The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues after patch.

Comments

• Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    Okay, so how I finally got it to work was I did the following :

1. I have only Windows Defender on my PC, I have allowed the sims to make changes and added all the permissions and such as previously requested, but I completely turned off the antivirus system

2. Restarted my computer

3. Backed up my save files and tray and uninstalled and reinstalled the game

4. Restarted my computer and then it finally worked.

I was able to add back in my saves and it looks like everything is good now. thank you so much for all of your help! I hope this helps someone that is having the same issues as me.
  • Options
    spend4zenspend4zen Posts: 244 Member
    I have bit defender, The sims4 is listed in the allow through list and I do not get any virus warnings. All I get is the game is already running error. I think EA needs to fix this patch ASAP.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    You could try this:

Open Task Manager
    Look for Origin and Sims 4 in the list
    Right click on all of them choosing: end activity
  • Options
    You could try this:

Open Task Manager

thank for the suggestion but that was one of the first things I did. Only Origin was running. I have tried file permissions, updating my framework on windows, making sure windows is updated, defragmented the hard drive, uninstalled, re- installed, did a hard restart, nothing works. Still get error of gaming is already running.
  • Options
    You could try this:

Open Task Manager

thank for the suggestion but that was one of the first things I did. Only Origin was running. I have tried file permissions, updating my framework on windows, making sure windows is updated, defragmented the hard drive, uninstalled, re- installed, did a hard restart, nothing works. Still get error of gaming is already running.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Update: It turned out the culprit was my antivirus software (Sophos). Administrative permissions didn't seem to help, but my husband temporarily uninstalled Sophos to see if the game would load, and it did. It kind of surprised me, because in 20 years I'd never had issues with any antivirus software preventing me from loading my game and such. However, my husband decided to try it, because he ran into that issue with Mass Effect. I can't say this is the problem for everyone, but I just figured I'd throw that out there for anyone still having trouble.

Yup, I got a permissions request from my antivirus software too, and that has never happened before. I had Norton. I uninstalled it, and right now I am only using Windows Defender, that is built into my computer until I can reinstall PCMatic, which I hope will not cause a problem. I had other irritations with Norton pre-patch which is why I am switching but it sounds like there’s something in this patch that antivirus software doesn’t like, and it’s preventing the game from fully communicating with people’s PCs.
    I have Norton as my antivirus software and it did not stop me from installing the update, nor did I get a warning message.

The sims specific problem I had with Norton after patching was that I could not save to either my library or the gallery. Once I uninstalled Norton everything worked fine. I didn't however, uninstall Norton just because of that, I uninstalled because since I switched to it in September there has been noticeable slow down with my computer and especially in my game since I added it. So I went back to PC Matic which I only left because my internet provider offered Norton for free. You truly get what you pay for.

I have been playing for awhile with the new antivirus software and have had no issues so far. Likely because the patch was already in place when I added the antivirus software. I am sure what ever this issue is it's related to the patch as I have seen many people post that they have had a permission request from their antivirus software for this patch and they're also experiencing the crashing since. I really hope it can be fixed soon.
  • Options
    Can anyone explain to Me what should be checked in Windows fire wall for Sims4? I have four files. Two are Sims4-32bit, one is checked for public, one is checked for private. I also have two folders in windows firewall for Sims4-64bit .. I have a 64bit system. One file is checked for Public and one is checked for Private. I noticed all My other games have one file with both public and private checked. Why are the Sims so complicated??
  • Options
    I think I might just uninstall the whole thing until it is fixed before it ends up breaking My whole computer.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    You could temporarily turn off your computer protection.
    Deactivate Origin in Task Manager if you haven't.

Edit: I don’t have Windows Defender. You could try this advice
    https://crinrict.com/blog/2019/03/windows-10-defender-controlled-folder-access.html
  • Options
    I am reinstalling Sims3 on Origin, I have not played it in years, and see if it behaves the same way, if so I would think it might be an Origin problem? I am just really frustrated at this point.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,436 Member
    EdithV wrote: »
    Also I have the same amount of skin tones as I did before, is that right?

