Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken?

Everyday I find something else that has issues. Today green smoke is coming out of all my sims plants, BUT !!! there is nothing wrong. They don't need watering or weeding. My sims work schedule shows no work at 8am, but at 8:45am he's late. His hours are 8-4. Toddlers won't eat food. Mom made chicken stir fry nope, fish and chips nope, now their bar is deep red and I'm getting notices that they will be taken away. How do I know what to make that they will eat. game keeps telling me something was removed but I don't know what or why it keeps happening. I don't use CC. They stand in one spot for what seems like forever.

Comments

• Options
    DeajkDeajk Posts: 17 Member
    I haven’t grown any plants to notice, but I was having problems with the refrigerator. If my sim put away food and then tried to eat it later, he would X out the action and just stand there. He could only eat if i made fresh food every time or did the quick meal option. Although, if I went to a friend’s house, he could eat their leftovers. So weird.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    If you go to the official help form you can do a "me too" on "plants play dead" thread. To fix it exit the game and do a repair. All the plants that were playing dead will go back to just planted. They will regrow but it may take a while.

My plants play dead when the environment changes even though I have all the eco lifestyle stuff off in options. Repairing your game will fix it but it will happen again at random. Yes, the game is broken!

My toddlers are fine but they do not finish a meal. I have to make them eat the same dish again or sometimes it's just easier to feed them fresh produce from the garden. I just drag it to their inventory. Warning: the fresh produce will fall off the toddler if they play with a Sim. It's like it falls out of their pockets when they are tossed in the air or something even though they ate it. I just drag it back to their inventory so they can eat it again. It sounds gross but it works. Yes, the game is broken.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Deajk wrote: »
    I haven’t grown any plants to notice, but I was having problems with the refrigerator. If my sim put away food and then tried to eat it later, he would X out the action and just stand there. He could only eat if i made fresh food every time or did the quick meal option. Although, if I went to a friend’s house, he could eat their leftovers. So weird.

I had the same issue with the refrigerator. They would not eat leftovers, but that seems to work now. I like growing a garden because it brings in money everyday.
  • Options
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    If you go to the official help form you can do a "me too" on "plants play dead" thread. To fix it exit the game and do a repair. All the plants that were playing dead will go back to just planted. They will regrow but it may take a while.

My plants play dead when the environment changes even though I have all the eco lifestyle stuff off in options. Repairing your game will fix it but it will happen again at random. Yes, the game is broken!

My toddlers are fine but they do not finish a meal. I have to make them eat the same dish again or sometimes it's just easier to feed them fresh produce from the garden. I just drag it to their inventory. Warning: the fresh produce will fall off the toddler if they play with a Sim. It's like it falls out of their pockets when they are tossed in the air or something even though they ate it. I just drag it back to their inventory so they can eat it again. It sounds gross but it works. Yes, the game is broken.

I repair so often now. Every time there's an issue that's the first thing I do in hopes it fixes or at least helps. I put fresh produce in every sims inventory so they always had something to eat. Great for Archeology. But a while back ago something weird happened and if you had them it fresh produce they had to run to the bathroom over and over. It went right through them. Thank goodness they seem to have fixed it but I'm still going slow and making sure they are near a bathroom. I don't trust this game. Anything can go wrong. Soooo annoying.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    I'm having the same issues. Gas coming off perfectly healthy plants for no reason. Then they go back to dirt piles.

Sims cooking and cooking but not eating. They don't recognize leftovers anymore.

Lots of standing around doing nothing especially in larger housholds. One family was unplayable for me but the next time I went in they were running fine. Seems to come and go. I'm on ps4.
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited January 2021
    For some reason, I am not having any of these problems anymore. My sims live on left-overs because I am always leveling someone's cooking :D I have a lot of families so the toddler issue would ruin my game too. And all my sims have at least a small garden, a couple very large.

I can't tell from your posts whether you play on PC or console. I play on PC.
    I would also like to add that I do use mods and cc.

Addressing each issue you all mentioned:

I did have the standing-around issue in one house but I discovered it was because my Sim, who was an artist, had tons of paintings and photographs everywhere. Someone on the forum mentioned that the art makes that lot's tray file bloated so I had to move a lot of the art and photos to an "art museum" and that solved that problem. If you have a lot of art and photos in your house, it may be slowing down your sims.

My toddlers eat best when in a high chair. You put them in it then click on the chair and you can give them food and drink directly from there. Works every time. If your toddler's skills are maxed then they will eat the food directly from the counter or table and sit in a regular chair but usually, a living chair.

As for the gardening, since so many people have complained about this, I took a look at my gardens. The only thing I can say is that I don't use the garden boxes most of the time. This is because I found that if I plant them directly in the ground I can organize my garden a little better. Although I don't recall ever having problems with the green smoke, I have noticed that when my plants are out of season, they turn back into little dirt piles. I don't know whether this is intentional or not but I don't care because they are out of season. Check your lot traits. Try using the Great Soil trait and see if that fixes anything and try planting directly in the ground.

If you have a pc, try shutting down other background tasks, especially if you have an older pc.

