Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

THE ONE & ONLY 'SNOWY ESCAPE' COMPLAINING THREAD!

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    My complaints and worries for the pack are...

One of the neighborhoods appears to be completely dead. I'm not sure the name of it but it was completely devoid of sims other than the ones that the Guru was playing with in the live stream. I find that very upsetting and worrying. I'm not the only one that noticed this either as Plumbella also mentioned it in her review video.

Sims from other worlds are present in their usual attire once again ruining the immersion of the packs general theme.

The gondola lifts are just a rubbish teleport. Very disappointing. I can deal with the train not doing anything useful but not the gondola lifts.

The sentiments. I like them but at the same time they don't seem to have much impact on sim behavior from what I saw in the live stream.

They were playing a very early build.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Harukotyan wrote: »
    IngeJones wrote: »
    This is really only a tongue in cheek complaint, but I was pretty impressed to see them get up to the top of that mountain without even any equipment - ropes, picks, fixed lines, nothing! And in bad weather with one of them injured. Slightly disappointed there wasn't more realism in the climbing requirements.

Also base camp on a popular mountain is often like a little village - lots of tents, including large dining tents. Could have been a venue type lot.

Technically they had their climbing gear on. They have this in their inventory and Guru applied it to them. As far as I understand from the stream it's represented by gloves/boots thingies. That's why they had them on while woohooing in the cave. It was their climbing equipment. Must be a very interesting experience.... :D And, yes, the lack of visual accessories/animation is a bit disappointing.

There is no visible rope, but I saw that they dust their hands with talcum powder before climbing. Maybe they are supposed to be free solo climbers? In those icy conditions from the game I bet they wished they had at least a pickaxe.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member

One of the neighborhoods appears to be completely dead. I'm not sure the name of it but it was completely devoid of sims other than the ones that the Guru was playing with in the live stream. I find that very upsetting and worrying. I'm not the only one that noticed this either as Plumbella also mentioned it in her review video.

Sims from other worlds are present in their usual attire once again ruining the immersion of the packs general theme.

The gondola lifts are just a rubbish teleport. Very disappointing. I can deal with the train not doing anything useful but not the gondola lifts.

The sentiments. I like them but at the same time they don't seem to have much impact on sim behavior from what I saw in the live stream.

Pfft I think they said that just in case a sim bowed at the shrine LOL They probably didn't want an uproar again.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    bellagoth_ wrote: »
    you asking for realism when the "animation" for taking off the shoes is literally a white cloud on the feet lmao

Eww yeah I saw that. I wonder if somebody will be able to mod it to look more normal.
    That is probably the only thing in this pack that I really dislike.

Living in England where we do remove outdoor shoes, I was planning on making all my homes shoe free zones. But I could see that darn cloud driving me nuts if I have to see it for every sim every time they go in and out of the house.

It’s actually making me not want to use the feature. I think I’d rather let them keep their shoes on.

I guess if they use the animation where a Sims is trying to use Ice Skating or Rollerblade shoes (where they jump a little) it would turn out to be better and less of an eyesore.

Though my memory is kinda vague whether this animation is in a Sims 4 or 3 or both.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    IngeJones wrote: »
    This is really only a tongue in cheek complaint, but I was pretty impressed to see them get up to the top of that mountain without even any equipment - ropes, picks, fixed lines, nothing! And in bad weather with one of them injured. Slightly disappointed there wasn't more realism in the climbing requirements.

Also base camp on a popular mountain is often like a little village - lots of tents, including large dining tents. Could have been a venue type lot.

you asking for realism when the "animation" for taking off the shoes is literally a white cloud on the feet lmao

Eww yeah I saw that. I wonder if somebody will be able to mod it to look more normal.

:D Accurate reaction.

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020

Are the game changers also playing the same early build cause I see all of these same issues in their videos as well.

The neighbourhood called Wakaba is completely dead. It's a neighbourhood with nothing in it but a few vending machines.

Sims from other neighbourhoods are everywhere ruining the immersion of an authentic Japanese world. Is it that hard to keep them out?

I've still yet to see sentiments have any effect on sim behavior. They add moodlets sure but does that affect their behavior in any way? I might just be missing this though. I haven't seen a huge amount of footage regarding the sentiments yet. I'm actually hoping that I'm wrong and that I'm going to be pleasantly surprised by them and how they work but only time and playing with them will tell me that I think.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

I was planning on making all my homes shoe free zones. But I could see that darn cloud driving me nuts if I have to see it for every sim every time they go in and out of the house.

Yeah, I'd prefer if there was no animation and the shoes just disappeared when sims step indoors. That would be much less intrusive
  • Options
    bookish_sammybookish_sammy Posts: 223 Member
    Have we learned more about the caves? During the livestream, the ice cave on the mountain was said to have levels and stuff. Do we know if we actually get to see inside or if it's a rabbit hole that tells us "Your sim found this thing" and "Should your sim go left or right?" I don't like that their definition of exploring something generally equates to them disappearing into a rabbit hole. I don't want to read about their experiences. I want to see them.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone! We've temporarily closed this thread while its under review.

EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top