Yes, that's right, the big skin tone update isn't until December.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Dannakyri1 wrote: »
    Having the same issue. This is the first expansion pack I planned to actually buy at full price when it came out but now it looks like I won't be able to play at all unless they get this fixed. I did upload all the info they are asking for on the tech support board. The more people that do this the faster they will be able to figure out the issue so if you haven't yet, please do.

I clicked me too, I’d there somewhere I else I should report?
  • Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    Has anyone seen a SimGuru acknowledge the patch has caused so much frustration? I feel like in the past they have posted or tweeted they have seen our comments and are looking into possible solutions. So far I haven't seen anything. I really wanted to buy SE when it is released but obviously not going to if I can't even play.
  • Options
    If it is, it would be best to post in AHQ, where the EA CM can help you.

The technical section for Origin has a resurfaced thread on your issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin-Client-Web-Technical/sims-4-still-running-error/m-p/8338855#M52450

They don't really like 'necroing', but you could just make your own if they tell you.
  • Options
    EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Bird166 wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a SimGuru acknowledge the patch has caused so much frustration? I feel like in the past they have posted or tweeted they have seen our comments and are looking into possible solutions. So far I haven't seen anything. I really wanted to buy SE when it is released but obviously not going to if I can't even play.

Nothing yet 🙄 I hope they do something about it tomorrow
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I was worried it was just me :( it's a huge issue, so I'm sure we'll get a fix quickly
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    EdithV wrote: »

Nothing yet 🙄 I hope they do something about it tomorrow

Here you guys go. :)

• Options
    Chomper88Chomper88 Posts: 32 Member
    @spend4zen I used this to fix my game. you might want to try everything on there and then respond to the EA bot for help if none of those work.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Sims-4-refusing-to-open-up-after-the-November-patch-2020/td-p/9716410/highlight/false
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    candystormcandystorm Posts: 321 Member
    OP here. SimGuruNick has responded on twitter to say they are looking into it. Please post your issues on this thread if you haven’t already!

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Game-Crashes-after-November-2020-Patch/td-p/9719086
    Origin: twinklegalaxy
    Grim-Reaper-Sim.jpg

• Options
    Bird166Bird166 Posts: 443 Member
    @PlayerSinger2010 thank you for sharing! Fingers crossed they figure it out tomorrow!
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I was having issues with my game loading after I do what I always do with a major update. I removed my localthumbcache and my mods folder and started my test game. Once I uninstalled and reinstalled I could load the game but it was slower than doggie doo-doo. It crashed a couple of times. Luckily I get in the habit of doing something in build mode then save right afterwards whenever I decide hey let's build after any major update. I don't even have T.O.O.L mod installed to help me with my builds. I am building completely vanilla. I will be slowly adding everything back while playing a test game. I haven't even tested my occult household (a Vampire named Elizabeth who is married to my alien Zen they adopted a mermaid teenager Mara and a spellcaster child Madeline) I wanted to see how broken occults are going to be. I've only building.

Yes, the game crashed a few times playing vanilla. I'm glad now that I didn't preorder this pack. If it's this buggy so far with me playing vanilla and all I'm doing now is building Elizabeth and Zen's home now. I'm afraid to find other bugs and serious issues in the game. I'm afraid to see how badly broken my occult sims are going to be.

Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    I didn't have any crashes, but I did have the game go offline while I was playing. Maybe that has something to do with it?
    I also feel like the game isn't running that great. It's taking forever for sims to do anything. So that might also be contributing to crashes.
  • Options
    Toddly13Toddly13 Posts: 42 Member
    spend4zen wrote: »
    I am reinstalling Sims3 on Origin, I have not played it in years, and see if it behaves the same way, if so I would think it might be an Origin problem? I am just really frustrated at this point.

I've had no issues with Sims 3 today, so (at least for me) it was not an origin issue.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Oh man. I downloaded the patch yesterday, but I usually don't play until the weekend.
    I tested it for a few minutes and nothing happened, but I'm not sure if I'm in the clear, yet.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/