I really do want to tear up a dancefloor with the hubs. This would not have been possible with him, until recently. He was too shy, too afraid of PDA. He wasn't even comfortable holding hands in public, and said he didn't dance, period. But recently something changed; maybe we both realized life's too short. Maybe it was his medical scare and pursuant PTSD and panic attacks, but if he needs my arms around him, he no longer cares who sees it, and he is far more adventurous than before. So I'd love the chance. Until then, I pump up the bluetooth speaker and pull him into me at every opportunity, at home. :)

Do you dance at home?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Not generally. If I want to spend a day inside I just feel glad I could. Fun's not fun if it becomes an obligation.

Did you change your hairstyle in 2020?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Nope.

What is your fav cheese?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @Nushnushganay you and I have very similar feelings. So I get you.

@PriestessBizarre haha the struggle was real. The most fake years of my life lol 😂

Brie ..... GOD 🐸🐸🐸🐸!

how do you like your coffee?
  • Options
    In the trash. :D

Same question.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    As an ingredient in a fancy chocolate cake I’ve made before. You can’t taste it really, but the coffee adds a depth of flavour.

In other words, I don’t like coffee.

How do you take your tea?
  • Options
    @DeKay you made me laugh! Your distaste for coffee is legendary. I read an article once that said liking it or not is genetic and a person who hates it is never going to like it. My sister is that way, never had any use for it, whereas I loved coffee even as a child.

@DaKapten I'm glad you're not having to fake it anymore. 🤜🤛 The Box is a terrible experience.

I love coffee, am drinking it right now, but I also love good tea! My favorite readily-available black tea is loose-leaf Yorkshire Gold, which when brewed with care (prewarmed teapot, kettle taken off just before it boils, brewed about 4 minutes then poured through a strainer, it's potent, floral, fragrant, and tannic enough that without almond milk or something similar in it, taken without food, it will make me toss my cookies in about half an hour after drinking it, so suddenly I might not make it to the toilet. So I never have it on an empty stomach black.

My sister, who is lucky enough to have been to Japan during hanami season, Malaysia, and Singapore on business, brought me the actual best tea I've ever had, but neither she nor I can get more of it because she found it online then it disappeared again. For other tea, I'm really partial to Lapsang Souchong, Earl Grey, and Jasmine Tea, but again, I'm allergic to pretty much all florals so have to tread lightly on jasmine tea, and besides, some jasmine teas use really terrible quality tea, and mask its lack of flavor with the flowery scent.

My favorite green tea was called "Chop Wood Carry Water" and the name is eluding me.... okay I recall it now, it was Hojicha. Earthy and robust, yet seemed less acidic or tannic, more mellow. I really loved that stuff. And then after that, there was a green tea with toasted popped rice, called Genmaicha. I used to enjoy those more when I lived where they were easily available because there were like 14 different specific types of Asian market in the city.

Fun question, so same question! How do you take YOUR tea?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ArkaneArkane Posts: 20,224 Member
    When I do drink it it, I like honey and a bit of cinnamon in mine.

What is a food that in your opinion has a unique taste?
    Potential Is Everything

Origin ID: BadArkane

XYeo1vn.png