Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Snowy Escape Builds!

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    @CelSims very beautiful home!!! Is it on the gallery?

Also, I shouldn't have spoken too fast. It crashed again :joy: But I think if I stay in build mode it'll probably be fine.
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    @CelSims very beautiful home!!! Is it on the gallery?

Also, I shouldn't have spoken too fast. It crashed again :joy: But I think if I stay in build mode it'll probably be fine.

Yes think I called it just 'Machiya', my ID is in my sig
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I finished my restaurant. It's a little more basic than my restaurants usually are but that's cause I got a little annoyed toward the end lol

Here is the Hanamigawa Restaurant
    JADRFgu.png
    0sNAQU2.png
    5Ei6G2A.png
    WMh6sD7.png
    uecHeYT.png

Now I got annoyed because I wanted it to have Kotatsu tables BUT apparently those don't count so I had to redo it lol. First I was going to do something more like this:
    95HetHf.png

• Options
    I finished my restaurant. It's a little more basic than my restaurants usually are but that's cause I got a little annoyed toward the end lol

Here is the Hanamigawa Restaurant
    JADRFgu.png
    0sNAQU2.png
    5Ei6G2A.png
    WMh6sD7.png
    uecHeYT.png

Now I got annoyed because I wanted it to have Kotatsu tables BUT apparently those don't count so I had to redo it lol. First I was going to do something more like this:
    95HetHf.png

It looks lovely, I like simple, especially in lots I plan to use myself. Follows my IRL mindset, I have a massive 2 pictures total hanging in my house. Is the menu japanese?
  • Options
    @CelSims yes absolutely, has ramen, yakisoba, sushi rolls, and all the nigiri stuff + desert :) and it plays the radio station from the pack so it feels pretty oriental :D Thank you!
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    Not a full build but I took the empty room in the new lounge and turned it into a games room!
    fuwHw0y.png

It was nice to finally be able to use the Get Together arcade machine, I've never used it and I usually forget its there as it's too big for most lots but it seems to fit perfectly in this space and it has a Japanese vibe so it fits the world aswell!
  • Options
    @Onverser looks really cool! Love you put the karaoke machine in too, that's an excellent idea actually, since I think that fits the Japanese vibe too. And yes, I think I only ever use the arcade machine in bars & student hangouts bc it's just too big for everything else 😂 works really well here!
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @SimTrippy Why would the new tables not count? I mean sure, don't put a hot pot on it, but they should allow it as restaurant seating! An oversight? Maybe?

It should be allowed for a more authentic type of restaurant for the world. I'm surprised it's not made compatible for dine out.
  • Options
    fullspiral wrote: »
    @SimTrippy Why would the new tables not count? I mean sure, don't put a hot pot on it, but they should allow it as restaurant seating! An oversight? Maybe?

It should be allowed for a more authentic type of restaurant for the world. I'm surprised it's not made compatible for dine out.

I don't know :/ I really do hope it's an oversight because I quite liked having them in my restaurant ^^
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

I don't know :/ I really do hope it's an oversight because I quite liked having them in my restaurant ^^

Didn't Graham mention in the live thingy that they didn't work for restaurants? Maybe they couldn't do it... they have enough trouble as it is getting sims to sit and eat their meals lol.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

You could add the kotatsu in a separate room in the restaurant and pretend it's for private/VIP bookings.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »

You could add the kotatsu in a separate room in the restaurant and pretend it's for private/VIP bookings.

Yeah but it's not the same because no one would ever book that table. I just want to use it as a table since it is one :)

@elanorbreton I thought he only meant the hot pot which I totally understand since sims can cook it themselves, but I hope they will add the table since I can't see much of a reason why that wouldn't work (plus it's listed as a table). But hey the restaurant turned out okay without it, just would've preferred to make it more traditional.
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Belle Apres

A small family home created in Mt Komorebi using basegame and Snowy Escape packs only. This Japanese style build has 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, open plan kitchen, living and dining rooms plus a bbq patio at the rear :)

