Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Devoted to Spouse" Aspiration

What I was thinking today is what if there was a "Devoted to Spouse" aspiration? For example, if you're devoted to your spouse, when you go to a public venue, your Sim won't be flirting with others and when another flirts with them, they reject it saying "Sorry, but I'm married."

So if you've got two Sims who are happily married and are perfect for each other, it would feel wrong when one of them visits another Sim's place and gets into bed with them.

Naturally this Aspiration would not be able to be used with "Serial Romantic" for obvious reasons.
2quwd7.gif

Comments

• Options
    EboyratEboyrat Posts: 3 New Member
    I feel like this would be better as a whole mod tbh. That way, you could have aspirations outside of being devoted to a spouse, Something with settings on it too, so you could decide if a sim autonomously cheats, or doesnt autonomously cheat. Plus that'd mean you wouldnt have to be married in order to avoid the cheating.
    Idk how to make mods so idk how easy or hard thatd be to do, or if its possible, but id like to see someone try that.
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    A perfect example of why I suggested this happened last night. Two Sims got married, very much in love with each other but soon afterwards, one of them had a whim to flirt with someone else.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    Isn't this the soulmate aspiration?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well, yes, such a thing would be great, but I don't think it has to be an aspiration. Plus there is an aspiration called "Soulmate" where sim wants to find the "one" and have a happy marriage together.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    What I was thinking today is what if there was a "Devoted to Spouse" aspiration? For example, if you're devoted to your spouse, when you go to a public venue, your Sim won't be flirting with others and when another flirts with them, they reject it saying "Sorry, but I'm married."

So if you've got two Sims who are happily married and are perfect for each other, it would feel wrong when one of them visits another Sim's place and gets into bed with them.

Naturally this Aspiration would not be able to be used with "Serial Romantic" for obvious reasons.

I like your idea
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    adamclark83adamclark83 Posts: 692 Member
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well, yes, such a thing would be great, but I don't think it has to be an aspiration. Plus there is an aspiration called "Soulmate" where sim wants to find the "one" and have a happy marriage together.

The "Soulmate" aspiration doesn't stop married people from having romantic affairs with others.
    2quwd7.gif

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I'd rather have this as a reward trait that I can buy with satisfaction points. Aspirations in this iteration are a series of goals, meant to be switched in and out of as needed, nothing life-defining. I wouldn't want my sims to be tied to a single aspiration for all their life just for them to stay faithful. There are devoted (for example) jungle explorers and nerd brains, too!
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so agree with adamclark83. I would love for a Devoted to Spouse Aspiration so that my married sims won't go flirt with just any sims when they are in-love with their spouse unless I'm playing the Black Widow. :D
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I would like something like this whether it was a trait or an aspiration. I never break up marriages in my game and if I know that 2 sims are a "couple" even if they're not married, I don't allow my sim to get flirty with them. I never use the "unflirty" trait because I'm always afraid it will also prevent my sim from being flirty with their significant other. Maybe a monogamous trait might work so if a sim is in a relationship they would be devoted to that sim.