Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How 's Everyone's games playing since November patch and hot fix?

Is there still an issue, or is everything fixed now?
Still reluctant to update until I'm sure.
MLgj4Vx.png

Comments

• Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I think that there will always be some issues with this game, but I just patched mine and it's fine.

To minimize problems, I backed up and removed my mods when updating. Then, I instantly repaired my game, and put everything back after I ran it once without mods. I've had no problems.

The only thing I noticed is that Origin tried to use 100% of my CPU during the repair (which is obscene and a serious problem), but opening the settings menu while the repair was in process seemed to fix it.
  • Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, that's why I'm reluctant to do any further updates, but I'm still feeling the need to for some reason. I think I might hold off until after the December patch and read up on what's happening before I even attempt to.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited November 2020
    The update works fine for me. Only do a repair afterwards. Open stairs are still broken but it's fixable even when it doesn't look safe and LittleMssam (look up their tumbrl) made a bugfix for sims not aging up properly.

On a side note the other crash issues is currently caused by father winter not having in the game because his beard is kinda broken. And even with him (Clemens Frost) it will maybe cause issues. So it's best to remove him from Winterfest.
    Crin wrote about it.
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    February11 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes, that's why I'm reluctant to do any further updates, but I'm still feeling the need to for some reason. I think I might hold off until after the December patch and read up on what's happening before I even attempt to.

That's funny because I felt the opposite. I wanted the new EP so I felt pressured to update and make sure everything worked before the December patch. I feel like the December patch is going to break a lot of CC and will require a lot of waiting before it's safe.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    Game is running well enough, I have seen a lot of Youtubers who have a lot of lag, but that does not happen a lot in my game, still, my game is running on 40fps on average which is not that great for a gaming computer.

The new bugs that were introduced are a annoying, the open stairs, the aging bug and apparently plants are not growing as they should, my plants have green clouds over them for no reason. My sims autonomy also seems to have changed somewhat, sometimes they can cancel what they are doing to go do something else. It doesn't happen a lot for me though.

I have also seen people having environment bugs where their sims become uncomfortable for no reason, I don't have that issue because I use a mod from bienchen to get rid of the environment buffs. But the bugs seems to make a lot of people frustrated and sad, I have seen it both from James Turner and Dr. Gluon and they play without mods on very good computers.

I would say the game is okay right now with mods but it can be frustrating to play if you encounter a lot of these issues, I downloaded this patch because I wanted to play with Snowy Escape during the holidays. I am not planning to download the december patch, that could break CAS and CC and I don't want to wait until January for a fix. People are often pretty busy during the holidays.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I've had no issues. The game was crashing for a while after the first one but it hasn't crashed once or had any major problems since the fix.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    Still can't get open stairs to function.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    My game is stable now. The only problem I had was a crash in a restaurant but now they are fine. I've used restaurants recently with no issues. I have not had another crash. I think some major bugs were fixed.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    deleted
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Stable as of the latest hotfix, i forgot to repair the game after the patch but have no issue with the loading screen so I decided not to do any repairing.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    tegteg87tegteg87 Posts: 305 Member
    I had a new error code coming up everytime I tried to play a certain family, and would be booted back to the main menu after the hotfix, but I managed to fix it by moving them in with another family and then back out again on their own. The crashing every 20 minutes that the patch brought has been fixed by the latest update and no lag etc. Still have the aging bug, but it's not the end of the world, the game is at least playable now.
  • Options
    TeenWolf_1999TeenWolf_1999 Posts: 498 Member
    After disabling the audio, I hadn't had any crash issue either. However, hot fix definitely solved the crashing problem for me.
    VaguePepperyAmericancrayfish-max-1mb.gif
    Steam:Quanode
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    The only thing i've noticed is in the new world (i cant remember the name) people are in and out of my house all hours and job promotions arent happening when they normally would
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I noticed today that my sim in the Engineer career cannot phone and take a day off.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I had the crashing issue after the initial patch, but the hotfix fixed it. I do a repair as a matter of course, though as I've also been having Origin eat all my CPU after 3-4 packs, I just canceled all the packs out of the queue.

My game is now running as well as it was running before the November patch, which is to say there are random moments when it freezes to the point where I think it's going to crash (I think I'm on to a pattern here, but I'm not sure if it's real or my imagination), and then everything works again. I usually save right after I get those.
  • Options
    Hmm, that still doesn't inspire me yet to update. I'm so very tempted, but so very nervous.
    Thanks for all your replies.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    So far, so good. I never had any crashing, but updated anyway and then held my breath. I even have my mods and cc back in place. Yay, she's one happy camper. At least until the next patch comes along, that is …
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    LauraRLauraR Posts: 60 Member
    Mostly fine but I wish the kids would stop going to school in their underwear or PJs.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    The game is working fine for me, no crashes since the hot fix patch. My sims however are doing some things that are driving me crazy...

Cooking new food when there is food already in the fridge.
    Getting distracted while cooking food/Walking away to do other things and leaving the food half prepared.
    Kids and teens going to school in their nightwear.
  • Options
    Did many of the known glitches/bugs actually get fixed, or did it manage to create more?
    I know about the Father Winter one, and have disabled him from turning up.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    It’s not too bad since the new hot fix patch the one thing I have noticed is the sketch pad no longer completes art work for my teenage sim and this has nothing to do with the freelance career as she is in school. I don’t use mods and no longer have cc in my game so it’s not that. She can paint with the easel with no issue it’s just the digital sketch pad. I know it’s a minor thing but it is annoying.
  • Options
    madpurplefaeriemadpurplefaerie Posts: 1 New Member
    I have not been able to play more than a few minutes since the november patch without it freezing. Hot fix has made it worse
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Honestly, better than it has in many months. The biggest difference I notice is that my Sims now respond to commands instantly--before, there was a big lag time, and sometimes they wouldn't follow my commands at all
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I’ve had no issues with both patches.