Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need a 64bit version of Sims 3 on Windows as well. Not just Mac.

I'm going, to be frank... it's going to be really disheartening if the Sims team doesn't release an updated version that works properly on windows meanwhile apple users get a version that actually works. I don't want to have to make a virtual machine, buy a cheap used mac, configure a Hackintosh, and enjoy an old title. Nor is this something I should have to do. Currently on my machine it at 20FPS and freezes constantly with a 3990X threadripper, 128GB of ram, and a 2080TI. (Downloaded tools and even changed graphicrules and other files.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm going, to be frank... it's going to be really disheartening if the Sims team doesn't release an updated version that works properly on windows meanwhile apple users get a version that actually works. I don't want to have to make a virtual machine, buy a cheap used mac, configure a Hackintosh, and enjoy an old title. Nor is this something I should have to do. Currently on my machine it at 20FPS and freezes constantly with a 3990X threadripper, 128GB of ram, and a 2080TI. (Downloaded tools and even changed graphicrules and other files.

I wouldn't buy an old Mac if I were you. Isn't Sims3 being reconfigured to cope with an updated OS?
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Currently on my machine it at 20FPS and freezes constantly with a 3990X threadripper, 128GB of ram, and a 2080TI. (Downloaded tools and even changed graphicrules and other files.

@shadownightfire Yikes, that doesn't even sound like it's because the game is 32Bit. If you get only 20FPS you have another problem...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member

??? I play TS3 on an MSI GS75 Stealth gaming laptop with 64gb of RAM and Nvidia 2070 Super Max Q. I also followed all the guides - it runs fantastic with graphics options on highest quality and I've set it 60FPS so it's smooth with an FPS limiter. I also load all the EPs and SPs and have a lot of the Sims 3 Store items installed too.

• Options
    shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
    Currently on my machine it at 20FPS and freezes constantly with a 3990X threadripper, 128GB of ram, and a 2080TI. (Downloaded tools and even changed graphicrules and other files.

@shadownightfire Yikes, that doesn't even sound like it's because the game is 32Bit. If you get only 20FPS you have another problem...
    ??? I play TS3 on an MSI GS75 Stealth gaming laptop with 64gb of RAM and Nvidia 2070 Super Max Q. I also followed all the guides - it runs fantastic with graphics options on highest quality and I've set it 60FPS so it's smooth with an FPS limiter. I also load all the EPs and SPs and have a lot of the Sims 3 Store items installed too.

It's crazy since I can play almost every other game* without any issues, but it's just the sims 3 which really doesn't want to play nice with my system. Maybe some ackward is happening... who knows. Maybe I made a mistake in the guides, but went though several times.
  • Options
    shadownightfireshadownightfire Posts: 63 Member
    I wouldn't buy an old Mac if I were you. Isn't Sims3 being reconfigured to cope with an updated OS?

A cheap mac would do the trick. Don't encourage people to pirate software, but is required
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    No we don’t. EA Would just screw it up like they do everything.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.