Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Snowy Escape Official Countdown Thread (Now Available)!!!!

Comments

• Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    9 days till a possible bug-a-rama.

Well, if that scenario is avoided... I have vacation for 19th and 20th (I was supposed to take those days off in October but was asked to reschedule due to database updates and the need to get everyone acquainted with the changed system) so I might as well use half of one day for building a new home for my main save. Though I admit it'll be hard to leave Glimmerbrook, I'll be glad to find something larger than 30x40 (I hope there's at least a 50x50 lot in the new world). Maybe I'll make a basement for the first time, with underground gym (climbing wall to train my sims) and hot spring right next to it.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    will any of you be starting your game fresh, or do you carry on with the game play you are already playing??

I’ll be playing my same old five-year-old save. I can’t bear to leave them! :)

my legacy is about 4 yrs i think. but generation2 cause it keeps breaking but i love the family and can't bear to give them up. i am a cohost in the writers lounge thread pretty sure the others members think i'm nuts. but they act so human and after so many attempts i feel like i know them.
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,259 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    will any of you be starting your game fresh, or do you carry on with the game play you are already playing??

I’ll be playing my same old five-year-old save. I can’t bear to leave them! :)

my legacy is about 4 yrs i think. but generation2 cause it keeps breaking but i love the family and can't bear to give them up. i am a cohost in the writers lounge thread pretty sure the others members think i'm nuts. but they act so human and after so many attempts i feel like i know them.

You might be a nut, but you're our nut and we like you! :) Besides, I've had conversations with my sims before, esecpailly when they're being stubborn. Even had one tell me his name was Stephan, not Stephanie, once.
    image.png
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I wish we had a bit more news even though it's only 8/9 days away
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,574 Member
    It's almost Thursday, this time next week we will be counting down the hours instead of the days.
  • Options
    It's almost Thursday, this time next week we will be counting down the hours instead of the days.

that is true, and we'll also have the patch which will break all our mods
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,464 Member

Well, if that scenario is avoided... I have vacation for 19th and 20th (I was supposed to take those days off in October but was asked to reschedule due to database updates and the need to get everyone acquainted with the changed system) so I might as well use half of one day for building a new home for my main save. Though I admit it'll be hard to leave Glimmerbrook, I'll be glad to find something larger than 30x40 (I hope there's at least a 50x50 lot in the new world). Maybe I'll make a basement for the first time, with underground gym (climbing wall to train my sims) and hot spring right next to it.

There is a 50x50 lot which is empty and it's close to the bath house on the snowy part of the world.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I really can't wait. This will be a buy for me. I have had homeschooling and a bunch of other yucky stuff to deal with lately and I'm so ready for boring days to return and to be able to sit down and lose myself in the Sims game. I have loads of housework to do with taking Halloween down and cleaning, so I plan to work hard till the day this pack comes out and then play hard. B)
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 7,082 Member
    I so cannot wait to send my sim to the longer slope and see her fall :D So far she has got everything served at a plate. I really hope this time not :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
    My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    8 Days!!!
  • Options
    dsef wrote: »

Awww, I love it when people look on the bright side of life, it's so cheering 😄

8 days, 8 days, 8 days!

8 days til I get the game, and 8 days til I get a week off work. Couldn't be better.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

There is a 50x50 lot which is empty and it's close to the bath house on the snowy part of the world.

*happiness noise intensifies*
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    It feels weird because for me it's 7 days and not 8 so I'm a day ahead of the rest of you with this countdown is (well not just me, UK simmers too)
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    For those of us in the UK - BANG! BANG! Gunpowder & treason and all that. :o
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member

lol I feel like we are all starring in a negative version of V for vendetta right now-) I am just waiting for the train to leave towards it's final destination along with the fireworks :)
  • Options
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »

lol I feel like we are all starring in a negative version of V for vendetta right now-) I am just waiting for the train to leave towards it's final destination along with the fireworks :)
    Huh?

Happy Bonfire Night all, hope all the bangs don't keep the sleepy peeps awake.

This time next week it'll be just a few hours from download time!
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    Ok. i dislike some things about this pack but I buy it... And I hole that patch will be great :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member

I'm carrying on with my current main save once mods are updated; I've got a teen couple living on their own, supporting themselves with selling paintings and doing odd jobs (I've got one Sim who just completed the Painter aspiration, so I've now got her knitting all the socks and sweaters from Nifty Knitting). I'm holding off on aging them up till the pack releases so I can give each of them one of the new traits. I'll likely do some play in my testing save as well while I wait for mods to update so I can get the hang of the new skills.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I have to say that I am looking forward to this one. Though I think it could've been a game pack but that's ok, can't wait to play it.

I think there's enough "under the hood" to justify it being an expansion, especially the things that we're getting in the patch like platforms, and being able to vacation in the residential worlds. Plus there's the Sentiments and Lifestyles. And finally you've got all the animations for skiing and snowboarding plus I think they added some animations for rock climbing that weren't already on the Fitness Stuff machine.
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Maybe this won't be as buggy as recent packs (looks side-eye at EL), especially with some of the Game Changers getting early early access, they might have found bugs that could escape detection by the devs or the extermination squad (QA) with plenty of time to clear them up. B)
    GracieO312 wrote: »

There's going to be mountains of bugs, I'm sure of it! I will be really surprised if the platform tool doesn't have any. GC vids showed a lot of problems with them. Talking of platforms - hopefully this means cars are around the corner! Fingers crossed for the last quarter of 2020!

There didn't seem to be bugs with platforms during the livestream when Graham was showing them off. I wonder if the builder GCers were using an early version of the tool (not knowing the lead time they had to get their builds done and submitted to be included in the final game version) and from their experiences that tool's devs may have fine-tuned things a bit.

The bugs I expect will likely be compatibility with other packs, since playtesting usually only involves the pack being worked on plus base game. For example, if players want to add the Spa Day massage tables to the Onsen bathhouse, will NPC masseuses be generated? I've heard the Fitness Stuff treadmill will build Rock Climbing skill instead of general Fitness skill; will Sims that have a high level of competence on that machine have to start over from square one? There's a lot we won't know till we actually get our hands on the pack a week from tomorrow.
  • Options
    dsef wrote: »

It's not EA's responsibility to make sure mods don't break. Fortunately folks like Deaderpool (MCCC) and weerbesu (UI Cheats) are pretty quick in putting out fixes, and other mod developers work as fast as possible. (It's why I wish we had a little more lead time between pack and patch, especially with platforms coming as well.)
  • Options
    my divorced sim got a girlfriend 7 days to early. i had plans to take him and his dad also divorced to the new world. stoll love them though. like i said itd been at least 4 years since started playing this family. he made me laugh this afternoon though went in my save and he was compley naked.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    my divorced sim got a girlfriend 7 days to early. i had plans to take him and his dad also divorced to the new world. stoll love them though. like i said itd been at least 4 years since started playing this family. he made me laugh this afternoon though went in my save and he was compley naked.

hopfuly he doesn't go hiking like that in the new pack lol @friendsfan367
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

hopfuly he doesn't go hiking like that in the new pack lol @friendsfan367

hes a triplet. but its usually the oldest triplet who does that hes the youngest of the 3. so i was not expecting it. not from him anyway the olsest of the 3 loves being naked so far hes stayed clothed but i haven't played him a lot.
  • Options
    7 Days!!!!!

We're Officially 1 Week Away From Release

This time next week we'll be able to download it.