Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Showtime Venue Advice?

I've recently got back into Sims 3 and was thinking of building a couple small venues and adding the Showtime objects to the hangouts & dive bars. Anyway, I recall reading here that there were some strict rules about the placement of the objects or they wouldn't function as expected, but haven't been able to locate that thread, so any idea of what I'm talking about, or just general tips.
Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    From what I can find, at the very least you need to place the showfloor for tables or NPCs won't be able to watch the shows. Otherwise, I'd open an EA venue lot and just see how they've set it up. :smile:
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited December 2020
    I just filter on Showtime and the objects I need are easy to find.

The lot type makes a difference too. It controls how long the place stays open and how it functions.

EDIT: I usually use Hangout as the lot type. Other particular venue lot types control opening and closing time and probably send different townies to the lot at different times so it all depends on how you want the lot to function. I've been known to change the lot type a few times to see what happens.

There is no spot for the proprietor when building in game but the proprietor does turn up if you place a showtime stage. If the proprietor fails to show after a reasonable wait I just reset the stage and a new proprietor is allocated.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Thanks for the advice, so hangout is best. I imagine you also need to leave some space for the proprietor by the stage, then?
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    Thanks for the advice, so hangout is best. I imagine you also need to leave some space for the proprietor by the stage, then?

The proprietor just wanders around the lot. I just set things up as I please without thinking about where the proprietor will be.

If I'm making a Performance Park, for example, then I'd make it a Big Park rather than a hangout. It all depends on what I decide to do at the time. If I don't like what's happening I'll try out some other lot type as you can easily change the lot type.