Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Father Winter I`m sad

Father Winter never showed up for my male teen sim i`m so sad for him but i`m still gonna get him to open pressies

Comments

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Do you have a fireplace? He needs one to spawn.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    doesnt need one my other sims house didnt have a fireplace either and he just wlked into the houe after spawning outside
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    I've had the same issue @DizzyDi34 like since the new Nov 10 patch, they don't spawn Father Christmas. Not even in Uni dorms or anything. It's so random.
  • Options
    Well, I just had the winter holiday in my game, and I had a fireplace, and he didn't show up for me either, darn it.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Turn Father Winter off until a patch or it will destroy your save.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Father Winter is currently bugged, best to remove him from Winterfest.
  • Options
    DizzyDi34DizzyDi34 Posts: 449 Member
    :( i guess will just use the present piles then
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    I've found that Father Winter only shows up about 50% of the time for me. Another odd thing; I've also noticed that sometimes gnomes don't show up for Harvestfest
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Huh. I just had Winterfest and I had Father Winter appear and leave without issue. I’ll check the sizes of my save files out of curiosity. It’s not too late for me to revert back to an earlier save, but I’d really rather not! Is anyone else NOT having problems after Father Winter came?
  • Options
    I've never had any problems caused by his presence (no pun intended), it's just getting him to show up
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I just had Winterfest and Father Winter appeared and for the first time in ages - the toddler was able to get a present! Had no issues.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Well, my save file is not bloated. I’m not having issues so that makes sense. But I’m confused because my game seems to generate a new Father Winter often, even though when I look in Manage Households, I see the OG Father Winter, Clemens Frost.

The latest Father Winter was Matteo Keen, sporting a dark brown full beard. My sims also have a Mario with a dark beard in their relationships panel and I can’t say for certain, but I think he was another FW they had met.

Should I be worried? Scrolling through past save file dates, they have only grown incrementally. I’m guessing if I have taken damage I would know?
  • Options
    SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited November 2020
    DizzyDi34 wrote: »
    Father Winter never showed up for my male teen sim i`m so sad for him but i`m still gonna get him to open pressies

Unless you have a mod, he needs a fireplace to spawn at. It doesn't have to be in the house but somewhere near the lot, at least. Someone mentioned he was bugged. The only bug I have experienced is getting him to leave hahahaha
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • Options

Unless you have a mod, he needs a fireplace to spawn at. It doesn't have to be in the house but somewhere near the lot, at least. Someone mentioned he was bugged. The only bug I have experienced is getting him to leave hahahaha

😄
    There are worse things he could do than not leaving.

50292770703_67eccdef9e_b.jpg

(This is last year’s winter holiday. He autonomously showed up with that sword!)
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

😄

(This is last year’s winter holiday. He autonomously showed up with that sword!)

He gave the sim in the grey suit a femoral artery bleed for Winterfest too, that’s absolutely savage.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Do you have a fireplace? He needs one to spawn.

A fireplace is not required.

I had Christmas Day in-between the two recent patches and he did not arrive.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    I personal think father winter, should be an immortal sim, not even in the household management at all, an unplayable character, if they made the tutorial woman ageless, why not father winter lol
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I had Winterfest after the Nov 10 patch and nothing seemed off to me. I stopped playing shortly afterwards and haven't been back to that save so I don't know if there were any lasting unpleasant consequences.

It was in one of my smaller saves rather than my main one with hundreds of hours and several dozen played sims, because I had heard that crashes were more common in bigger saves. Don't know if that made a difference here.
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member

Unless you have a mod, he needs a fireplace to spawn at. It doesn't have to be in the house but somewhere near the lot, at least.

He doesn't need a fireplace, I hardly ever have a fireplace in my homes (because hello, idiot sims!) and father winter always comes, he just spawns outside the house and walks right in, no mod needed, this is related to a bug, not the lack of fireplace.

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    He tends to show up on the late side around 8 PM. At first I thought he wasn't coming, but checked the game clock and it was a tad too early. He did show up around 8 however. Still not all of my Sims were able to greet him before he left.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    He tends to show up on the late side around 8 PM. At first I thought he wasn't coming, but checked the game clock and it was a tad too early. He did show up around 8 however. Still not all of my Sims were able to greet him before he left.

He's always late in my games. He shows up usually between 8:30-9
  • Options

😄

hahahahahaha That is hilarious.

• Options
    Cheekyimp wrote: »

Unless you have a mod, he needs a fireplace to spawn at. It doesn't have to be in the house but somewhere near the lot, at least.

He doesn't need a fireplace, I hardly ever have a fireplace in my homes (because hello, ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sims!) and father winter always comes, he just spawns outside the house and walks right in, no mod needed, this is related to a bug, not the lack of fireplace.

Interesting. I've not had him spawn without one myself. Of course, most of my lots are private lots so that may be why. Who knows.

• Options
    I never had him appear until I added a fireplace. I guess it was just coincidence.