Download here
    More pics here

ZPE8hL6.png

OiW7Wih.jpg

BbylOKN.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    BuildingTheSimsBuildingTheSims Posts: 92 Member
    edited November 2020
    This was such a fun build. I absolutely love Snowy Escape & intend to spend the majority of my simming time, playing & building with this pack :D Gallery is : SimmerSince2000x Oh and this is a Restaurant

50611717166_a191d88c97_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 19-04-04 by sims girl, on Flickr

50610973683_f78f262d61_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 18-47-51 by sims girl, on Flickr

50610973588_29889b09e9_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 18-49-45 by sims girl, on Flickr

50611717621_98e10e4dd3_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 18-51-18 by sims girl, on Flickr

50610973463_26e3f76bc4_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 18-50-33 by sims girl, on Flickr

50611833492_2742d368d9_b.jpgTS4_x64 2020-11-16 18-55-10 by sims girl, on Flickr
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I just built this restaurant :

1MykMWK.png
    mvPsBQc.png
    RdWjltl.png
    WIKNiA6.png
  • Options
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Interestingly enough the new build features are mostly universally usable, not just for Asian themes. That awing thing, the big wood plank/ceiling rail you can place as a decorative feature and the matching collum? It's awesome! The first one that doesn't get decorative extras when touching a corner. Combined with the (general update) plattforms I can finally build the theater/opera lot of my dreams. Since the different levels count as 'in the same room' (unlike the old method -deleting the foundation to get split level) award ceremonies should work - have to check it out tomorrow. The rest of the opera house is still in shambles, more pics later when it is ready, if you want.

I've been building so much that my hands hurt^^
  • Options
    Lots of links to lovely builds here. I'm trying to find builds by Japanese simmers and Youtube is not being cooperative. If anyone has any links I'd love to see them.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Simlicy
    Winter Rental
    https://youtu.be/beyaPPWfqSc
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited November 2020
    Just finished playtesting and uploaded to the gallery:
    "Little Zen" Spa
    00.jpg
    Post edited by RavenSpit on
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited November 2020
    A small modern home in the newer Wakaba district (1 bedroom, 1 and 1/2 bath, zen garden, koi pond, spacious home office). I built this for my young childless power couple, Lee and Hana Suzuki:

Turn Ons - proper etiquette, dedicated worker, gardening
    Turn Offs - slob, rudeness, unemployed

fn7F9Wl.png

Front entry and half bath:
    mgQaoGg.png

Kitchen:
    KLQJPSA.png

Living/Dining/Office:
    ZleMt8g.png

Upstairs loft bedroom and bath:
    MsNoTEY.png

Upper deck meditation area:
    WRAWy1k.png

Post edited by AncientMuse on
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I can't work imgur (sorry, I tried).

I have uploaded my house to the gallery, stewby8. It's called the cube. Not looking for people to like it or download it or anything. Just wanted to show people my take on the pierisim house.
    :)
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited November 2020
    I saw Vixella's video where she made a house where every room is a different platform height so I tried doing the same and I'm pretty happy with the results!

Exterior is pretty simple, it wasn't the focus:
    oFPHof4.png

Floorplan:
    11-22-20-6-40-45-PM.png
    The front porch was +4, the dining room was +5, the bathroom was +3, the kitchen was +3 or +4 not sure, living room was -5, bedroom was -3 and back garden was -5 or -4.

Dining Room/Entrance: ( + 5 platform)
    11-22-20-6-10-23-PM.png

This is actually medium wall height but because the rooms raised so much it looks short

Living Room: ( - 5 platform)
    11-22-20-6-10-50-PM.png
    11-22-20-6-11-16-PM.png

This room is just off the dining room but because the platform is so much lower it needs an entire staircase to get down

Bathroom: ( + 3 platform)
    11-22-20-6-11-56-PM.png
    11-22-20-6-12-05-PM.png

Kitchen: ( + 3 platform)
    11-22-20-6-11-41-PM.png

Bedroom ( - 3 platform)
    11-22-20-6-12-28-PM.png
    I like this room a lot

Backyard: ( - 4 platform)
    11-22-20-6-12-51-PM.png
    11-22-20-6-35-17-PM.png

I'm really surprised how nice this house turned out even with the weird challenge