Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Make spellcasters actually exist in the game?

I really don't like how spellcasters have been nerfed into a "magic realm" in this game. I want them to actually exist in my main game. Does anyone know any way of getting npc spellcasters to autonomously perform at least some spellcaster interactions like they do in the magic realm?

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited January 2021
    I've never been able to find a mod to unlock magic autonomy either for npcs or my own sims. What magic? There is none.
    I'm very salty that they went the way of toggles for things like NAPS and Sentiments but refuse to do any thing similar for occults.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    We can always make clubs so they can cast spells, but sadly we don't have a dueling club activity. But honestly, if we got magic outside of the world, all the sims would just cast Inferniate on objects and start fires all the time. The devs just didn't think things through.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    In my game, NPC spellcasters are constantly riding brooms around other worlds. Do they not do that in your game?

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    edited January 2021
    Rouensims wrote: »
    In my game, NPC spellcasters are constantly riding brooms around other worlds. Do they not do that in your game?

That happens at my game too, all the time. But it is only because I have a playable spellcaster in the save.
    If you never have playable one, or at least have never visited Realm, they will be in other worlds too, but act like regular sims.

ETA: oh, you were talking magic autonomy, not flying with their brooms :) Sorry.
    yeah I have not found any mod like that either.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Once you've been to the Magic realm, spellcaster sims will use their brooms in public (might be once your sim is a spellcaster)

I do agree that it would be nice if they used them more, and if we could have at least lot traits to say "Spellcasters will use magic here freely"

Though honestly, even played Spellcaster sims could use some autonomy tweaking/options. I want my spellcasters to use Scruberoo rather than breaking out the mop...
  • Options

I rarely see an npc using a broom. And I'm talking about using spells. I want spellcasters to use Delicisio instead of starving to death like an idiot. I want a witch to use Scruberoo instead of mopping in the bathroom for an hour. Watching a household, including ones IM CURRENTLY PLAYING, I want to see clearly that they are occults. I'm controlling mom so dad cooks a meal then goes to mop puddles, ridiculous.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

I rarely see an npc using a broom. And I'm talking about using spells. I want spellcasters to use Delicisio instead of starving to death like an ❤️❤️❤️❤️. I want a witch to use Scruberoo instead of mopping in the bathroom for an hour. Watching a household, including ones IM CURRENTLY PLAYING, I want to see clearly that they are occults. I'm controlling mom so dad cooks a meal then goes to mop puddles, ridiculous.

That makes sense. It seems like all the occults are tuned down too much.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ForgeronForgeron Posts: 272 Member
    they kinda forgot that lot traits are a thing, I think.
    Would be useful to have a lot trait that allows spellcasters to do their thing there.
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    A simple solution is a check box in game setting to allow or disallow it.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited January 2021
    Well I guess it's the usual realism players vs occults players problem... I guess I'm team "realism" if there ever is such a thing. I prefer sims to stick to their worlds. I don't want Nancy Landgraab to show up as a vendor in Mt Komorebi for example... or L.Faba to go to Foxbury and study villainy (which she did in my game) and never return as a sage.

I wish they could add lot traits, customizable npc roles, or game options so that people could customize their worlds how they want. It's not much of a sandbox (that they keep saying that this game is) if they don't give us options.
  • Options
    Forgeron wrote: »
    they kinda forgot that lot traits are a thing, I think.
    Would be useful to have a lot trait that allows spellcasters to do their thing there.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Stop it with the pandering to the none occult players in occult packs. Default should be ON. Toggle or lot trait to turn it off. Why should an occult player buy an occult pack then have to go round every single lot in the game to turn it on? LoL people are so used to apologizing to the realism crowd. Lot trait to turn it OFF.

Can you imagine buying seasons then having to go to every lot individually in build mode to use up a lot trait and turn it on?
  • Options
    What you see with Spellcasters is the result of the nerfing of Vampires. Want to know how and why this started? Well it all started because the Guru's decided to make a pack solely dedicated to occults, aka the vampires. Where they would be properly fleshed out and not cramed in as a side feature to a bigger pack (ala Aliens and Mermaids.)
    On paper, this was a perfect idea, that way people who wanted the life state and occult themes would be happy and people who didn't would also be happy. a guaranteed win-win situation. Or so they thought.
    Turns out that people were unhappy with the gothic BB&CaS items being locked away in a pack dedicated for vampires, because how dare the Guru's try to please everybody.
    So, as a result, realism players who hate occult type gameplay brought the pack for the decore items, so naturally, when the occult gameplay kicked in and started to add unlife to the game, the people who brought the pack but didn't want the main feature started to complain on here, Twitter, Facebook etc about suddenly having vampires in their game, when they didn't want them in the first place. Even going as far as to directly contact the Guru's directly to ask for a nerf, stating that the "occult gameplay was taking over normal gameplay", the Guru's eventually caved to the pressure and nerfed NPC vampire behaviour to a 00.01% chance of happening outside of the "tutorial" break-in at the start of nearly every new save.
    To this day there are still people complaining about "excessive" vampire break-ins, IMHO they are either lying or are over exaggerating and mistaking a "break-in" for when vampire NPC's turn up at their sim's door-step of a night time for a random visit, which isn't technically a break-in, it's a neighbourhood interaction. There are a difference people! JFC, this topic still gets my goat.

