Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constantly bad Sentiments

Everything was fine until my sim came home angry from work and yelled at her child, giving said child the hurt sentiment. This child then went to his sister and yelled at her, giving her the same sentiment. Suddenly they have festering grudges and are constantly fighting. I worked hard to get them back to friendly, but it's slowly slipping down. Is there a way to change the sentiments? I tried to have them apologize, but they immediately go back to fighting.

Comments

• Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,194 Member
    Maybe try bribery, I mean gifting. :wink:
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Looks like I won my bet. :)
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    It could take days to fall off. I don't want this "drama" in my game. I used MCCC to turn off mean and mischievous interactions so it does not happen before I got the update. I didn't want to forget. I knew I was not going to like sentiments because of the livestream. They should be optional like fame and lifestyles.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,695 Member
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    It could take days to fall off. I don't want this "drama" in my game. I used MCCC to turn off mean and mischievous interactions so it does not happen before I got the update. I didn't want to forget. I knew I was not going to like sentiments because of the livestream. They should be optional like fame and lifestyles.

My impression is that most new features are very active when the pack is new, and later on get toned down a bit Either because the were taking too much attention, or because new features are given the lime light. I've not had a single negative sentiment yet, but if they come my way they will be welcome :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,728 Member
    Everything was fine until my sim came home angry from work and yelled at her child, giving said child the hurt sentiment. This child then went to his sister and yelled at her, giving her the same sentiment. Suddenly they have festering grudges and are constantly fighting. I worked hard to get them back to friendly, but it's slowly slipping down. Is there a way to change the sentiments? I tried to have them apologize, but they immediately go back to fighting.

Can you roll back a save? I had to do this when my sixth great-grandparents (Ancestral game save) had a nice small edge of pink on their relationship bar, gained the Deeply Connected sentiment and then she did something untoward. I can't recall if I directed her to the interaction (which I'm uncertain which it was) or if she did something autonomously. All I know is that suddenly he's telling her she's while she's beautiful, he doesn't feel that way about her. :open_mouth: Well, that puts the kybosh of that relationship. Gone was that fledgling pink bar.

Guess that means I don't really exist. LOL

Seriously, if you can, go back a save. Perhaps, you can curtail your angry Sim who came home from work in a foul mood, and turn things around. It's worth a try. I would do it in a heartbeat. Or don't save before you exit.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/