Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to have open walls and properly working lights?

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I checked around a little, but couldn't find a recent or relevant answer to this.

aa.jpg

I build a gym and I wanted to use these faux doors as the entrance to the boxing area. Now, I used the same red door, resized it as small as possible to only have the entrance hole as the main door thinking that I could move the door up with the 0 key to get it out of sight, but of course.. that moves the entrance hole of the door as well. I swear I saw people do this somehow, but maybe i am doing it wrong.

What I want is a open entrance and have the lights inside still function properly which does not work if you just remove the walls, so that is why I used the resizing door trick.. so I thought. Does anyone know how to make this work or perhaps another trick so i can have these 4 walls open, but the game not thinking my walls are open, so the light inside don't work??

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    You have to temporary build a basement room and move the shrunken door up from the room below just so the top of the door barely shows. I tried to find a video but failed because of time I have today. Actually, not even this still works since the window/door placement update that broke all the cc doors and windows. I will try to spend more time on this later.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I only play vanilla, does this work without mods or cc?
  • Options
    @SERVERFRA yes but not sure if it still works. I did not get a chance to play today to test it and I can't find a video. No cc needed just build cheats.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Why not create the wall opening with arches or columns and spandrels?
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    @AnnLee87 I do not use CC and the basement method does not work for me. The door-opening simply does not show up above ground even though I moved the door as far as possible up from the basement. I am not sure if this changed due to latest updates or something, but I remember I saw people doing it somehow before.

@crocobaura Also, I tried to replace the wall with colums and spandrels, but that still counts are an open space, so the light inside won't work.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    @AnnLee87 I do not use CC and the basement method does not work for me. The door-opening simply does not show up above ground even though I moved the door as far as possible up from the basement. I am not sure if this changed due to latest updates or something, but I remember I saw people doing it somehow before.

@crocobaura Also, I tried to replace the wall with colums and spandrels, but that still counts are an open space, so the light inside won't work.

I am not sure what you mean by the lights inside won't work. I have arches in my game with the gap covered by windows and the lights work fine in that room.
  • Options
    I could not get the trick to work either and still can't remember who made the video either. Maybe have this moved to tips or tweaks area or something so it gets more attention.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wow, I love your building ideas AnnLee87, so cool.