Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

***Closed Thank you Everyone *** Help Me Decide (snowy escape)

Comments

• Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes but wait for a sale
    That's what I'm doing :D

Unlike EL (which I ultimately skipped) this pack seems fun. It also compliments my gameplay as a family player. But like EL it does seem to use many rehashed features so I don't think it's worth full price.

Edit: I miss getting things on sale. I have bought all the packs on release until Tiny Living which I bought weeks before it went on sale. The SW GP is irrelevant. I might also get NK on sale.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    I like and don't think it was a bad buy but o have my issues with it still and if you aren't sure best to wait for a sale.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other (in case I left something out)
    It is most certainly not worth it at full price in any event, after doing more research than expected, there are quite a few things that classify it like it is a game pack than an expac in content and value.

Honestly if you can get it at a deeper discount than 50%, it might be just worth it. However i put in other because ultimately i can't make that choice for you as to what you do with the new expac.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Yes buy it! I have it and no regrets
    I am one of the lucky Simmers that did not have any issues with the game after the update so have been able to enjoy the pack since its release. Its definitely one of the packs that comes in my top ten. Lots of activities and a beautiful new world. Fun aspirations and challenges. I personally love it and is enjoying it as much as I did seasons when it first released :)
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    I am really enjoying this pack and I have no regrets. But if you can get it on sale then why not wait? Save a few bucks for the holidays. Maybe ask for it for a gift for the holidays?
    :D:D<3
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I bought it, and downloaded it a few hours ago, but I have not been to the world yet. I don't play that way. I've got to set up the sims that will make the trip first. For me, that includes a few dinner dates. My sim taking her new bf to meet her dad, and making sure this is the one she wants to make the trip with.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    I'm buying it for sure, but only once it goes on sale. Everything I've seen from it looks amazing, but paying that much money for a pack right now isn't something I'm willing to do.
  • Options
    mia_noelle97mia_noelle97 Posts: 575 Member
    I really like it. I'm also a family player and this pack is great if you want to take your family on a vacation or even just living in the world. There's lots of stuff for them to do together. I have a couple of minor issues with it but that's really more with sentiments than the actual pack itself. Plus, the BB and CAS are really great, too, and if you have Seasons there's a lot more options for cold weather wear now.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Like any pack, it all comes down to whether or not you like the theme of it. If you can't think of any reason to buy it, you'd probably be better off not
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    It was gifted to me. I think it's a pretty good pack but if you want to hold out for a sale, that's probably a good idea.

I agree that it's a good pack for family play since it does incorporate different ages and level of skill. I think the winter sports were very well done. The world is beautiful but often quiet. I have some households to incorporate. I do think the GC builds in the game were very well done.

I know there was controversy over the shrine so it was removed unfortunately. I'd like the game better with an optional cultural skill like in Selvadorada or the ways that some island beliefs made it into Island Living. I still think it's a good pack.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    I think it's one of the better packs for me but as with every expansion I don't consider it enough content for the money. I would have to say get it in a sale.
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    I don't blame you for not getting the Star Wars pack, but I absolutely love Japanese culture so it was a no-brainer for SE. As far as family gameplay goes, it has a couple of family activities such as skiing and snowboarding, but children cannot rock climb.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @Babykittyjade You have a very positive attitude ๐Ÿ˜€ and I totally agree with you about getting zombies.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @Isharell Happy Birthday!! ๐ŸŽ‚
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    I have it, no regrets, but you should definitely wait for a sale so you can save some cash.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It's a beautiful world full of nice gameplays, CAS & Objects.
    It goes perfectly with City Living, Get Together, Seasons & Spa Day.
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    Lquinn wrote: ยป
    @Isharell Happy Birthday!! ๐ŸŽ‚

thanks! It's a bit early for my birthday but that's part of why getting the pack so early was such a happy surprise (combinatin Christmas and birthday present - Mom said "why wait?").
  • Options
    EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    I don't know yet. I have to try the expansion pack. I am getting it as a Christmas present.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    If you're undecided then your best option seems to be wait for a sale.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    edited November 2020
    The get it now votes were highest and i am pretty sick at the moment (yes I wear a mask, I am in the medical field, I have a URI my covid test was negative *thank you lovely mask* ) BUT I also have 2 autoimmune diseases that makes recovery take longer) .....

SO I am in need of entertainment. I went ahead and got it this morning and plan to explore. Thank you everyone for voting I'm going back through and handing out "awesomes"
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    Yes but wait for a sale
    The get it now votes were highest and i am pretty sick at the moment (yes I wear a mask, I am in the medical field, I have a URI my covid test was negative *thank you lovely mask* ) BUT I also have 2 autoimmune diseases that makes recovery take longer) .....

SO I am in need of entertainment. I went ahead and got it this morning and plan to explore. Thank you everyone for voting I'm going back through and handing out "awesomes"

Get well soon and enjoy the pack <3
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited November 2020
    Yes but wait for a sale
    Probably will be on holiday sale next month , hopefully every snowy escape bugs will be fixed by then.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited November 2020
    I love the pack but I'm pretty easy to please. I think the snowy mountain top is beautiful, the japanese style neighborhoods are unique and interesting. The kotatsu and hot pot make gathering sims around to talk for an extended period of time easy. A couple of the hairstyles are good. I love some of the clothes. I think the "hike" feature is neat. It's a comfortable chill walk and the sims look like they're enjoying themselves. The proper trait is really wonderful and i also enjoy the respectful interactions(available to most sims).
    If $40 is a stretch, of course don't rush to buy it until it's on sale.

EDIT: NM you already bought! Yay!
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member

Please feel better soon!
  • Options
    Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 336 Member
    You can never go wrong with waiting on a sale. Plus by then some patches should have come out to fix some issues. Personally I passed on this pack because it feels too samey to stuff I already have with other packs.