Anyway, this is why Spellcatseres are so restrained, they're shackled to the Magic Realm and behaving like normal non-occult sims because the Guru's didn't want to deal with the "backlash" from realism players again (This also bounces back to Alien abductions being dialled down and Mermaids being so underdeveloped as well). I mean fair enough if you don't want supernatural elements/occult gameplay in your game, but when you buy a pack that has occult/supernatural themes or elements as it's the main selling feature, you don't have a right to complain about it, since you're the one who brought it, you have no one to blame but yourself, so suck it up.

Sorry, this topic just infuriates me. None of the occult gameplay lovers, that I know of, harass the devs over the decision to add more "normal" gameplay, but the moment there is even a lick of supernatural themes the Realism players just come marching out of the woodwork "reee-ing" at the top of their lungs.

Well maybe they should get a louder back lash from the unhappy Occult players. Sitting back and being grateful for a few crumbs isn't getting any one anywhere. I feel for those waiting six years for fairies and werewolves, not to mention those smaller few who are waiting for zombies. I certainly don't mean to be rude about it or be insulting to the devs. But if people want their occult less neutered they need to keep saying so.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    What you see with Spellcasters is the result of the nerfing of Vampires. Want to know how and why this started? Well it all started because the Guru's decided to make a pack solely dedicated to occults, aka the vampires. Where they would be properly fleshed out and not cramed in as a side feature to a bigger pack (ala Aliens and Mermaids.)
    On paper, this was a perfect idea, that way people who wanted the life state and occult themes would be happy and people who didn't would also be happy. a guaranteed win-win situation. Or so they thought.
    Turns out that people were unhappy with the gothic BB&CaS items being locked away in a pack dedicated for vampires, because how dare the Guru's try to please everybody.
    So, as a result, realism players who hate occult type gameplay brought the pack for the decore items, so naturally, when the occult gameplay kicked in and started to add unlife to the game, the people who brought the pack but didn't want the main feature started to complain on here, Twitter, Facebook etc about suddenly having vampires in their game, when they didn't want them in the first place. Even going as far as to directly contact the Guru's directly to ask for a nerf, stating that the "occult gameplay was taking over normal gameplay", the Guru's eventually caved to the pressure and nerfed NPC vampire behaviour to a 00.01% chance of happening outside of the "tutorial" break-in at the start of nearly every new save.
    To this day there are still people complaining about "excessive" vampire break-ins, IMHO they are either lying or are over exaggerating and mistaking a "break-in" for when vampire NPC's turn up at their sim's door-step of a night time for a random visit, which isn't technically a break-in, it's a neighbourhood interaction. There are a difference people! JFC, this topic still gets my goat.

Anyway, this is why Spellcatseres are so restrained, they're shackled to the Magic Realm and behaving like normal non-occult sims because the Guru's didn't want to deal with the "backlash" from realism players again (This also bounces back to Alien abductions being dialled down and Mermaids being so underdeveloped as well). I mean fair enough if you don't want supernatural elements/occult gameplay in your game, but when you buy a pack that has occult/supernatural themes or elements as it's the main selling feature, you don't have a right to complain about it, since you're the one who brought it, you have no one to blame but yourself, so suck it up.

Sorry, this topic just infuriates me. None of the occult gameplay lovers, that I know of, harass the devs over the decision to add more "normal" gameplay, but the moment there is even a lick of supernatural themes the Realism players just come marching out of the woodwork "reee-ing" at the top of their lungs.

Well maybe they should get a louder back lash from the unhappy Occult players. Sitting back and being grateful for a few crumbs isn't getting any one anywhere. I feel for those waiting six years for fairies and werewolves, not to mention those smaller few who are waiting for zombies. I certainly don't mean to be rude about it or be insulting to the devs. But if people want their occult less neutered they need to keep saying so.

