Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    IngeJonesIngeJones Posts: 3,247 Member
    I've been rebuilding the apartments in the city district. I so want platforms for them.
    does anyone know if you can place doors in platforms and use the underneath space?? oh and when is patch day???? please

According to gamechanger videos and articles we cannot place doors in the sides of a platform, and we can't use the space underneath. I think we need to manage our expectations, the main advantages of platforms over foundations are they can be placed right next to each other and still be different heights, and we can place them on all floors not just the lowest.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    I'm super excited about this pack I mean I loved Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting. I think it's mega funny that this is one of the only series left that still releases expansion packs and I have no problem buying them despite knowing how much I've already spent on TS4! 😋

Your friendly neighborhood console Simmer ♦️
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Can’t wait for the patch tomorrow!! It’s gonna be great. Already built a rental in sulani for my sims to visit while they wait on a snowy vacation option. So so excited!!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited November 2020
    I am going to be glued to the forum after tomorrow! So so excited to see the new things added to the game.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    This is the first pack/game I've ever pre ordered. Pretty excited for it to come out! I haven't really seen much about it other than building so I'm interested to see the rest of it
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I just realized that Valhalla will release the same day as the patch. I'm going to be torn :smiley:
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    patch day tomorrow wooop woop
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Isn't the patch always at 6pm here in the UK?
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

About then, yes.
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »

i think so
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    I've been rebuilding the apartments in the city district. I so want platforms for them.
    does anyone know if you can place doors in platforms and use the underneath space?? oh and when is patch day???? please

According to gamechanger videos and articles we cannot place doors in the sides of a platform, and we can't use the space underneath. I think we need to manage our expectations, the main advantages of platforms over foundations are they can be placed right next to each other and still be different heights, and we can place them on all floors not just the lowest.

You can put a door next to a platform. Like you open the door and immediately step down.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    > @Bearpal64 said:
    > I'm super excited about this pack I mean I loved Eco Lifestyle and Nifty Knitting. I think it's mega funny that this is one of the only series left that still releases expansion packs and I have no problem buying them despite knowing how much I've already spent on TS4! 😋
    >
    > Your friendly neighborhood console Simmer ♦️

Me too, this promises to be the best pack yet. Also excited for the patch, hopefully it isn't game breaking.
  • Options

You can put a door next to a platform. Like you open the door and immediately step down.

Yes, they will fit above a platform but not into the wall that is supporting the platform below, from what I have seen and heard
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,359 Member

Yes, they will fit above a platform but not into the wall that is supporting the platform below, from what I have seen and heard

I have no doubt that workarounds can be found (such as placing the door and then moving the platform, or our old hated standby of Move Objects on) I'm spending tomorrow night figuring it out. :smiley:
  • Options
    Dunno if we'll be able to get any use out of the space though. I managed to move some objects under a foundation on stilts (quite high). But my sim totally refused to walk under it to use them
  • Options
    jenpow01jenpow01 Posts: 28 Member
    I was hoping this pack would have the little penguins from Sims 2, they were so cute, but it doesn't look like we will get them back at all. It would be great if they patched them in, although they never made it in Sims 3 either.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Hope the patch is a good one! I will be staying offline but I will follow it here :)

i hope its not mod breaking but thats a lot to hope for. but i just got mine working again.

It's likely going to break some mods -- UI Cheats will definitely need an update, and likely MCCC. Some small tuning mods (like the Degree Tracker Bandaid) might be fine, unless (fingers crossed) EA makes some fixes that makes them obsolete. But it's not up to EA to design their content to match mod content, but rather the other way around. We just have to hope that the mod developers can update quickly.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Anyone seen a list of lot sizes in the new pack? I haven't seen them on the interactive map...

I saw a map that showed the lot sizes but I can't remember where. :/
  • Options
    Anyone seen a list of lot sizes in the new pack? I haven't seen them on the interactive map...

Thanks for the info. 50x50 the biggest, can't say I'm surprised but I am still disappointed by the lack of anything larger, let alone a 64x64. And that none of the 50x50 (apart from the mountaintop) is empty - I guess the snowy one will be some kind of park...

The snowy one is an empty lot.

Ah okay. The screenshot makes it seem there are quite some trees, so I guessed it to be some kind of public space. At least something, then...

I think the trees were just to make it look better on the map, sort of like there was landscaping on the empty 50x40 lot in Del Sol Valley (Get Famous) and the 30x20 in Glimmerbrook (Realm of Magic). I'm thinking of moving the Onsen bathhouse to that lot so I can use the 30x20 for a restaurant. I find the 64x64 lots to be really laggy, especially if there's a lot of content there -- they work okay for large parks but not really for residential (I do like 50x50s for residential though my favorite is 40x30).
  • Options

I think the biggest advantage is that you can sink them, not just raise them so you can have sunken living rooms that won't mess with camera angles (no more disappearing walls, hopefully). I'm not much of a builder but I'm looking forward to exploring platforms in the next few days while I wait for the pack to drop. B)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    Sing in the spirit of 'Annie'....

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's patch day tomorrow
    It's only a day away
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sing in the spirit of 'Annie'....

Tomorrow, tomorrow, it's patch day tomorrow
    It's only a day away

Bugs are singing to the tune of 24 Hours From Tulsa...

I'm only 24 hours till patch drops,
    I'm only one day away from causing harm

Sorry, just kidding, couldn't resist! :D
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I spent the afternoon building a pagoda style house that includes a proper genkan and a wide enough engawa around it. It's four stories and I can't wait to use the new build/buy stuff on it.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    it's officially patch day for Europe and beyond
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member
    3 Days!!!!!