And my final suggestion, if you are on PC: Move your Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder onto your desktop. Repair your game. Start the game, create a new save. Set all your game settings up the way you like them. Save and exit. Go into the Sims4 folder, delete the save and tray files and replace them with the ones on your desktop. Also, your screenshots, videos, and custom music if you had anything in those. Start your game and see if anything was fixed.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options
    I'm having the same issues. Gas coming off perfectly healthy plants for no reason. Then they go back to dirt piles.

Sims cooking and cooking but not eating. They don't recognize leftovers anymore.

Lots of standing around doing nothing especially in larger housholds. One family was unplayable for me but the next time I went in they were running fine. Seems to come and go. I'm on ps4.

Yes, the standing around forever is driving me crazy to. I'm also having an issue where the sim will only follow one direction and sometimes only half way. Example: Go to toilet and take shower. He drops the toilet part and goes to shower and just stands there. Take shower only. Ok, now go to toilet ,ok. Now get food, just stand there, get food, ok. Now eat it. OMG Stop just stop.
  • Options
    For some reason, I am not having any of these problems anymore. My sims live on left-overs because I am always leveling someone's cooking :D I have a lot of families so the toddler issue would ruin my game too. And all my sims have at least a small garden, a couple very large.

I can't tell from your posts whether you play on PC or console. I play on PC.
    I would also like to add that I do use mods and cc.

Addressing each issue you all mentioned:

I did have the standing-around issue in one house but I discovered it was because my Sim, who was an artist, had tons of paintings and photographs everywhere. Someone on the forum mentioned that the art makes that lot's tray file bloated so I had to move a lot of the art and photos to an "art museum" and that solved that problem. If you have a lot of art and photos in your house, it may be slowing down your sims.

My toddlers eat best when in a high chair. You put them in it then click on the chair and you can give them food and drink directly from there. Works every time. If your toddler's skills are maxed then they will eat the food directly from the counter or table and sit in a regular chair but usually, a living chair.

As for the gardening, since so many people have complained about this, I took a look at my gardens. The only thing I can say is that I don't use the garden boxes most of the time. This is because I found that if I plant them directly in the ground I can organize my garden a little better. Although I don't recall ever having problems with the green smoke, I have noticed that when my plants are out of season, they turn back into little dirt piles. I don't know whether this is intentional or not but I don't care because they are out of season. Check your lot traits. Try using the Great Soil trait and see if that fixes anything and try planting directly in the ground.

If you have a pc, try shutting down other background tasks, especially if you have an older pc.

And my final suggestion, if you are on PC: Move your Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder onto your desktop. Repair your game. Start the game, create a new save. Set all your game settings up the way you like them. Save and exit. Go into the Sims4 folder, delete the save and tray files and replace them with the ones on your desktop. Also, your screenshots, videos, and custom music if you had anything in those. Start your game and see if anything was fixed.

I use a PC and I've never used cc, mods, or cheats. My knowledge about computers is zilch. I plant directly into the ground. As far as background stuff I have nothing open. I just play sims, email, and goggle, that's about it. And because of so many issues I started a new save. So this is just one family in a new save.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    @Behappy1st I've been simming since S1. Never thought I would be a console player but it works for me, when the game is actually working. Shame I've yet to get a save how I want. Meaning all my venues are organized, families are set, clubs are made, a generation is born. Whenever my save gets mature I have to start over. The lag, stuttering, sims not doing anything, half animations where they aren't moving their mouths or something. Yes, new saves work better. Too bad Sims aren't lively enough for one household to hold my attention. The unseasned premades need spicing up, families, drama, town connections. I try to give them a little of that if I'm using them. Rotational play was something I discovered because I had to Google how people made this game fun! But even with the gameplay flaws, it's the game bugs that ruin it for me. I have had it for 3 years and I've maybe had a combined 4 months of as intended gaming. Felt like my game crashing lasted a whole year. I was never a player to use cheats for needs, ever! Now I don't believe I could play a family without them. It's a problem.
  • Options
    It just doesn't stop. My toddlers are sad because someone close died. BUT, NOBODY DIED. I mean nobody in the whole game. It's a new save, I've only been playing for a little while. And I aged umps Toddler and went to CAS and got a second message they aged up. I went to build mode and got a third message they aged up. Over and over. Again, yea, I got it the first ten times you told me.
  • Options
    SantiagoWittSantiagoWitt Posts: 40 Member
    Many good points here which have been confirmed by gurus and game changers. The longer you play a save, the worse it gets. The more objects you have in your house and inventory, the worse it gets. Bigger households create more problems because they naturally increase simulation lag. I didn’t understand simulation lag until I watched Carl’s recent video called, “How does the Sims 4 work and why are Sims sometimes slow?” After that, I can see it play out constantly with my 6 member household (and 1 dog). Why is my sim staring into space when I told him to get something to eat from the fridge? When I look around, I can usually find one of the kids, out of sight on the second floor, autonomously heading to the fridge. A sim won’t go to the fridge if another sim has that action queued up first. I had this happen on a date once, where my sim’s date stopped interacting. They were upstairs in the Central Park clubhouse. I couldn’t figure out why none of my socials were landing. After a few minutes, some random npc showed up and started chatting my date up. That npc came from the street, but as soon as he autonomously decided to say hi to my date (while he was still outside), none of my socials would complete because his social was first in the queue and had to complete before any of my socials would work.