I agree I do think it's time occult players were more vocal and started pestering the devs more, especially since any semblance of occult gameplay ends up getting swept away in order to keep the "realism" players happy. 2021 should be the year the occult simmers are put on the priority list, instead of them wasting effort on farming, free babies, cars or whatever the rest of the fandom wants. XP
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I'm a hybrid player, that means I play regular family play but also adding occult to the family either ancestor is a vampire or their descendant, it infuriates how the vampire been nerfed to the ground, vampire break in was one of the features I really loved when night is quiet and chill but suddenly vampire breaking in to have a snack at your sims, But I don't complain as often because complaining in this forum you get labeled as complainer/negative user pretty easy by the so called positive players.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2021
    I kinda like that they keep their magic business secret to the regular world. I'm a Harry Potter nerd though and it's like the whole Wizards and Muggles thing for me in my imagination. Sometimes I see them on their brooms and I've actually considered getting a mod to stop that.
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member

I was really vocal with my support for Realm of Magic when it came out, rebutting all the "we didn't ask for this" type of comments, praising the simguru tweets, posting my own gameplay on tumblr, reporting bugs that I found in test saves, etc. And honestly? I shouldn't have to feel like I *need* to do this just to have a chance at more occult packs in the future. Sims 1 gave us the beautiful Makin' Magic expansion, Sims 2 started a trend of an occult being added to every pack, Sims 3 followed that trend of a new occult in every pack AND gave us a Supernatural expansion. I should feel confident that eventually Sims 4 will add all the occults previous games have had + more.

But I don't, and it's exhausting, feeling like I need to constantly do my part. I like mixing realistic and occult content together, and I think most occult fans do this as well because I don't really see us complaining that much on realistic packs. But the moment a pack catered to us occult fans comes out, all the realism players just bully us in the comment section. It's mentally exhausting and I really can't stand to "do my part" for much longer.

I'll be buying every occult pack on day 1 at full price, and everything else will be bought on sale. But constantly giving feedback just for SimGurus to favor the realism players at every possible corner is too much. I wish it didn't have to be like this.
  • Options
    Hmm, yes. Finally, the occult players are starting to see my side of things. Shout your demands. Fly your banner. Lead your crusade. Never give up until you get what you deserve. It's time to wave the flag of rebellion.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    Gordy wrote: »
    Hmm, yes. Finally, the occult players are starting to see my side of things. Shout your demands. Fly your banner. Lead your crusade. Never give up until you get what you deserve. It's time to wave the flag of rebellion.

I think all occult players have been feeling this way for a very long time, it's about time our silent outrage bubbled over though. So it's time we demanded the Guru's to give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Time for them to reverse the nerf! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I needed this thread.
  • Options

I think all occult players have been feeling this way for a very long time, it's about time our silent outrage bubbled over though. So it's time we demanded the Guru's to give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Time for them to reverse the nerf! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment.
    Exactly. We're powerful together. We just need to put up a united front and reclaim what we lost. Spam #justiceforbonehilda on Twitter, make Reddit threads about how the game defanged our vampires. Let them know that we deserve our peculiar friends, and we won't settle for any nerfs or shallowness.

Bring back my boy Torch, EA.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options

Exactly. We're powerful together. We just need to put up a united front and reclaim what we lost. Spam #justiceforbonehilda on Twitter, make Reddit threads about how the game defanged our vampires. Let them know that we deserve our peculiar friends, and we won't settle for any nerfs or shallowness.

Bring back my boy Torch, EA.

Agree.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Agree 100% that occult players need to be more vocal. We're just sitting quietly in the corner, waiting for our piece of the pie, but its never enough, so we do like Oliver Twist, look up at Eaxis and go "Please, sir, could I have some more?". There is never enough! And when we finally get something, the devs give in to the complaining, and there goes the Nerfbat.

I really wish Eaxis wasn't such a pushover. They are so afraid of "triggering" and "offending" people, they don't dare make the game what it could be. They have removed/not added features many loved and enjoyed, because they are overly considerate. They've gone soft, and its hurting the game. We can't let anything unnatural ruin the Happy Realistic Family Play, can we? Well, guess what. My vamps and mersims and spellcasters have families too. They get married and have kids, and do normal family stuff. Imagine that.

BTW, Maxis? I'm still waiting for fairies!

Mods can do wonders in this game. Vampires and aliens (probably other occults too, I never look into those settings) can be humanized and/or culled, and you can prevent them from spawning. Personally, I think that's a better solution than to nerf them to bits.