Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SNOWY ESCAPE POLL: After the live stream

Comments

• Options
    pink_coco10pink_coco10 Posts: 54 Member
    I'll buy it when it's on sale or bundled
    I always buy on sale, even if I love a pack and want it.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    I've already pre-purchased, and I'm still excited!
    I pre-purchased after the first trailer and I'm even more excited now!
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I always buy on sale, even if I love a pack and want it.

I wish I had your disciple to wait :D
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I cannot wait- this is going to be the best thing ever. I AM TOO HYPED! YISSSSS!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm still on the fence
    The biggest drawbacks for me is that I'm not overly interested in Japanese culture or snow sports. That doesn't leave much to love about this pack, does it?

It seemed like a mish-mash of Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day and City Living. And the sentiments feature worried me that everyone became sad because one of the group was tense. Imagine what it will be like everytime a sim descends into sadness when a sim they barely know dies.

But then, the world is beautiful and the builds are nice.

So for me, it's when there's a sale on and only if the pack does not produce any undesirable side-effects/bugs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,414 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    I'm definitely buying but haven't decided yet if I'll wait for a sale. I always like to save a little when I can. Love the pack still!
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I already pre ordered prior to the live stream as I have wanted snow sports like this forever so it was a no brainer for me. Plus I hoped by pre ordering I might be able to download it a little earlier and not get stuck in the rush but this is probably just an illusion :)
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Too many things from previous packs reused for me to justify paying 40€.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,155 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    It's so like Windenburg/City/Seasons/Spa Day with a very big upgrade.
    I'm so amazed 😅
  • Options
    ejiofor1995ejiofor1995 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    I cant wait to buy this pack!!
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    pre-ordered it on Saturday and I'm glad I did, I wish time would hurry up
  • Options
    Poekie03Poekie03 Posts: 1,582 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    I'm so excited for this pack! And after watching the livestream I'm even more excited!! Can't wait till november 13th :smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited October 2020
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    It was so much better than I dared to hope. The plattforms are so flexible, and will allow for making functional stages; there are promises of gameplay for the cave; the places in world where sims can go are so interactive; and even though I am not interested in the sport aspects, that climb to a custumizable lot seems great, I'm so looking forward to build there.
  • Options
    EvilWitch83EvilWitch83 Posts: 140 Member
    I'm waiting for a sale on the expansion and looking forward to the basegame update.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    I'm still on the fence
    The sentiments don't look like they're strong enough.

I think there are too little lifestyles but it does seems interesting however

I saw someone say this on Twitter and it explained my exact thoughts. That the sentiments was just plopped on top of a wonky emotion system with no tweaks. Throughout the whole stream every one was either happy or tense. Even when his enemy was around, he was extremely happy. I think anger or negative emotions should be a bit stronger and override happy. Happy and energized are too strong, to me.

AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Other / Justine Keaton
    I’m not sure to be honest, some of the lifestyles look like they’d get really annoying judging by the Platinum Sims guide. Complete the child social aspiration? Enjoy struggling to make more meaningful relationships! What is even going to count as health food and how whiny are sims going to get if they have to eat some birthday cake? What are high/low energy careers? Will watching tv while exercising confuse the system?
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Even though this pack looks wonderful I am buying it on a sale because I refuse to spend more money on it. The packs are disgustingly pricey in my country.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Saw that its already 40% off on CDkeys so I'll buy it from there, not worth full price imo but I'm still gonna get it.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    I will be getting it. I like the combination of what it offers. I also like how detailed the Japanese features are. I also like the new festivals and combination of new activities.

I hope we might see other mountain worlds in the future, but I like this one.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,789 Member
    I'm definitely buying

I'm so buying this because it is giving me additional things that I want in my game. Happy Simming! :wink:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    It's so like Windenburg/City/Seasons/Spa Day with a very big upgrade.
    I'm so amazed 😅

And a little Willow Creek-ish :D
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    Definitely buying, but I'll get it as a bundle. I don't pay full price for anything, since there are sales so often and bundles. I still don't have Vampires and a bunch of stuff packs, so I can bundle on release.

It's coming out on my birthday so it's my present to myself (especially as I can't go out and celebrate as lock down is being reintroduced where I live).
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    I'm definitely buying
    Can't Wait!!
  • Options
    NighteyesNighteyes Posts: 1,142 Member
    I pre-ordered it and then regretted the impulse. But then I saw the video and I'm excited again. I haven't been this happy about an EP since Seasons.