Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share Your Sentiment Gameplay

Comments

• Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    only played very briefly after the update due to time, so far I got 2 sentiments for one couple adoring and closer, as well as adoring for a mother towards her daughter.
    Can't wait to play today and test this for the bad sentiments with my evil sims :)
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    I wonder something about this new sentimental system.

If a sim has commitment issues, but is in a relationship and has a steady job, but keeps having the tensed moodlet, cause he/she feels trapped. If you push long enough through that moodlet, will this system kick in and actually change your sim into loving their life, job and relationship eventually without being tensed (of at least not that often)? This should be how it works imo.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I loaded a side-save and the teen (soon-to-be-adult) got 'Adoring' towards his mother the first time they talked despite being in a 'Distant' phase.
    On the other hand, I had the parents hit heavily on each other twice a day (all the way to both being very flirty) and all I got was her having 'closer from happy memories' towards him after a random joke.
    I'll see what happens when the son gets a chance to get romantically involved with his GF (god I hate the time when I have to wait because one is still teen and thus game blocks any romance) and see if anything interesting happens.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sim couple got the quality time sentiment whilst dining out.

In the meantime, a song for all of you...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KE4tGdcA9rY
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

Oki....I am patching the game. All my need to have mods checks out and my default skin and eyes. I want to try the sentiments as well and I have enjoyed reading about it here.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I wonder if modders will be able to create their own sentiments... time will tell, I guess...

This I want to see. Could be the beginning of something beautiful.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I have so many mods I probably need to wait for a while until everything is updated, but I'm really excited about sentiments (and Sim Profiles too!)
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    I have another character that's just starting off - she's been at the gym and Marcus Flex was mentoring her. She developed an "Impressed' sentiment because he was such a good gym instructor. So she gains confidence around him and her relationship grows super fast with him now.

that sounds really cool!
    I wonder if this can also happen when sims mentor others...especially if a parent or older sibling mentors a child, I would love that!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Okay, so I got something from it in my side-save. This (sorry for the lack of cropping) is the 'thought' bubble the pair got after proposing (two-way 'deeply in love')
    SV7hsJS.jpg
    She eventually invited my sim on date, which triggered 'Smitten' by the end.
    d9fnj2p.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2020
    I wish theyd add a way to type a bio out for your sim and view others'

• Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt Yeah, I miss that from TS2.
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    AyKooChao wrote: »
    @StrawberryYogurt Yeah, I miss that from TS2.

Do you know if theres a mod that does this?

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't get to play yesterday thanks to repair being slow but it's really nice seeing how much everybody is enjoying the sentiments.
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    @StrawberryYogurt No, unfortunately. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Does anyone know which sim guru takes feedback like this? I'd like to tweet this at them directly. It'd be a nice addition to the sim profile.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2020
    Duvelina wrote: »

Does anyone know which sim guru takes feedback like this? I'd like to tweet this at them directly. It'd be a nice addition to the sim profile.

You should do it. They may not always reply especially since they can't confirm or deny anything about what could be made, but they definitely see it. And I believe they put it on their list of considerations. Despite a lot of people always hollering they never listen. I see a loooooot of things this year added to the game that people were asking for (even if it was a long time ago because it takes a while😅😅) and I've seen several things I asked quite specifically.
    It never hurts to make suggestions 😃

I hope to see more sentiments stories shared! Love this thread 😃 I have a lot of mod updating to do before I can try out mine.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Using my previous screenshot for another comment...
    d9fnj2p.jpg
    If you look at the sentiments, those with 'lighter' color will eventually fade - the color starts being partly grey from up down, and once it would go completely grey, the sentiment is gone (but it can be back with the right interactions). Now, I wonder if those with rich green color last longer, or forever. Won't play anymore today, game crashed in CAS when I moved her in and wanted to get rid of the mismatched outfits, so putting it to rest for the day.

Either way, the 'Deeply in love' should last quite a while.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wanted to play and see how sentiments are but sadly my game has been repairing for over an hour now and still isn't even half way done. What is with the super slow repairing these days?

My only thought would be EA is in transition with Origin to the EA App.

As for sentiments, I guess I didn't work on that hard enough yesterday. None of my Sims in an 8-Sim household hold any sentiments, yet. Should be interesting to see what develops today. Yesterday, I was pretty much testing mods and such.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Duvelina wrote: »

You should do it. They may not always reply especially since they can't confirm or deny anything about what could be made, but they definitely see it. And I believe they put it on their list of considerations. Despite a lot of people always hollering they never listen. I see a loooooot of things this year added to the game that people were asking for (even if it was a long time ago because it takes a while😅😅) and I've seen several things I asked quite specifically.
    It never hurts to make suggestions 😃

I hope to see more sentiments stories shared! Love this thread 😃 I have a lot of mod updating to do before I can try out mine.

Absolutely! I prefer tweeting them over putting feedback on the forum because they're Twitter regularly and they've replied to me (and lots of others) before so it feels more helpful for some reason.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited November 2020
    Okay in the moments that my game isn't crashing I really like the sentiments!! My sim just got vampiric trainig from Lilith and right after he got this sentiment! How cool is that??

rICWSb3.png
  • Options
    AlrynnAlrynn Posts: 44 Member
    edited November 2020
    I had a fire in my game and my sim was saved by a firefighter. I got a notification message saying that my sim was very grateful for his life and that he will not forget that and after that he got a sentiment towards the firefighter: "Awed by Lifesaving Hero"
    I found it a very nice touch :)
    Sentiment.png
    Post edited by Alrynn on
  • Options
    BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    Yesss, that's something I've been wanting for so long!

I haven't had the chance to play around with sentiments yet, but I love seeing everyone else's experiences! Does anyone know if they can be cheated, modded, or added with a mod? Not to create your own, just to add them to sims? Asking for story-telling purposes lol.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    My sim get insulted by another another sim, now she has the "Hurt" Sentiment. Whenever she is around this sim, she gets a Sad moodlet, remembering when that sim hurt her. I'm curious to see how long this sentiment lasts.
    Pretty cool!
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I used MCCC to disable mean and mischievous actions because my good Sim could not write her book because she had a run in with Malcolm Landgraab while she was out collecting. Just adds something that limits me as a player. I might shut them off when I play this afternoon. I don't like them limiting what my Sim can do. They are just adding unwanted drama to my game. So far I don't like it.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    They look great so far then suddenly I remembered why I had to disable memories in S3 because it caused game bloat so I hope that does not happen with sentiments.