Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should sims be able to move an object that is in the way?

This makes more sense than simply not being able to get to a location, because something is in the way.

Comments

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Sure would be nice 😅😅😅 especially to see them actually move it.
    I use timex live drag all objects mod to help this.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    If there was a functionality, probably would be locked to a specific type of moveable object. Also, should be reliant on their fitness level, I doubt a couch potato can push and drag a large wardrobe lol.
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Yes, I have always wanted this. But it's not necessary for TS4 since they can just walk through stuff, which I can't stand to see. But I requested this sort of thing several times, and that Sims would repair and paint their own homes. They should earn their keep. lol

When I first saw the TS1 trailer teaser I though Sims were going to call a construction company and or put on a hard hat and build their homes themselves. That is what I was expecting to play when they teased The Sims were coming in a little trailer about the new game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    In my games, before I caught on, it was the overhead lighting that got in the way. I could imagine the Sims getting a huge shock if they moved them themselves. Another death in the Sims!
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    i'd love it, sims need more interactions with the world they're in, a better AI would be very helpful for this. there would be needed many animations but for example, moving a chair, wanting to grab something that's behind the bed so sims just get on it to try to reach it, if there's a short object in the middle sims could just jump over it, dunno, those kind of details that can happen, and that would make sims feel smarter
  • Options
    K_PlaysK_Plays Posts: 102 Member
    Yes, when it's something that a person could feasibly move. If they put their guitar down in front of the door and now they're complaining that they can't go through the door because the guitar is blocking their way, they should be able to sort that issue on their own!
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I think they should just have a smarter AI that allows for better routing around objects.

I also think that objects that sit on a surface, (such as kitchen clutter that comes with the game) should not have a footprint attached to it, stuff should be able to sit on a countertop and still have that countertop be functional. In RL people have stuff on their counters all the time like canisters, or a utensil holder, etc. and can still use them. Toilet paper holders that are attached to the wall is another example of footprints that need to be removed, actually wall items should have no footprint that prevents anything under it from being functional.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Sims should starve to death because a plate is on the floor in front of the fridge.
    It's how the game used to work.
    >.>
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited November 2020
    Ray_Trace wrote: »
    If there was a functionality, probably would be locked to a specific type of moveable object. Also, should be reliant on their fitness level, I doubt a couch potato can push and drag a large wardrobe lol.

It's amazing what a bit of frustration and anger can do in terms of lifting something. ~evil grin~ Should be dependent on mood of the sim.

Case in point: My dad ticked me off back in 2006 when I was 36, with his mumbling about how he wanted a fridge put on a truck a certain way and it was taking way too much time and aggravation. This was one of your heavy 1960s style fridges which weighed about 360 pounds empty. I just finally got fed up since he was taking up the majority of my day trying to mess with the darned thing, picked up the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 thing and practically threw it into the back of his truck. So an angry human being can lift something extremely heavy if he's annoyed enough.

And I don't work out either. Yeah, don't worry, I had an excruciating back-pain-moodlet for the next three friggin' weeks after that.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    In TS2 they can jump over small objects blocking their way if I'm not mistaken.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimsLivingUpSimsLivingUp Posts: 5 New Member
    Yes this would be helpful.