Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4: What makes you smile

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    This is a big reason I love this game. I'm constantly finding stuff to smile over due to animations, sounds and visuals in the game... and that's before or apart from being able to tell stories with my gameplay. I never get tired of sending them to jog in various neighborhoods for instance, to hear the sounds of their feet as they run or walk. To leash a dog and take them for a jog and watch how the animation flows. The different sounds that happen in different neighborhoods even. They've put a lot of detail in this game it's around every corner.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,466 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Being able to paint my dog to look like Nancy Landgraab.
    That would be funny to see. :D
    Enjoy
    01.jpg

I'm going to create a life size cardboard cut-out of this and put it in front of my house.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited October 2020
    Dogs swimming. I especially love seeing my dog who is painted as a hippo swimming in a pond.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SanniSilliSanniSilli Posts: 164 Member
    Reading the descriptions of items in a build mode. I really enjoy most of them :D
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    The facial expressions sims have based on their emotions. They're all so cute, especially the sad ones.
  • Options
    EnnaelEnnael Posts: 86 Member
    My possessed guy when he wanders around every night from 1-4am. His mumblings and random noises are hilarious.

Happy babies being cuddled. Particularly the face they make just after the Sim holding them kisses their forehead.
    50617862938_30d24ee877_o.gif
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    When my sims toddlers like not to do what their parents want its funny to see them get mad. Or when the parent just gets mad at the toddler for misbehaving. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Looking around at the scenery and all the little details put into the environment, like seeing bees or fireflies in Willow Creek, reptiles and snakes in Strangerville and Selvadorada, or watching the aurora over a green neighbourhood. Things like that make me smile a lot ❤️
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I just found a new place in Windenburg where my Sims can fish. This makes me smile. A lot! I thought I'd looked everywhere, too. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    When parents play with their toddlers.

When family members play pretend while the toddlers make believe, and the little adorable Crayon World that only the toddlers can see pops up - I love it!

Autonomous Romantic interactions between two Sims who love each other.

I don't know if this counts, but lately I've been smiling and having a good time when a specific song comes up in Build/Buy mode - I believe it came with Realm of Magic but it could just as easily have come with Strangerville. During the course of the song, there's an evil-ish laugh that sounds like it was done by a child. I look forward to that song and that moment every time.

When male sims get to a high enough singing level and they start singing opera.

When any sim practices singing at a low level :D
  • Options
    ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    My toddler hugging the dog, cutest animation!
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    Seeing toddlers run, that always puts a smile on my face. So cute!!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Seeing crazily dressed townies! :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    The way kids giggle through their karaoke!
  • Options
    JerrelloJerrello Posts: 896 Member
    Drinking hot cocoa in a cafe while it’s snowing and listening to smooth tunes in the background.
  • Options
    OliwkaWidmoOliwkaWidmo Posts: 45 Member
    Seeing my Sims meaningfully multitask, like when my kid Sim is doing her homework while sitting on her bed, and next to her is her toddler sister eating, and they're both talking. It's just so fun and realistic. I thought I wouldn't care about multitasking when I first got Sims 4, but it really adds a lot of charm.
  • Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    I was playing the black widow challenge. She finally had enough money to move from the dump she lived in. She walked into her new house and jumped into the air, kicked her feet together and punched her right fist to the left while saying what sounded like "YES"I nearly choked on the water I was drinking and burst out laughing. Then I said out loud HAPPY ARE YOU!!!!
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Camkat wrote: »
    Toddlers interacting with pets. I love the pet's reactions too (which is usually confused :D ).

Toddlers hugging other toddlers. So sweet! <3
    Yes, I was waiting for this mention. Also, when the toddler does have a high enough relationship with the pet, they can hug and it's SO adorable. (Other ages can as well, but toddlers rule in this case for cuteness).

Enjoyable thread. I've found myself nodding and laughing along with most of the responses (and remembering them from my own playtime as well). :smiley:

Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    When someone likes something less than a minute after I post it in the gallery!
  • Options
    seabearseabear Posts: 2 New Member
    > @sunman502 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Pretty much all these plus torturing the townies.
    > Back when we first got GTW, I had my sim join the science career. And they made this satellite dish. This dish allowed you to rake havoc on the neighborhood. So what I did was I had made all the sims that in range of this dish suffer a bladder failure. And then I made them pass out so that they could go and use the bathroom. So when they finally woke up, most of them ended wetting themselves because they couldn't get the bathroom in time. I know it's cruel, but it's hilarious to watch. Especially when they are doing the potty dance just before they wet themselves. It's sweet revenge!

omg lol reading your "Pretty much all these plus torturing the townies" response after the incredibly wholesome list from @TeeSea made me chuckle
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    seabear wrote: »
    > @sunman502 said:
    > (Quote)
    > Pretty much all these plus torturing the townies.
    > Back when we first got GTW, I had my sim join the science career. And they made this satellite dish. This dish allowed you to rake havoc on the neighborhood. So what I did was I had made all the sims that in range of this dish suffer a bladder failure. And then I made them pass out so that they could go and use the bathroom. So when they finally woke up, most of them ended wetting themselves because they couldn't get the bathroom in time. I know it's cruel, but it's hilarious to watch. Especially when they are doing the potty dance just before they wet themselves. It's sweet revenge!

omg lol reading your "Pretty much all these plus torturing the townies" response after the incredibly wholesome list from @TeeSea made me chuckle
    Welcome to The Sims 4 Forums! Glad that you can join us! Glad that I was able to make you chuckle! :D
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited November 2020
    Watching puppies play together. My sims adopted puppies today and they are so cute.
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited November 2020
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Being able to paint my dog to look like Nancy Landgraab.
    That would be funny to see. :D
    Enjoy
    01.jpg

Oh my god 😂 You my friend are a true artist. You have really captured Nancy and her iconic makeup.

ETA: I just noticed you even painted on her outfit! Thank you, I needed this laugh.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    PurpleHeatherPurpleHeather Posts: 83 Member
    Parents helping their toddlers climb the slide from the toddler stuff pack. They are both worried and proud.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    Toddlers running
    Sims singing, good or bad
    Sims playing instruments