Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please let us build restaurants with Kotatsu tables

SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
edited November 2020 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Sorry for making yet another thread in the feedback section but dear sims team ... Why don't the Kotatsu tables count as tables in restaurants? I was working on the restaurant in the screenshot below when I suddenly realized that I "didn't" have any dining spots yet.

I *really* hope this is an oversight cause while I understand we can't use the hot pot in restaurants, I don't see why you couldn't program these tables as acceptable restaurant tables .. :)

Thanks.

95HetHf.png

Comments

• Options
    KikiSparks1209KikiSparks1209 Posts: 20 Member
    FINALLY, a thread detailing the issue I've got. I decided to build a "themed" section of restaurants in Newcrest, all based on various cultures that we have enough menu items for. The first one I was going to make was going to be an Asian-style restaurant with kotatsu tables, and I went to place down the items, aaaaand... It didn't count.
    Come on, EA, work with us here! We get so little cross-pack content, the least you can do is make the content FUNCTION together!
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    Yes that would be nice !! And in Japan I think you can find these tables in restaurants (not every restaurant though).
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Or they can create another lot type called "Japanese Restaurant" just like "Tiny Residential" for Residential lot type.
    that function the same but have few differences that allow hotpot to be usable, being an Expansion Pack it should've support another packs that came before it.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    After they add the Hotpot to restaurants can we get Fondue restaurants.
  • Options
    izecson wrote: »
    Or they can create another lot type called "Japanese Restaurant" just like "Tiny Residential" for Residential lot type.
    that function the same but have few differences that allow hotpot to be usable, being an Expansion Pack it should've support another packs that came before it.

Please don't give them ideas 😂

If is see the Japanese Dining SP, I'll know where to come find you xD
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Yeah this was my question when I first saw the table. I was very disappointed when they said it was not possible in the live stream. They did however say they were working on it so hopefully it will happen.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Me reading this:
    Hot Pot meals are now part of Restaurant Menus! I miss the times I would go to eat Hot Pot at a restaurant. One of my favorites has a conveyor belt that carries your fixings never leaving your table for a thing. *happy sigh*

Then opening the game only to realize: nope lol still not the table, ONLY the hot pot.

Devs, really, if you're gonna add the hot pot, puhleeeaaaase add the table too.
  • Options
    TammorsTammors Posts: 357 Member
    I lived in Japan for several years, and don't remember ever seeing a kotatsu in a restaurant. That's something people have in their homes, so maybe they think it's too casual for restaurants? Or maybe the restaurants don't want have to deal with the laundry bills for the kotatsu futons? A restaurant would probably be expected to wash them every night.
  • Options
    IzzyDavisIzzyDavis Posts: 1 New Member
    Alright, so I just got to thinking how cool it would be to be able to build a restaurant with kotastu tables. And as I'm building it, I click on "Dining Spot" and the kotatsu tables are in there (both of them) but then you place and they don't count. Please please please, make kotatsu table functionable in restaurants soon.
    Much Love
  • Options
    Hope8Hope8 Posts: 46 Member
    edited December 2020
    I agree! I also made a restaurant and placed a big kotatsu table, only to find out it doesn't work. It's such a nice feature. I hope they'll add it for restaurants in an update or a Japanese Dining SP would be even better @SimTrippy! Or just a Japanese stuff pack in general that includes those things would be awesome. :)<3 Yeah, I know that probably will never happen lol.
  • Options
    Tammors wrote: »
    I lived in Japan for several years, and don't remember ever seeing a kotatsu in a restaurant. That's something people have in their homes, so maybe they think it's too casual for restaurants? Or maybe the restaurants don't want have to deal with the laundry bills for the kotatsu futons? A restaurant would probably be expected to wash them every night.
    I get it may not be a thing people actually do in Japan (also never seen it at a Japanese restaurant for that matter), but I still want to be able to do it in my game - since you know, it’s a game :D

But I don’t really see them adding it anymore, although why is beyond me, it’s not like waiters actually put anything on the table, it’s like most TS4 animations more of a whirl, so why not whirl the food on my kotatsu table 🤷🏻‍♀️
  • Options
    As I said, they don't use them much in restaurants in Japan, probably because of the laundry bills.

BUT, now that I've played the game, I realize it doesn't have a non-kotatsu low table option either. I was surprised when I went into the izakaya and all the tables were the western-style ones that you sit on with chairs. What kind of izakaya is that ??? Every izakaya I've been too had short tables on tatami floors that you could sit on the floor with. They really need some low tables so that Sims could sit on the floor, and not just the heated kotatsu. s

In fact, they probably could just include a design option under the kotatsu that has the table and floor cushions, without the cover and heating element. Or they could make zabuton floor cushions, and an option to sit on the floor around coffee tables if you have zabuton.
  • Options
    Speaking of Japanese restaurants, how do you set it up so that sims will take their shoes off when they enter your house (or restaurant) ? My daughter and I both built houses in the Japanese town, and people walk around in them with their shoes on. People also walk all over the onsen with them on. It's strange.

• Options
    Lee12321Lee12321 Posts: 318 Member
    I hope this gets fixed! it would be great to be able to use Kotatsu tables in restaurant builds
  • Options
    leejinsol95leejinsol95 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Tammors said:
    > Speaking of Japanese restaurants, how do you set it up so that sims will take their shoes off when they enter your house (or restaurant) ? My daughter and I both built houses in the Japanese town, and people walk around in them with their shoes on. People also walk all over the onsen with them on. It's strange.

If you go into build mode and search for "Taming the Shoe" you should find a sign that you put by your front door. It will make people take their shoes off when they enter. Not sure if it's a wall dec or a misc dec. But yeah, took me a second to find it too.
  • Options
    leejinsol95leejinsol95 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimTrippy said:
    > Sorry for making yet another thread in the feedback section but dear sims team ... Why don't the Kotatsu tables count as tables in restaurants? I was working on the restaurant in the screenshot below when I suddenly realized that I "didn't" have any dining spots yet.
    >
    > I *really* hope this is an oversight cause while I understand we can't use the hot pot in restaurants, I don't see why you couldn't program these tables as acceptable restaurant tables .. :)
    >
    > Thanks.

I directly tweeted the gurus about this with a pic of my kotatsu restaurant, and I got ghosted sooooooooo... yeah, they really missed the mark on this one.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Agree, and also I wish toddlers could sit at them
  • Options
    muzemuze Posts: 108 Member
    I got excited and downloaded a sushi restaurant from the gallery but it took hours to get seated, then my sims just wouldn't sit for some reason, go to the vending machine while waiting for the food, the food comes hours later and one of them doesn't get her order. I had to cheat their hunger bar to full and pretend they had a nice meal together. The restaurants are soo buggy. But kotatsu tables are buggy as well in my opinion or maybe I have bad luck. Maybe they couldn't function properly together, it was too buggy that they had to exclude them
  • Options
    lesometalesometa Posts: 14 New Member
    This is a super cute idea, I also want to see some sushi. And to be able to own a fast food restaurant!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    lesometa wrote: »
    This is a super cute idea, I also want to see some sushi. And to be able to own a fast food restaurant!

If you have the Cities expansion, you can order sushi from the street vendors, and your sim can get recipes for things sold by the food vendors if they eat them.

The Snowy expansion also has sushi at the street vendors, but you can't get the recipes to make them from the vendors there.